Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Superlux HD-681 EVO (Black)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- HD681 EVO meet the requirements of stage and studio professionals, who also loved listening Philharmonic grade headphones.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Superlux HD-681 EVO (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||Brand Name Beat||StagePrime||StagePrime||Crazy Deals LLC||Amazon.com||Elis Surplus Inc|
|Item Dimensions||9.49 x 9.49 x 5 in||7.4 x 4.17 x 7.87 in||7.36 x 4.21 x 7.87 in||12 x 12 x 12 in||9.2 x 9.3 x 3.5 in||4.33 x 6.69 x 7.48 in|
|Item Weight||0.61 lb||7.8 ounces||4 ounces||6.72 ounces||1.08 lbs||0.66 lb|
|Additional Features||The cushion is soft and warm, the warmth primarily comes from the fact that the earpiece envelopes my ear without any breathing room for ventilation. - See more at: http://thoughtbubbs.blogspot.com/2013/08/review-superlux-hd-681-evo-professional.html#sthash.GyD9xKIb.dpuf, The semi-open earpiece is large enough to fit my ears without any trouble. - See more at: http://thoughtbubbs.blogspot.com/2013/08/review-superlux-hd-681-evo-professional.html#sthash.GyD9xKIb.dpuf||ios-phone-control||Noise Cancellation||lightweight||foldable||50mm neodymium Drivers Deliver Full Spectrum of Sound, 3m cable gives you freedom of movement for indoor use|
Selling models HD681 headphones are high cost, with rich bass and crystal clear high resolution and accurate sound field positioning. Its upgraded version HD681 EVO has a new shape, and the continuation of the first generation HD681 sounds descent, but more slender treble performance.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Sounds fantastic after taking out the inner black felt, which makes the highs and mids crystal clear. However, it might be a little bit too high unless there's a period of burn in. I've also opted to replace the felt with eye glass cleaning fabric, though not necessary to filter out the highs a little bit.
2) I love the detachable wire where many times I've accidentally pulled on the wire. Because wire is detachable, it prevented damage to the headset. For this reason alone, I would pick this superlux over any other brand. I've head expensive Sennenhser (spelling) before, and it broke.
3) The headband is a bit over tight for my head, but fortunately, I can carefully expand the two metal bands ontop.
4) After stretching the metal bands to best fit, the extra velour pads made the headset extremely comfortable.
5) For geeks out there, the headset is designed so that it won't press against your glasses!
6) I can listen to youtube videos for many hours without pain on my head.
7) You can easily wash off hair grease that has accumulated by washing the top headband with soap. Again, very well thought out!
Over all, this is an excellent pair of headset. I would pay more to get this model than any other model, and after the burn it, I don't think it makes any sense to buy any other models, even those that are more expensive. This headset doesn't need an amp, but with an amp, I can't imagine any headset that can best this by much if any, and certainly not at this price range. This headset is very airy. Lastly, I love the natural sound from this headset.
Superbly done Superlex. I look forward to your closed design and / or design with noise reduction. It paid off big time after surfing a few days in the forum to look for the best headset that's worth way more other brands. Aside from the superb sound quality after the above mod, I value a sturdy design! Thank you to the designer and engineers at SuperLux. =)
First thing to do when you get these is to pull off the fake leather ear pads and the foam protectors under it. Glued onto the individual speakers are a felt pad. Rip them off as best you can. Then put the included velvet pads back on and slide the foam through the center. Give the headphones some time and once they're broken in you've got fantastic sound quality.
After two and a half months of ownership, my left speaker cut out. After full disassembly, I discovered that the ground wire from the left speaker to the headphone port had broken off inside the speaker. I ended up pulling the wire out completely and soldering in a replacement - this one a thicker gauge and solid core in hopes it wouldn't break so easily. Once done and reassembled, sound quality was back to the best this price can get.
So yeah, you'll need to work on these to get the most out of them. If you just want something that'll work without having to fiddle with it, look elsewhere.
If you are looking for the best sounding, cheap headphones, these are a good choice.
Now listen, these headphones do have a downside, and that is the comfort. The superlux is EXTREMELY shallow and WILL hurt your ears. I had to stuff cotton in-between the drivers and the cushion to give it some thickness.
The other downside is that they eventually make you yearn for more. If these sound so good, I wonder what more expensive headphones sound like.... For example, the bass on these is there but it doesn't vibrate your head or really make you feel like an explosion is going off next to you.
In conclusion, if you are looking for cheap headphones that have an amazing soundstage and something to give you a taste of what the big dog headphones are like these are a good choice. Just be aware you have to modify the headphone cushions or get a thicker pair. The stock pads are just too shallow.
Most recent customer reviews