- Get free shipping on this item when you spend $49.00 or more on Qualifying items offered by Petco. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Green Pet Aspen Supreme Pellets Pet & Bird All Natural Litter & Bedding
|Sale:||$23.08 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Offers superior absorbency and odor control
- Works as bird cage litter or small animal bedding for ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs and more
- Special blend of fresh aspen wood particles is 100% organic and biodegradable
- Absorbs ammonia, eliminate odors and maintains a fresh, natural aroma
- Resists mold growth
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Aspen Supreme uses a special blend of fresh aspen wood particles — a natural by-product of a renewable resource. It contains no cedar or pine and is non-toxic to birds. Aspen Supreme offers superior odor control and absorbency for small animals, birds and reptiles, and provides a drier environment. It can be used for ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, gerbils, chinchillas and similar small animals.
Size: 14.8 liters
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
So, why do I think this bedding is so terrible? Simply put, it made all of my rats ill. Within three days of changing the bedding, two of my rats developed several sores, numerous scabs and were scratching themselves frequently. When I started to pick them up, the winced and squeaked in pain. Emergency trip to the vet, Dr. Hagner* of Animal Health Center of Clifton Park, who is a five-star veterinarian, After examination, and lots of questions, things got narrowed down to the bedding. It was the only thing in their environment that had changed and the doctor could find no sign of parasites or other causes for the sores. He did give us a topical cream to fight infection and help heal the sores. The third rat in the cage is quite aged. She did not have sores on her back, maybe because her arthritis kept her from being able to scratch and she does a lot of lying around on the fleece beds. She did have one sore on a front paw, but her arthritis symptoms had shown a marked increase after the introduction of the pelletized aspen bedding. Needless to say, the cage was thoroughly cleaned and fresh Carefresh was put in.
I do not know what it is about the bedding that caused these problems. I doubt it is the aspen itself, but there might be some chemical compound used in the pelletization process that caused this. Maybe I got a bag out of a bad batch. I do know that I cannot recommend this to rat owners, if you are a rat owner and you want to try this, I advise you proceed with caution.
* If you live in the Albany, NY area, Dr. Andrew Hagner is wonderful with rats, other small animals and exotics. He sees dogs and cats as well, but is best known around here for his small/pocket pet expertise.