Super Sweep 18-Inch Palmyra Broom
|Price:||$36.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Lightweight aluminum pole and plate are welded together and will never rust
- Unique welded design makes it virtually indestructible and weld is guaranteed for life
- Unsurpassed in durability and strength, and is proudly manufactured in the usa
- Natural medium-duty bristle fiber that is water resistant
- Ideal for wet or dry surfaces such as driveways, garages and patios
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I immediately ran into the problem that you have to assemble it by driving four wood screws to connect the handle with the broom. This is surprisingly difficult since the handle is angled and the screws provided are not slotted -- you need a 1/4" socket with either a ratchet or power tool to drive the screws. At least the holes are pre-drilled which helps a lot if you are trying to assemble this with just two hands. The two inner screws might be hard to install if your socket and driver are not long and narrow enough to clear the bracket.
The handle is very light but the broom end feels very heavy. Pushing it on a rough surface is something of a workout.
For a quick description - see my photos, or read on.
I ordered a black poly and maroon poly 36" (based purely on what was available at the time). One broom arrived with polystyrene packing in the box, the other was lose in a box (and missing its hardware). The 36" version consists of a standard 36" head that has two holes in which you would screw a traditional broom handle. On this head were two crudely drawn pencil lines, and 4 drilled holes. The idea being you take the supplied welded head, line it up with the pencil lines, and screw through the holes to hold it all in place. The plate doesn't cover all of the hole for the traditional mount.
Now, don't get me wrong, the brush serves its purpose. It doesn't *need* to look good, but I did get the feeling I'd been cheated a little. It looked like a "Made in China" brush, and I was disappointed this US made brush was not not refined. The weld was strong, but obviously not done by anyone who had done more than a basic introductory welding course.
Pictures speak a thousand words, so look at my uploaded shots. Again, it works. It doesn't need to be better, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be better if it is going to proudly claim "Made in the USA"
1. The maroon poly bristles were a bad choice by me. It's very hard to push on anything but super smooth concrete (garage floor) or blacktop. It totally stops and needs serious effort to push across driveway concrete.
2. Maroon Poly it lets thru too much of the finer dirt. It's great for "plowing" bigger stuff like rocks, leaves, pine needles, wood chips. Anything finer requires short, repetitive, strokes. Would be great surrounding softer inner bristles.
3. The broom is too head heavy. 98% is in the wood head and bristles. Awkward to lift and repeat in quick fashion which most of us do with push brooms.
4. Handle is too smooth and too small of diameter and frankly too rigid. This thing does not flex at all and every drop of broomhead on surface chatters back into your arms. The endcap is hard plastic and looks like it came off a 70's schwinn bicycle. Removed, wrapped mine in friction tape and made a hockey stick style ball end for easier pushing with my palm.
The handle and broom do seem indestructible. Handle does not flex, thick baseplate and welds, simple design. Would be a great broom for plowing heavy stuff where other brooms will twist or snap. The broom head can be easily removed and replaced.
I should have bought the softer grey flagged bristles and maybe 24" to solve my main problems with this broom.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Perfect for getting the light dust off the floor. Happy with purchase.Published 17 days ago by Allboutme
Very heavy duty frame, well made, so e assembly required but its very basic attaching broom to push frame, thats great feature though because you have a more solid broom mounting... Read morePublished 4 months ago by blake wahl
Excellent product. Had to pre-drill holes as the ones provided were wrong spacing. Seems this could be worked out beforehand with the price of item!Published 5 months ago by michael j. griffin
Excellent broom! The finer bristles on this broom allow for sweeping up the fine dust that blows into the shop from outside. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Evan V.
I'm very glad i talked the boss into getting the shop some of these brooms (24" and a 30" Gray Flagged). We have smooth concrete and have a lot of grindings and dust. Read morePublished 9 months ago by N. Lorenzoni