Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Supergirl
Format: DVD|Change

on November 6, 2017
Supergirl's storyline is silly and below par. Although Helen Slater, Faye Dunaway, Peter O'Toole, and Brenda Vaccaro are watchable, the movie could have (and should have) been a lot better. Some unintentional laughs keeps it from being worse.
on September 28, 2017
Its a great movie. I recommend
on November 19, 2017
Great product, fast shipping!
on July 30, 2016
Have been looking for this movie for years and am glad I finally found it. I like the director's cut of this movie more than the original. It helps me to understand it more and has more to offer. Was very happy to receive this after I ordered it. Was just what seller described it. Would be happy to order from this seller again. Came fast and had no problems.
on September 14, 2015
The movie works good but the box came a little damaged but not bad enough to where I can't ignore it. I normally would have exchanged it anyways but didn't want to go through the trouble at this time.
review image
on February 1, 2012
I give this 3 stars because it is not the best. I do how ever recommend it to collectors of Superhero films and any who collect Superman to complete thier collections.
I find that I do enjoy it and it is fun. My daughters loved when they were young. I must have watched this movie 50 times at least over the years.
It is obvious that the Salkinds lost thier way with this tale and it needed better writing. The actors as much as they get ridiculed did a fine job. I think the production was lost between serious and camp and did not know which way to turn.
The commentary with the director is fun and infomative I recommend you watch it at least once with it. Great price and really not as bad as some say.
on August 15, 2000
This is one of the best Anchor Bay DVD releases to date!
A lot of tender loving care went into this release and it shows! The two different DVD menus on the discs are really well done and fun to look at. The 'Director's Cut' version of the film really fleshes out the characters more and adds a lot to the film.
An all-star cast, and a fun superhero movie make this one a great film to pull out for the family, or fans of the 'old-school' innocent and heroic type superhero (non-dark & brooding types like Spawn, etc).
The amount of information and features in this package is phenomenal! The entire hour long making of Supergirl was a joy to watch. Brand new cast bios and tons of trailers, T.V. Spots, etc. give you everything you want to know about the film.
Sure it wasn't financially successful, and the story is a little weaker than the early Superman films (the arch enemy and Supergirl fought over a guy...where Superman fought Lex Luthor over his Nukes!), but it is a fun movie and welcome entertainment.
I was brought up on Superman, Rocky, and Star Wars movies. It's always great to see them again, and I am really happy with this new cut of the film.
Worth the price, this Anchor Bay DVD is another one I am proud to have on my shelf sitting next to their other Limited Edition DVDs.
on August 6, 2013
Although we never really find out what that mystical ball supergirl was after (which fell into the wrong hands) does, Its pretty safe to say it doesn't give any acting powers. Although in the actors and actresses defence, theres hardly anything in the movie to act on. The main villainess bent on world domination spending the entire movie fighting for a young man like a teenager, really? Perhaps now they could redo this movie only adding a plot and actors. It did have sex appeal though.
on August 19, 2015
Well, I do love Supergirl and really loved it as a kid. This movie is really not up to par though. there is no story tying it together and watching it again as an adult was pretty disappointing. I hope they can give justice to this character some other way.
on September 7, 2014
Not quite as bad as a lot of other reviewers have said... But it's still pretty ridiculous. It needed a much more extensive rewrite to be viable. Helen Slater is not bad in her role, and Faye Dunaway is giving her all as the villain. But there are just so many plotholes in this story that I'm surprised it didn't get sucked into the Phantom Zone itself.