Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 386 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 846 reviews
on January 18, 2016
I am currently playing this game for the 3rd time through. I first bought this game for the regular Wii system and now I'm playing it on the WiiU. I feel like my only complaint about this game is that it truly isn't really a "2 player" game. Yes, you can play with 2 people but the second person gets short changed in my opinion as their only job in the whole game is to collect star bits and shoot. I suppose it would be better off your playing alone rather than as a pair but otherwise still a very fun game to play.
on February 8, 2016
Santa brought this for my 4 year old son for Christmas and he absolutely loves it. (Truth be told, so do I.) We have spent many hours playing this game in the last month and a half. It is probably more appropriate for somewhat older children, maybe a minimum of 7 or 8 years old. There are a lot of things that my son is not able to do, so I end up doing them instead. There are also some things that he finds a little bit scary, like a witch throwing fire balls at Mario, so I end up playing when it gets too scary. The whole point of the game is that Mario goes to different planets where there are usually enemies that the player must figure out how to defeat or some other puzzle or obstacle course to negotiate. After Mario successfully navigates all of the planets in a galaxy, he receives a star as his reward.
on April 26, 2015
This game not only breaks ground but proves more fun and fulfilling a 3D Mario title than ever before. There's something enchanting about the whole space station setting and the liberation of choosing which galaxy you will explore next and the world diversity combined with the unique gravity physics make for some very enthralling adventures. The motion controls are minimal and easy to grasp while also proving fun to use especially for the mostly optional star piece collection. There's also an interesting story which introduces new characters centrifugal to the Mushroom Kingdom nexus told subtly through unlockable chapters in the game's library. Perhaps best of all, the objective based gameplay makes Galaxy enjoyable for anywhere from minutes to hours. This is my second time playing the game in several years and I'm happier than ever for doing so. If you're a Wii owner, due yourself a favor and give Super Mario Galaxy the attention it implores.
on September 21, 2014
First off let me say that I didn't like this game. I guess I'm just too old school to appreciate new innovative games and ideas. I like Mario games similar to SM64 with big levels and variety. Mario Galaxy was the exact opposite with small similar space based levels. I also prefer the old controllers over the motion sensitive ones. I don't want to wave my arms about just to play a video game. Anyway don't let it be said I don't have an open mind. Being a long time Nintendo fan I wanted to give it a try and even though I didn't care for it I do think it's a great innovative game for those that like new experiences. As are all Nintendo's games it was very polished. The graphics were beautiful and control was spot on. Nintendo spent a lot time on getting it perfect and they succeeded. Even though it wasn't the kind of Mario game I was hoping for it certainly deserves five stars.
on June 5, 2012
So I am a little late to Super Mario Galaxy. I just picked this up and had a chance to play through the game. It was amazing and kept me entertained.

Story: While the story of Mario having to save the princess is not original by any means, in this game, Bowser has taken her to the stars and you must take back enough Power Stars (lumas) from the enemy in order to power your ship. That is the only way you can travel to where Bowser has taken princess Peach. You are guided by Rosalina and she tells you a story throughout the game on stars called lumas by reading a storybook.

Gameplay: This plays out a lot like Super Mario 64. You explore different galaxies and each one has muliple planets. On each planet, you can obtain several stars. You select which star you are going for and the level is setup for you for that star. There are hidden stars and special stars you get from a comet being in orbit around the planet. The comets make you play the level with a handicap such as having to race mirror Mario, only 1 hit, fast foes, time limit, etc. Gravity plays a big part of this game. In some platforms you can move to any side including the bottom. Mario will be upside down and controls can get a little tricky like this. During the game, you will encounter planets that let you race on a manti-ray, explore underwater, and other themed planets such as fire, ice, water, etc. Some special items you can get during the game include items that morph mario into a bee, a ghost, turn him to fire mario, ice mario, and even flying mario. You collect star bits during the game that help you open up new areas by feeding them to the lumas that will transform into special items or planets.

Conclusion: This game will keep you hooked. All of the levels (galaxies) are a blast. What's nice is that you can choose to try difficult levels or just skip them. You don't have to get all the stars in the game to beat it. If you want a challenge, the game does offer that and it is a blast to try and get ever star in the game. If you stick around past the ending, you get the purple comet that lets you explore every galaxy again trying to get the 100 purple coins for another star. I would recommend this game to anyone whatever age they can figure out how to use a wii controller with the nunchuk.
on July 12, 2017
Love this game! The price was right, not too steep. It's a fun multi-player game. Be sure to get a nunchuck though!
on March 7, 2013
The first time I played this game, I felt my mind grow.
I play lots of video games, and you get certain mental paradigms engrained in your brain. You judge games by how well they implemented their paradigm of choice.
This game was ground breaking!
It shattered my mental paradigms, and expanded my mind.

I love it, and I even love replaying it.

If you haven't seen a trailer of this game, it essentially is a gravity puzzler. You run around from tiny planet to tiny planet, and gravity plays a huge role. It isn't quite gravity as we know it (because the objects are usually fixed in place, so their gravity doesn't affect one another), but you are affected by their gravity (though you have to pretend each planet has an incredibly dense core for the gravity to make sense).

...the one critique I have is that this is branded as a multi-player game. It is not multi-player. A 2nd player can join in to move a cursor around your screen to either collect stars, or just irritate you. So it is definitely a single-player game, where a spectator can join in and perform 1 single simplistic task over and over.
on March 22, 2017
Never got a chance to play this game when it came out, and boy am I glad I decided to give it a try now. The game works flawlessly, and visuals are guaranteed to bring a smile to your face, such a fun game.
I purchased my copy from WareHouse Deals.
on June 11, 2017
Super Mario Galaxy for Nintendo Wii! For me is A great game full of challenges just hard enough to rage quit but to fun to stop playing!
on April 22, 2017
I got this from a seller called Super toys n games or somethibg like that. They are the people you want to buy used games from I promise you. Cheap game, comes with case, game works awesome ive had no issues

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.