Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Super Paper Mario (Nintendo Selects)
Format: Video Game|Change

on January 2, 2016
Love the zany winking at the camera humor here. It's full of self referential, parody. It even makes the bold move of mocking a strong portion of the fan base with a certain "hi-technical" lizard. But underneath all that lies a pretty good problem solving Game with slight RPG elements. It borrows a page from the Metroid playbook in that it gives you a toolbox of tools to solve problems in the form of companions named Pixels as well as character specific abilities in the cadre of teammates you assemble. On top of this it contains traditional Mario platformer elements such as stomping on goombas etc... By the way during the very start of the game a dialogue occurs where Mario is asked to save the day, and you can actually respond "nah I don't feel like it" which I found so amusing I continued to select this option even after being re-asked two more times. Well guess what, three being a sort of magic number, the game over screen appears. No big deal right? Wrong, you have to sit through the 8 minute opening sequence again with no option to skip it. Don't be an jerk like me just accept when They ask you to save the day.
on April 24, 2014
I love the story line and the music is great as well. The art is different in each level so if you don't like one particular style you aren't stuck with it for the whole game. Peach is actually taking responsibility and although I'm not usually a Peach fan...she's awesome in this game. She should be like this all the time. In addition, Bowser is on your team eventually and is awesome/super useful. The text commentary throughout the game is hysterically funny and the villains are ones you'll love to hate. They ACTUALLY have some DEPTH to them (what a concept for a Mario game)! If I could give this game 6 stars I would! Granted, there were a few problems with the game but there is always room for improvement on games...every game based on personal preferences but I still really enjoyed playing and I liked how all the pixls got some use.
on January 26, 2013
This game is one of those rare gems that makes you fall in love with video gaming all over again. It's got that classic Mario platformer magic of course, but when you add to that the whole switching from 2d to 3d, as well as the RPG elements (leveling up, using your team members' specific skills, etc.), you get something totally unique and totally a blast to play. Even though I had watched some clips of gameplay, they really did nothing to prepare me for the thrill of not only constantly switching back and forth between dimensions, but also that *I* was in complete control of said switching, and that the switching really had a central impact on all gameplay elements, from jumping to enemies to discovery.
In addition, the game is challenging without being unfair, charming in its visual presentation, and satisfying to complete. IMHO, a must purchase for any game lover.
on October 23, 2017
Product arrived on time and was exactly as described. :)
on October 6, 2016
Super Paper Mario is a one of a kind game. I started out by renting it and actually did a rage quit for a while on the first boss level. After a while I bought the game and deleted my file. I started over when I was older and I understood it more. It had an amazing story with one of a kind gameplay. It was filled with hilarious twists and turns (some of it didn't really make sense but is was still fun) and a unexpected, sad, and happy ending. This is definitely a worthwhile game.
on April 9, 2013
I am a Mario fanatic. I love nearly all the super Mario bros games on all the different systems. However, this particular game I do not much care for. It's slow, the subtitles seem to me, to be never ending, and to boot it's just kind of boring to play. Obviously there are a lot of other people who feel differently. So don't only take my word.
on November 1, 2017
Super cool game, my 5 year old loves it!!
on June 17, 2013
My daughter and I love playing this game together. To be honest, she could play this game all day if I let her. I have yet to find a Mario game that I have not enjoyed since Nintendo came out when I was a younger girl!!!

My daughter would recommend it for other kids. While challenging, she still loves it (and she is 4).
on June 14, 2013
I am so glad I bought a Kindle Fire HD!! I have five grown children who still play video games. We started this hobby during the late `80s & `90s. I kept all of the kid's Nintendo consoles and recently purchased a WiiU. Thanks to Amazon, I am adding all kinds of games (like Super Paper Mario) to my own collection. My youngest son goes to NC State and comes home some weekends to play Mario with me :) It's great being able to find those games that bring back happy childhood memories again! Thanks Amazon!
on February 26, 2016
This took me some getting used to, switching between paper and regular, but once you get the hang of it, it's a pretty sweet game.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.