SurfShelf Treadmill Desk: Laptop and iPad Holder
|Price:||$39.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Make exercise fun and get things done! Use your laptop, iPad or portable DVD player while you work out.
- Fits most treadmills, bikes and ellipticals... check with us if you have any questions regarding your machine. Works great with iPads & any other tablet too!
- 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE! Made of 100% super strong Polycarbonate and is fully adjustable.
- Watch online TV, DVDs, email, Facebook, play games, read blogs, Twitter - all while you lose weight!
- Easy to install and use (1-minute installation) and folds up to fit in your gym bag. Have fun!
Is your exercise machine compatible?View the Surf Shelf Buyer's Guide for additional product, compatibility, and set-up information.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Catch the TV shows you missed, watch DVDs, Facebook, email, Twitter or do some work, all while you get fit.
Daily exercise is essential for a happy & healthy life, but with our busy schedules it's hard to fit it in. Now you can! Do your morning emails on the treadmill & your workout is done!
Our customers are losing weight like crazy! You will too!
In addition to the reviews below, click on the "Sold by SurfShelf" link at the top by the pictures for 350+ more 5-STAR customer comments.
Super easy to install and made of 100% Polycarbonate (same stuff used to make bullet-proof glass) so it won't ever break. A Velcro strap holds your laptop tight.
Recently improved instructions make it even easier!
It's a great book holder too. One accessory for books, laptops and even iPads! The perfect gift!
100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE! If you are not completely satisfied with the SurfShelf, we'll give you a full refund. No questions.
Fits most all exercise machines. If you have any questions whether the SurfShelf will fit on your machine, simply contact us with your make and model and we will tell you exactly how it will fit. We'll respond the same day.
The SurfShelf is a must-have treadmill accessory. Your workouts will never be boring again!
NEW PRODUCTS ANNOUNCEMENT! Check out our new products THE SAFETY LOUNGERS and THE ZHIP here on Amazon!
The Safety Lounger is the only pillow stand for your tablet/eReader with protective bumpers to protect your device from falls. Great for the whole family! The Zhip is the only smartphone stand/holder with 3 feet of retractable zip cord to attach it to anything for hands-free viewing. In the gym, on the plane, in the car, in the kitchen... ANYWHERE!
100% Money Back Guarantee, no questions asked, no time limit.
Top Customer Reviews
1) The cost. It's too pricey for what you get, but I still would buy it again. So, I guess that point is debatable. It's basically a plastic tray with a velcro strap and a couple of nylon belts, but it does the job of holding your laptop VERY securely, which was very important to me. (**It's April 2010 now, and I came back to edit this portion of my review because I found out that the price I originally paid for the SurfShelf has been lowered by $20. I consider that to be a fair price and good value, and I wanted my review to reflect the change. I've had my SS for a year now, and still love it!)
2) Set up. The original set up took about 10 minutes, and was fairly simple. However, I absolutely would NEVER recommend this to someone who wanted to take it to a gym everyday. You'd have to lug the pieces with you, and spend 10 minutes or more getting it ready to accept your laptop, and that would be way too much for me. I leave mine set up on my treadmill, and then setting my laptop up on it is a one minute process every morning. Very do-able.
3) Maybe this is just me, because I'm not as young as I used to be (I'm 55), but I cannot do ANYTHING on my treadmill but WATCH something when I'm walking on it.Read more ›
I've been in gyms off and on for the past 15 years of my life. It gets REALLY boring and there aren't enough mp3's out there to provide variety. I've changed my workout, changed my song list, watched the gym televisions with headline news, read articles in magazines I would normally not pick up, and spent the entire workout flipping pages on a book or holding it open to actually read the book. Magazines are boring and books usually don't work very well on the treadmill (and I've never mastered the small text/high movement aspect of running-reading).
When I am using the SurfShelf, I DO NOT FEEL LIKE I AM EXERCISING. I feel like I am having fun! I have a skinny little toddler and he does not have an exercise routine, he moves because it is fun to move and he stays naturally skinny. Why do we as adults have to make working out so painful and boring when we can get a low-impact workout surfing the web for an hour and have a great time with it? Think of all the teens who use instant messenger! OMG! Why not use instant messenger while walking? I'm sure we could get a few World of Warcraft guys out there to get into it!Read more ›
Basically, it's a plastic shelf made of a sturdy 100% polycarbonate, "the same stuff used to make bullet-proof glass", designed to hold up to 15 pounds. It comes in two pieces with three straps (two 6" and one 5" with Velcro) and a bevy of instructions to help you attach it to your machine. One to two straps are used to attach it to the machine while the Velcro is used to secure the laptop in place on the shelf.
* Air vents to keep laptop cool
* See through panels to see console
* Adjustable angle
* Easy to remove and carry
It took longer to set up than I expected (about 20 plus minutes) but I have no doubt I could move it to another with no problem.
The Surf Shelf is designed to fit most machines "past and present" and while it does fit my machine, which is about eight years old, the essential controls are blocked. The instructions offered a work-around for this but my machine has an awkward console design. But I managed to develop my own work-around that I don't find overly inconvenient compared to the benefit of having this attachment.
It was surprisingly easy to walk and Twitter or check email or read an email book or watch a movie. Doing tasks is definitely easier during the warm up phase but I had no problem doing tasks like typing short messages and reading while moving a bit faster. I was expecting the shelf to bounce around a little but it hardly moved at all. Surf Shelf is also partnered with In-Gym.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was very precarious, unworkably so, for the exercise equipment in my workout room. There is some likelihood that it will not work on your equipment either unless your equipment... Read morePublished 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
This works great on all three of my machines! It occassionally hits a button on the bike, but since it is a one size fits all, I expected something like that.Published 15 days ago by FreqPrimeBuyer
Great purchase! There's a shelf on my treadmill (originally made for a book) that I keep my iPad Pro on when I walk, but wanted to be able to easily type as well. Read morePublished 21 days ago by Shannon C.
Works perfectly with my wife's new 'random company' treadmill - I took a risk even though the pictures did not make it clear that it would work. Read morePublished 27 days ago by Steven Yarnot
Works great. I use it and the time flies while I am on teh treadmill.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
This is awesome. I've had so much use out of this desk! Great product! Well worth the money! Well done!Published 1 month ago by Erin Shafer