Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 61 reviews
on September 10, 2012
i think the title may turn some people off, but this was one of the best parenting books that really shaped how we raised our two babies/toddlers. we don't follow everything in the book, but the emphasis on reading and no screen time has made a valuable impact in our lives. We completely turned off the tv (literally, we don't even get local channels) and it has been one of the best decisions we ever made. Even if you don't follow all of her recommendations or don't go to that extreme, anyone can find this book very helpful. It will also give you a reason not to follow what you see as mainstream. Recommend to any new parents looking for direction and the WHYS behind making some of those decisions. I refer to her recommended reading list often and have gotten some great book gems from there.
on April 17, 2013
Great googly-moogly, this book is EXHAUSTING.

Don't get me wrong, Superbaby is essentially excellent, and if nothing else, I have to give my stamp of approval any baby book that endorses the Signing Time series, but lordy, the sheer volume of to-do lists and mandates is overwhelming. Everything that Superbaby suggests that I didn't do with my first kid, I'll probably do with my second. Berman is incredibly smart and capable, and although her approach is a bit intimidating, you have to admit that she's like that friend of yours who does everything better than you. You hate her a little, but you also admire her energy.

That said, this book is so overfull of ideas and information that it's grueling to slog through. This is a book for Type-A personalities (and I must admit I probably count myself among this population) who view their children as projects as much as people. It's all facts in a hurry, and sometimes I wish she'd encourage her readers to take a breath and relax a little.

First-time moms, take what you can from this, and then remember that maternal instinct and sheer love count for a lot, even if you don't get all the details right every single second.

Good luck!
on September 1, 2016
This book has been my go-to guide on maximizing my little one's brain development. All of it is practical and none of it is stressful on parents or the baby. Some of it is redundant from reading so many other books on this subject, but this book hits on a lot more different concepts than others. It is definitely a must read for every parent. I refer back to it every few months to make sure I am on track because little one's sure do grow fast this book accounts for the different stages of development.
on March 21, 2014
This book has current information on brain development of children and how important it is not to just put babies and young ones in front of a computer, ipad or tv. I am a speech therapist and all of her information on language development is so spot on and very easy to understand. She give you very specific techniques to do with your baby to help them develop to their potential. I would highly recommend this book and I wish it had been written when I was working as I would of suggested it to every parent of a preschooler I worked with.
on March 11, 2015
A good solid read. This book provided lots of solid tips on important issues ranging from the importance of sign language to all important topics concerning your baby. I would only caution that in certain claims and assertions that she makes, she does not provide solid evidence in her claims. For example she rails against GMOs when the science has shown them to be completely safe. She exaggerates certain claims in which the consensus among scientists might not be in her favor. Saying this, it was a good read and I am glad I read it. I learned a lot that I would not have otherwise learned.
on May 16, 2013
I am a long-time reader and listener of Dr. Jenn. She is direct and blunt, and backed by solid research. This book is the perfect balance between resource facts and fun. She manages to educate the reader while still offering an interesting read. Unlike other "parenting books" this gives you a broad spectrum of things to try at home to help make having baby around more enjoyable.
on September 21, 2014
If you only read ONE book to prepare for baby. This one should be it. Reader friendly. I give this as a present for all my baby shower gifts as the information on how to encourage natural development and decrease your child's exposure to toxins is soooo important to know.
on April 14, 2015
So far so good. I haven't completely finished the book yet but what I have read so far makes sense.
on February 27, 2016
This book has been so helpful bringing out baby home. It has so many excellent tips and covers a lot of ground. I would definitely recommend this for new parents that want more of an over view on different topics.
on April 15, 2015
I gave this book to my granddaughter who had here baby last fall.