Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 55 reviews
on December 17, 2010
This book is a feast for the eyes and palate if you are starting to get into the smoothie kick like me. It will hook you. Absolutely beautiful close-up color photographs of almost every single one of these 50 tasty smoothies, all on colorful, thick, high-quality satin stock paper, with an extra-rigid heavy paper cover built to last (short of a hard cover). Besides the photographs, each page is in full color, and by that I mean there are no white pages in the book. All the print is on yummy pastel backgrounds (like the colors of different smoothies!), with contrasting colored borders across the top of each page containing the chapter titles and any quick notes about the particular drink.

The book is well laid out and easy to read with introductory "glossary" chapters on all the different fruits, vegetables, and binders (milk, peanut butter, yogurt, etc) and additives (such as protein powder) to put in your smoothies, with tips on preparation to fix a healthful drink. Chapters are arranged by health topics, like "Energy Elixirs," "Immune Boosters," "Weight Conscious," and there's even a section on smoothies for babies and kids. There is one drink recipe per page, and most all of them have only 4 or 5 ingredients which are centered and bolded on the page so they're easy to follow. Nutritional information is listed for each drink, including calories, fat, carbs, fiber, vitamins, minerals and more. The only thing not listed was sugars. However, I noticed compared to other smoothie books, these had the least amount of calories: most drinks in this book have under 200 per serving. The highest one I saw had 335 calories, and it contained chocolate milk, bananas, and almonds.

I have two other smoothie books, "Ultimate Smoothies" by Donna Rodnitzky and "Green Smoothie Recipies" by C. Elias (neither has any pictures). I have only recently got them, so I haven't tried any of their recipies, but many of them do sound wonderful to try. But right away I was enticed to try a couple of the smoothies from Super Smoothies (this review) just because of the delicious pictures! There are not many recipies here using vegetables; most are fruit based, but there are some listed which contain tomatoes, red bell peppers, raw beets, and carrot juice. Ones I tried were: "Cold Flash" (apricot/peach based); "Beta Boost" (mango/carrot/strawberry/red bell pepper based); and "Forever Young" (cherry/cranberry/blueberry based). All were super simple to make, delectable, and will have me running back to the blender for more!

Who doesn't like smoothies? They're so good, even if you botch the mixture a bit. If you're not an old pro and are just testing the waters, this is the book to start with. Super Smoothies will keep you intrigued and satisfied so you stick with your new smoothie habit.
on June 17, 2012
A 50 or 52 deck--does not matter--pictures are worth a 1,000 hunger pains!! This e-book is simple and nicely laid out. Each recipe has a corresponding photo and just makes the reader want to go out to the grocery store immediately, buy the fruit and just blend, blend, blend......that is if the fruit is not eaten prior to blending. There is a recipe for all types of tastes!!! I would definitely recommend purchasing this e-book.
on August 18, 2001
I really can't complain about the content of this book, I find most of the smoothies to be yummy and refreshing. However, I wanted one smoothie book to use with my blender and this isn't the only book I ended up getting. Plus, I've had this book for only about three months and I'm already getting tired of thumbing through it and seeing the same stuff. I really wish I had purchased a book that focused more on the quantity of recipes and less on the pictures of the recipes it did contain within (as this book does). I ended up purchasing Smoothies, Shakes & Frappes ISBN 1579121721 for about half the price and, with no disrespect to these authors, found this to be a better choice if it really is quantity of smoothie and shake recipes you are looking for.
on June 5, 2014
I know a lot of the recipes in this book calls for bananas, but if you're not a fan, you can ALWAYS substitute! As a nurse,
I was always told eating to many bananas can be toxic( to much potassium), but there's SO many other fruits you can
use instead! Thanks seller/God bless!
on January 1, 2013
excellent service, fast, reliable , right on time, thank you I would recommend this seller to all who are interested
A Christmas Carol is a an all time family favorite, bought for both our daughters who are living on their own for Christmas this year, we gladly got it for her as they both love making smoothies ... very satisfied with your product and service
on January 13, 2003
I got a smoothie machine for Xmas and decided to pull out this book I had purchased a few years ago. I have NO complaints. The smoothies I have tried are delicious and I have lost 10 pounds (need I say more). I use them as a meal replacement and am full and satisfied. I even cut down on some snacks so I can have a smoothie instead!! The recipes are easy, and you can substitute canned fruits and make other substitutions (milk and canned peaches instead of peach yogurt) and it still tastes great! Many of the recipes use the same fruits over so I just buy some bags of frozen fruit from the store and I am good to go for a few recipes. Great for those wishing to lose a few pounds or up their nutrition.
on March 20, 2013
I was a little disappointed in the recipes in this book. I have a smoothie every day and was hoping for some healthy and creative recipes, but these missed the mark. Although I did get some ideas to make new smoothies, I didn't use any of the recipes. I've found better recipes online for free.
on July 28, 2014
a GREAT smoothie book for a novice with a hand blender or even for a pro with a NUTRIblast.
smoothies for kids, women, men - hangovers, workout recovery - hormones...
EVERYTHING!
on June 29, 2012
Okay, so, I am cooking challenged and cannot even make a decent smoothie although I have tried numerous times. A girlfriend of mine owned this book and after flipping through hers, I bought my own and I am very, very happy I did. The smoothies are honestly declicious and easy enough for anyone to make.
on September 1, 2015
This was gifted. My friend believe that it provides the best smoothie recipes.