Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by NERD STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 6, 2016
The book has lots of great information for the year 2006. I did not realize the book was 10 years old. There has been many advancements in health and wellness since 2006 and so at times in the book, the information is old. Great recipes and advice on living a healthy lifestyle inside though.
on July 7, 2015
Great Overall Health Book! I like this book better than Super Immunity which I also read because it is more balanced. My husband and I will not become vegans or vegetarians so this book is a better source for us than Super Immunity. Dr. Pratt just makes a lot of sense without the extreme.
on December 24, 2016
Another title I can't remember purchasing
on March 11, 2012
Think nutritional value, exercise, antioxidants and whole foods. His books are written to inform and inspire a healthy "HealthStyle." All books contain recipes. This book and Dr. Pratt's other books are all wonderful to read and to keep handy for a reference. They have provided the incentive I needed to make the most of the foods I eat and to inspire me to exercise. I like knowing what the "SuperFoods" are and their Sidekicks." I purchased all four books for my twin sister as well. The Superfoods Rx Diet: Lose Weight with the Power of SuperNutrientsSuperHealth: 6 Simple Steps, 6 Easy Weeks, 1 Longer, Healthier LifeSuperFoods Rx: Fourteen Foods That Will Change Your Life
on September 15, 2007
My doctor recently diagnosed me with diabetes in addition to my longstanding problem of high cholesterol and high triglycerides, which was also affecting my liver. I was quite overweight but didn't really care until that point - there's always tomorrow to lose it, right? He put me on a cholesterol and triglyceride lowering medicine and told me I needed to lose weight. This time I took him seriously, and I also read SuperFoods Rx and SuperFoods Healthstyle. I started exercising (walking) and eating healthy by following these two books' recommendations. So far I've lost 31 pounds without feeling deprived or going on some weird diet. I feel great, my diabetes is well controlled, and my cholesterol, triglycerides and liver function are in terrific shape now. The Super Foods have found a permanent place in my diet, and exercise a permanent place in my lifestyle. Thanks to these two books I believe I've saved my life and will enjoy better health over the long term. I've sent them to my brother to help him make the changes he needs for the same reasons. I highly recommend SuperFoods Rx and SuperFoods Healthstyle!
on May 4, 2008
Several months ago I purchased this book along with "Joy Bauer's Food Cures" and "What Color is Your Diet" by David Heber. I found that "SuperFoods HealthStyle" was by far the best choice of the three. It is well organized, gave clear information about the benefits (or drawbacks) of various foods, and gave suggestions that made it easy to incorporate the desired foods in my diet. The book also includes other, non dietary, information (such as exercise) to improve your health. If you, like myself, have an interest in improving your diet, "SuperFoods HealthStyle" will give you the resources to make numerous positive changes. This book has changed my diet, and therefore my life, for the better.
on February 9, 2015
Informative
on November 11, 2008
This is an excellent book. It is well organized, giving great information about the 25+ superfoods, as well as giving great alternatives for each food. Whatever you may think about the list (allergies, etc.) you have to admit that we are all better off knowing that food can be a great cure. We need to know the benefits of food so we can stop relying so much on medications. This book is a great start and everyone reading has to admit that we'd be better off eating the foods in this book than the diets we currently eat! I guess I'm just saying that I appreciate how the author frames the food as a matter of health, since we hear more about pleasure and convenience these days.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2007
Dr. Pratt's latest book combines his previous recommendations from the "Famous Fourteen" SuperFoods with additional comments, tips and advice on other aspects of healthy living, including mental, emotional and spiritual, as well as physical, items. The book is well-written, easily understood, and full of both ideas and recipes (many of which I have cooked up over the last few months). The most outstanding new finding is the dark chocolate is GOOD FOR YOU! Interestingly, the U.S.Navy and Marine Corps have incorporated many of Dr. Pratt's recommendations into their standard operational menus. Very highly recommended!!
on January 3, 2013
Book was exactly what we needed to read. The information was great. The food recommendations are usable. Some of the ideas are too time consuming.