Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on January 18, 2016
I am currently playing this game for the 3rd time through. I first bought this game for the regular Wii system and now I'm playing it on the WiiU. I feel like my only complaint about this game is that it truly isn't really a "2 player" game. Yes, you can play with 2 people but the second person gets short changed in my opinion as their only job in the whole game is to collect star bits and shoot. I suppose it would be better off your playing alone rather than as a pair but otherwise still a very fun game to play.
on June 5, 2012
So I am a little late to Super Mario Galaxy. I just picked this up and had a chance to play through the game. It was amazing and kept me entertained.

Story: While the story of Mario having to save the princess is not original by any means, in this game, Bowser has taken her to the stars and you must take back enough Power Stars (lumas) from the enemy in order to power your ship. That is the only way you can travel to where Bowser has taken princess Peach. You are guided by Rosalina and she tells you a story throughout the game on stars called lumas by reading a storybook.

Gameplay: This plays out a lot like Super Mario 64. You explore different galaxies and each one has muliple planets. On each planet, you can obtain several stars. You select which star you are going for and the level is setup for you for that star. There are hidden stars and special stars you get from a comet being in orbit around the planet. The comets make you play the level with a handicap such as having to race mirror Mario, only 1 hit, fast foes, time limit, etc. Gravity plays a big part of this game. In some platforms you can move to any side including the bottom. Mario will be upside down and controls can get a little tricky like this. During the game, you will encounter planets that let you race on a manti-ray, explore underwater, and other themed planets such as fire, ice, water, etc. Some special items you can get during the game include items that morph mario into a bee, a ghost, turn him to fire mario, ice mario, and even flying mario. You collect star bits during the game that help you open up new areas by feeding them to the lumas that will transform into special items or planets.

Conclusion: This game will keep you hooked. All of the levels (galaxies) are a blast. What's nice is that you can choose to try difficult levels or just skip them. You don't have to get all the stars in the game to beat it. If you want a challenge, the game does offer that and it is a blast to try and get ever star in the game. If you stick around past the ending, you get the purple comet that lets you explore every galaxy again trying to get the 100 purple coins for another star. I would recommend this game to anyone whatever age they can figure out how to use a wii controller with the nunchuk.
on September 21, 2014
First off let me say that I didn't like this game. I guess I'm just too old school to appreciate new innovative games and ideas. I like Mario games similar to SM64 with big levels and variety. Mario Galaxy was the exact opposite with small similar space based levels. I also prefer the old controllers over the motion sensitive ones. I don't want to wave my arms about just to play a video game. Anyway don't let it be said I don't have an open mind. Being a long time Nintendo fan I wanted to give it a try and even though I didn't care for it I do think it's a great innovative game for those that like new experiences. As are all Nintendo's games it was very polished. The graphics were beautiful and control was spot on. Nintendo spent a lot time on getting it perfect and they succeeded. Even though it wasn't the kind of Mario game I was hoping for it certainly deserves five stars.
on October 13, 2009
I have every Nintendo system from the old NES and gameboy, to the Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Nintendo DS and now the Wii. I'm 29 and ever since Super Mario Bros came out on the NES I've been hooked on Mario games. That is NOT to say that I like every Mario game out there, in fact I think that some of them are pretty lousy. But Super Mario Galaxy is a must for any true Mario fan out there.

Fun level: A+ What a blast!

Difficulty Level: Some levels are pretty difficult, but when you compare it to Super Mario Bros on the NES (or, for that matter, Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels) it's a *relatively* easy and forgiving game. But overall, this game will test your abilities.

Music: A+ I love the music! In fact I am planning on buying the soundtrack. The music is just so different from any other Mario game I've ever played. It's so inspiring!
on June 20, 2008
I love mario games! This one is especially fun.

It is possible to beat the game without actually beating every single level. I like this, since there are a few levels that were just too difficult for me. There are some levels that you can't get to without passing others, but I was able to play most of them and I was able to get to the end level without beating every single one. It's pretty easy to figure out what you are supposed to do. I didn't have to resort to walkthroughs at any point. Also, I didn't feel like reading the manual, but the game gives little hints every now and then for tricks and things.

The only con is that, like all mario games, it takes WAY too long to get to the actual game. You have to watch all the beginning animations before you actually get to play. They insist on always forcing us to watch the whole backstory. I would rather this just be an option in the menu, and instead just let us start playing the game immediately.

I can't wait for the next mario game!
on March 22, 2017
Never got a chance to play this game when it came out, and boy am I glad I decided to give it a try now. The game works flawlessly, and visuals are guaranteed to bring a smile to your face, such a fun game.
I purchased my copy from WareHouse Deals.
on June 11, 2017
Super Mario Galaxy for Nintendo Wii! For me is A great game full of challenges just hard enough to rage quit but to fun to stop playing!
on December 11, 2007
My husband and I (ages 32 and 28) love this game!!! My 6.5 year old loves helping her dad play by using the second controller and helping him collect stars (which is great as she can do that and feel involoved without messing up the game). The games is very entertaining and has the same charm as previous Mario games. Walking upside down in some of the worlds is a little different and you have to get use to it. The graphics are great and we love playing the game and all three of our daughters love watching or helping collect stars. I would recommend this game!
on April 22, 2017
I got this from a seller called Super toys n games or somethibg like that. They are the people you want to buy used games from I promise you. Cheap game, comes with case, game works awesome ive had no issues
on July 27, 2013
Ah Mario, is there anything he can't do? I will say that at first this game would give me a little vertigo, though it never seemed to affect my sons at all. But after a while I got over the motion sickness and really got into the game. This is one of those games where I try to keep playing even when my turn is officially over and my kids are nagging me to let them play again. I just wish it was multiplayer.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.