Surefire Backup Tactical Switch Dual Output LED Flashlight
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Two output levels — high of 200 lumen for maximum light, low of 5 lumens for extended runtime
- TIR lens produces tight beam with enough surround light for peripheral vision
- Two-way clip permits light to be carried bezel up or down
Find our Black Friday and everyday Tools and Home Improvement deals Learn more
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The EB1 Backup — an upgraded version of the original E1B Backup — is an extremely compact yet powerful dual-output flashlight that can be used as a backup light for patrol officers or a duty light for plainclothes officers. It's also ideal for outdoor, self-defense, and everyday-carry applications. The Backup features a virtually indestructible LED emitter and a precision Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens that create a far-reaching focused beam optimized for situational awareness. Tactical switch (no shroud) — Partially press tail cap pushbutton for momentary-on low output; press further for momentary-on high output. Release to turn light off. Twist tail cap clockwise for constant-on low then high output. The brilliant 200-lumen high output beam is ideal for identifying threats and overwhelming the sight of adversaries. The 5-lumen low output is perfect for reading a map, checking an ID, or navigating in low light with minimal degradation to your dark-adapted vision. The Backup can run at this level for 40 hours, a valuable feature for outdoor or emergency situations. A tough, lightweight Mil-Spec hard-anodized aluminum body protects the EB1 Backup’s sophisticated electronics, and its smooth contours minimize clothing snag and pressure points.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
-Twist on design is nice but weird
-Clip is very nice and slips onto the lip of my pocket and other items with ease
-First output is not really bright enough to be super useful
-Twist on design is weird but nice
-So far battery life seems reasonable
- One cell smooth body. While most people like tactically knurled bodies, I like this light for the simple fact that it’s easy to remove from the pocket. Great for a quick access everyday carry light.
- Tactical switch. I thought I would hate this kind of switch where you press lightly for low, press harder for high, and screw in the tail cap for constant handsfree light. But it’s great for tasks where you need quick bursts of light frequenly. Great for a bedside light or for working on things where you just need a squirt of light.
- Surefire quality
- Decent spill, just enough to light up the surroundings for seeing what’s going on in a wide area. This is a big change from previous Surefire TIR lights.
- Since it is a big one celled light, I wouldn’t recommend this as a “go to” EDC. I can EDC (everyday carry) this light but quite often, I may find a smaller light like the Nitecore SRT3 or Fenix PD22 as a better light to take with me for casual outings. Those lights are smaller/shorter and have more modes/levels.
- Tactical switch doesn’t tail stand of course, makes it a handheld only light
- Price! Pretty expensive for a one cell light without any features.
- Regulation could be better. This light loses brightness at a constant rate for the life of the battery.
- The TIR reflector has a good quality beam, but I’d like a more gradual transition between the spot and the spill like my other lights with orange peel regular reflectors. I just find that easier on the eyes. There is a slight bit of ringiness that is really only noticeable when you shine on a blank wall….so you wall hunters may not find this meets your dream “silky smooth beam” requirements.
So this light does what it’s intended for perfectly, as a backup tactical high powered light, but its size and lack of versatility as a EDC limits its usefulness as a general purpose light. So I think that it deserves four stars, knocked down from five for its price, and lack of flat regulation expected for a high end light.
Most recent customer reviews
Buy the click switch I bought 2 of them and had to return both, didn't work right, low mod didn't work.Read more
The first EB1T was the silver version from Bargain Ben and I would rate it...Read more
I use this as my edc.