Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18SW_gno

Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo Selects)
Format: Video Game|Change

on February 28, 2013
As a hardcore gamer and fan of previous Mario adventure and various other Mario games, I was very surprised with how amazingly dull this game was. I liked the originality and unique characteristics of gameplay that were put into the previous adventure Mario games. I found Super Mario Galaxy to be very unique in gameplay and also very visually appealing, but I felt it was lacking some element that the other games had that made them very fun to play.

I played this game a couple of times for about 2 hours each time attempting to get the game to redeem itself, and finally decided to return it. I really could not play it any longer, it just bored me to death. I also found it very difficult to navigate the 3D planets and there was no solid incentive that made me want to finish levels and advance so that I could be the ultimate player, contrary to the others.

The advancement of galaxies and so on was not executed properly. For me, it was SO confusing to find my place in the universe. I mean that literally. I found myself flying to a planet, to a comet, to a star, to whatever 'collected mass of various cosmic substances' that existed within the game without warning and in a hasty manner. There isn't any space to explore and look for hidden items and areas. You just end up getting shot from one heavenly body to another upon entering the level.

A few words to describe Super Mario Galaxy: all over the place, scrambled, misleading, unclear, and hard to follow, among others. I believe, relative to the aforementioned reasons above, that Super Mario Galaxy is a ridiculously overrated video game. I also believe it was a real let-down; disappointing. 1 star for the disappointment, overrating, hasty advancement, monotony, and failure of execution.
99 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 25, 2012
This game is just terrible, and a huge waste of money. I bought this expecting to have fun, because my friends said it was a great game, but after an hour of playing, I found there are no guns! How can a game be good if it doesn't have any guns?!? Think that's bad? It gets worse. There's no online deathmatch mode. In this day and age, it's inexcusable for a game to not have an online mode where you shoot people's heads off. Get with the times, Nintendo! All in all, this is a horrible game, not worth anybody's time.
1111 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 1, 2012
I think the game is stupid and so does my husband and children, there is no point to the game. a real waste of money
99 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 28, 2012
My son wanted this game and looks as if there's no way of playing it. It just seem to be a game. He gets mad and cries because he doesn't understand it so therefore I hate it as well.
66 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 10, 2017
The game itself is wonderful, I couldn't be happier with the actual game experience, since I've played it before with a friend.

However, it arrived in a cheap case, and the disc was beaten up pretty badly. I figured it was worth a try and the disc didn't run. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed considering I paid for a disc that should've been at the very least playable. I'll have to get it re-surfaced and hope that makes a difference, but I'm not happy that this means I'll have to pay more out of pocket.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on May 26, 2013
I very much like this one even though I am having problems I still like it You collect stars and their are different mushrooms one of the mushrooms turns you into a bee but some of them are very hard to do such as the one where you ride a sting ray there are no sides to keep you from falling off into space and I did several times before getting the star also the commets are a pain they either put a timer on you or you race a mirror of yourself.
on April 2, 2013
I'm a Mario fan for life - I loved this game! I am a girl in her 20's, and am not into shooting style games, or action games. I like strategy and mario type adventure games. I loved this! I especially liked the graphics and the sweet story that went along with the game. The price was great, and gave lots of game-play for your money.
on June 1, 2013
Ever since Mario64, Nintendo has been slapping the balls right out the park with every 3D Mario release. Each one being better than the next. SMG is no exception. Everything about this game is of the best quality, except for the story line, which is exactly what it should be for a 3D Mario, light. It's more about solving the puzzles and platforming through genius designed levels. In terms of graphics, this looks like a PS3 game to be honest. This is what the Wii is truly capable of. Forget what you've heard about Wii graphics, cuz this one'll shut you up. Controls feel wonderful, with great response. Light motion controls make it even better. Mario never looked and felt so good, this is a must own for any gamer. I give this game 5 stars.
on May 26, 2016
Originally I thought this was a 2 player game much like the Super Mario, but it is more of a one player game. The 2nd player assists the 1st player by freezing bad guys and collecting star bits. This has been ok since my 7 year old can hand off the controller on the hard parts, but I was hoping for a more interactive two player game. Overall the game is fun, slow beginning, but quickly becomes more enjoyable. I don't like that the star from the 2nd player assisting on the screen is somewhat distracting, but I do like that the creativity of the game like Bee Mario and some of the other characters. I also don't like that you can only save at parts, and so you may have to do some of the sections you already did even after a save. Overall, I would buy the game again, even if I knew all these things. It is a different Mario experience with the same Mario themes. My 7 year old loves the game. The co-op mode is different, but makes for a fun supportive role experience. I think if you have older kids, they may want to take turns.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 12, 2012
This game is more like Nintendo 64's Mario where it's missions you accomplish rather than running straight through levels. I bought this for my 4 year old son, but it is a little too advanced for him. In the meantime, I am playing the bejesus out of it.

It's so fun! The music is great and the missions are challenging, but not overly difficult. It took me a minute to get used to playing with the adapter joystick-thing, but it's coming along. I've completed a couple galaxies and can't wait to get the chance to play again.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.