Superlux HD-681 EVO (Black)
- HD681 EVO meet the requirements of stage and studio professionals, who also loved listening Philharmonic grade headphones.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ Style Over the Ear Professional Headphones - Black with microphone for Studio PC Apple Iphone iPod Android Smartphone Samsung Galaxy Tablets MP3
Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones
Audio-Technica ATH-M20x Professional Monitor Headphones
Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones
Audio Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Headphones
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$5.26||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Creative Labs, Inc.||Amazon.com||PacificTech||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||9.49 x 9.49 x 5 in||9.2 x 9.3 x 3.5 in||4.02 x 7.48 x 10 in||10 x 11.4 x 4.1 in||9.15 x 3.94 x 8.07 in||5 x 11 x 88 in|
|Item Weight||0.61 lb||1.08 ounces||6.4 ounces||6.7 ounces||1.42 lbs||0.58 lb|
|Special Features||The cushion is soft and warm, the warmth primarily comes from the fact that the earpiece envelopes my ear without any breathing room for ventilation. - See more at: http://thoughtbubbs.blogspot.com/2013/08/review-superlux-hd-681-evo-professional.html#sthash.GyD9xKIb.dpuf, The semi-open earpiece is large enough to fit my ears without any trouble. - See more at: http://thoughtbubbs.blogspot.com/2013/08/review-superlux-hd-681-evo-professional.html#sthash.GyD9xKIb.dpuf||foldable||lightweight||Output Sound Pressure Level 96Db/Mw||lightweight, tangle-free-cord||lightweight|
Selling models HD681 headphones are high cost, with rich bass and crystal clear high resolution and accurate sound field positioning. Its upgraded version HD681 EVO has a new shape, and the continuation of the first generation HD681 sounds descent, but more slender treble performance.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
-Headphones [With pleather pads]
-Pair of velour pads
-A meter length cable
-A 3 meter length cable
-A 3.5mm to 6.35 converter jack
Looks great! The outside has a shiny black/ matte finish. Some parts look a little bit cheap, but hey - for less than $40 this is ridiculously good.
I do not know if this is standard for everyone, but my headphones came with an extra pair of velour pads. Those are really comfortable, but I found them to be somewhat scratchy after wearing them for several hours.
The top headband is an interesting design. It is one piece of adjustable material, with soft air filled pads placed in the middle. It is surprisingly comfortable and I can barely feel them.
The cables are nice and thick. Not very portable, but they feel a lot more sturdy than most other cables I've seen.
After burning in these headphones for over 40 hours, I feel like I can make an accurate judgment.
Although the HD681 Evo's are described as open headphones, they are closer to being closed than open. They leak very little sound, but have enough "openness" to have a great sound stage. You could use them in a public setting based on this, but I feel like they are too big to actually be portable.
The bass is definitely there. Nice and tight, but a little bit overpowering (nothing that can't be fixed with an equalizer).
The mids are somewhat lacking. If you look at the frequency response graphs, there is a bad dip around 4k.
The highs are what really took one star off this review. Without any changes to the original headphones, the highs were quite muffled. To fix this, I followed a popular advice and took out the outer felt. This did clear up the highs somewhat, but the highs then became too sibilant. I am really hoping that some more burning in will clear it up a little, but this is probably me being too hopeful.
All in all, this is a pair of really good cans for their price.
1) Sounds fantastic after taking out the inner black felt, which makes the highs and mids crystal clear. However, it might be a little bit too high unless there's a period of burn in. I've also opted to replace the felt with eye glass cleaning fabric, though not necessary to filter out the highs a little bit.
2) I love the detachable wire where many times I've accidentally pulled on the wire. Because wire is detachable, it prevented damage to the headset. For this reason alone, I would pick this superlux over any other brand. I've head expensive Sennenhser (spelling) before, and it broke.
3) The headband is a bit over tight for my head, but fortunately, I can carefully expand the two metal bands ontop.
4) After stretching the metal bands to best fit, the extra velour pads made the headset extremely comfortable.
5) For geeks out there, the headset is designed so that it won't press against your glasses!
6) I can listen to youtube videos for many hours without pain on my head.
7) You can easily wash off hair grease that has accumulated by washing the top headband with soap. Again, very well thought out!
Over all, this is an excellent pair of headset. I would pay more to get this model than any other model, and after the burn it, I don't think it makes any sense to buy any other models, even those that are more expensive. This headset doesn't need an amp, but with an amp, I can't imagine any headset that can best this by much if any, and certainly not at this price range. This headset is very airy. Lastly, I love the natural sound from this headset.
Superbly done Superlex. I look forward to your closed design and / or design with noise reduction. It paid off big time after surfing a few days in the forum to look for the best headset that's worth way more other brands. Aside from the superb sound quality after the above mod, I value a sturdy design! Thank you to the designer and engineers at SuperLux. =)