From the Back Cover
Edit your genes to live disease free
Find a parking space with your Internet-connected brain!
Advances in longevity, genetics, nanotech, and robotics will make all this
possible very soon.
This is not science fiction. This is your future. Right now, pioneering scientists
and technologists are transforming what it means to be human by overcoming
biological limits that have existed since our ancestors swung out of the
trees...and into the suburbs. With incredible inspiration and perseverance, these
visionaries are solving deep problems of human health and longevity--and their
progress is accelerating. Super You takes you inside their labs, companies, and
minds... to show how you will reap the benefits of a stronger, longer, better, life.
You'll learn how to start hacking your life today, to become more super, every
day. Discover what's possible when yesterday's human limits are gone! (And find that
parking space, too.)
* Learn how evolution became obsolete--and why it's time to start hacking
* Save your life, with whirring "jet engine" hearts, printed organs, and other
* Rewire and turbo-boost your ape brain
* Become a megamind by connecting your brain directly to the Internet to
use Google's synthetic neocortex
* Become superhuman with cyborg technology
* Design and mold your looks (and see what happens when you can)
* Genetically engineer your baby to be a tennis star (and other true stories)
* Prepare for the political and religious backlash against the future
* Discover how scientists will make death obsolete by treating it like a
curable disease--and how to live until they do
About the Author
G4TechTV's syndicated Call for Help with Leo Laporte, and was executive editor of
the pioneering digital lifestyle magazine Dig_iT.
Kay Walker is a leading life
hacker who teaches how to overcome neurological limits at
Sean Carruthers has written, podcasted, and
broadcasted about technology for nearly 20 years. As custom video manager for
The Canadian Press' PageMasters, he has produced 10,000 videos.