Spring Deals Automotive HPC Amazon First Reads New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 28, 2010
We gave this to my 7-year-old son b/c he is a HUGE Mario fan, and he stopped playing after a day b/c he's tired of the long video inserts in the game. I guess they're trying to set up a storyline, but the kids just want to play, not sit through several 2-3 minute videos. And if you don't reach the 1st spot where the game will save, you have to sit through all of them again. I don't know why all of the recent Mario games insist on making you wade through "extras" (you have to hit the "A" button 100 times to get through different intro screens for each event on Winter Olympics...painfully tedious), but we've really soured on "Mario" games because of it and won't be buying any more.
1313 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 12, 2009
I hate Super Mario Galaxy! The game was to hard, to long, and when you beat it you don't get the extra galaxy! I don't even know why they are making a second one cause the first one sucked so bad! If I were you don't waist your money and time with this game! I highly suggest that you will be happier with Super Mario Sunshine for the Gamecube! I had a great and fun time playing that game and I still play it today! And again DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! It is a total waist of money!
1818 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 14, 2007
Mario has lost his way since the days of the 8 bit nintendo. While Super Mario Galaxy is an improvement from Sunshine, I think that Mario 64 is better than Galaxy. The best of the Super Mario series of course being 1 and 2.

I found the orientation of Galaxy to be disorienting and uncomfortable. As Mario, you move from planet to planet as levels. The object typically being to find and collect the Super Star. Each planet is like a ball that you run around on, but the camera does not change perspective. [..]

Graphically, this game looks good for a Wii game, though only somewhat better than what you would expect from a Gamecube. The music scores are orchestrated, but uninspired. The music from the old 2D Mario games were much more spirited.
2222 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
When it comes to anticapated games for the Nintendo Wii, many of them have wanted one thing, Mario. It has been nearly a year though since the Wii was launched with The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess as the main attraction, but many die hard fans have been anxious for a game that has delivered the appeal of Super Mario 64 from Mario's hay day. Although Super Mario Sunshine was also a fun game for the Nintendo Gamecube, it just didn't deliver as well as the Nintendo 64 classic had proven. But, Mario has proven his strength earlier this year on the Wii with gems like Super Paper Mario & Mario Party 8 which both worked well as great buys for the Nintendo system, but this is the one that reaches to the stratosphere.

Super Mario Galaxy for the Nintendo Wii, brings in the big guns, as Mario does whatever it takes to save Princess Toadstool a.k.a. Peach from the clutches of Bowser. This time around, Mario takes to the sky to help him in his quest. Along the way, Mario has to collect star bits, which can help him beat enemies and bosses of all kinds, from the classics like Thwomps and goombas, to bigger than life boss battles like a vulgar spider who shoots venom at you, and even a mecha robot that fires bullet bills at you from all different angles.

There are also a few new features here that Mario shines through as well in the game, like specialty suits like the bee suit, which transforms Mario into a bumble bee, that can make mario fly through the Honeycomb stage, where he can collect coins and stars from each of the levels. There is also the boo suit, where Mario can actually become the ghostly menace, Boo in the haunted house level to help him enter ghostly portals that Mario couldn't normally enter, but it also can make the other Boo ghosts quickly fall in love with Mario in the blink of an eye. There are also some returns of classic items to use as well like the Fire Flower, and a new ice flower that Mario could use to freeze his foes on ice.

The graphics in the game are absolutely breathtaking and appeal well to the Wii's eyes, while the music is simplistic and elequent to the ears of Mario fans, especially as he surfs the galaxy. The control is also very simple to manuver, and stays mainly relevant to the palms of the Wii remote and nunchucks' hands. You can also use the Wii remote to help you grapple onto trees and meteors that can help you launch from one platform to another, and you can also use to help you collect star bits, and perform new attacks like the spin move. There is also a new co-op mode where for the first time, two people can play, as you can use another player to help you collect star bits, to help you along your quest, and defeat tougher foes like a giant octopus in the lava, and even giant goombas that are beyond the heights of the world.

All in all, what I love about Super Mario Galaxy is that it is everything Wii owners have wanted in a great game, and more. It is a definite must buy for the Wii that is sure to bring a lot of excitement into die hard Mario fans. This is one game that really brings out the heart at being the best of what the Nintendo Wii has delivered, and that has still shown to die hard Mario fans of all ages. I absolutely recommend it as a great buy on a star-spectacular scale.

Graphics: A

Sound: A+

Control: A-

Fun & Enjoyment: A

Overall: A
1414 comments| 400 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 15, 2008
Many associate the Mario games with fun. I associate the name Mario for one mediocre platformer from the 80s/90s and a load of marketing hype and crazed fanboys.
There's no real story, the weak and uninteresting main character has no personality, the platforming has been done better before, all the "innovations" - most of them eon-old rehashes - feel forced, no sense of completion can be gained and the "fun" the game radiates seems false.
I suggest playing Spyro the Dragon for PS1 instead.
1616 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 5, 2008
When I couldn't skip over the opening cinematic; when my roommate kept using the second controller to make me jump to my death; when my roommate kept using the second controller to shoot me with my meteorites; when I couldn't adjust the camera to keep track of Mario, I shut this thing off and went back to "Sea Monsters."

Also, there were way too many jitneys in this game.
1616 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 21, 2017
This game is absolutely timeless. It became an instant classic the day it was released. I just started playing it again for the first time in 9 or 10 years since I never did beat it back in 2007/2008. I started from scratch at the very beginning since it has been so long since I played it and I want to be able to enjoy the game from start to finish. I remember purchasing this game way back when it first came out in 2007. It's hard to believe that was an entire decade ago. Where does the time go??? Playing this game today, 10 years later, gives me a huge surge of nostalgia. It's really sad that the Wii U couldn't hold a candle to the original Wii. Even though the Wii was not an HDMI capable system, the graphics in this game (and many other Wii games) are outstanding. I don't really play video games much at all anymore since the original Wii's era ended back in 2012, but I sure am glad that my husband and I held onto our Wii and all of our games so that I could pick this one back up for old time's sake. We also have Mario Galaxy 2, which I intend to start once I finish this one, whenever that may be. I'm in no rush at all! If you are a Mario fan and have never played this game, you are definitely missing out and I highly recommend picking up a copy! Even though this game is now 10 years old and the Wii may technically be considered "obsolete," it's still absolutely worth owning and playing!
on March 22, 2017
Never got a chance to play this game when it came out, and boy am I glad I decided to give it a try now. The game works flawlessly, and visuals are guaranteed to bring a smile to your face, such a fun game.
I purchased my copy from WareHouse Deals.
on April 22, 2017
I got this from a seller called Super toys n games or somethibg like that. They are the people you want to buy used games from I promise you. Cheap game, comes with case, game works awesome ive had no issues
on June 20, 2017
It came all scratch up, did not work.......
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.