The Big Dummy was a natural. It's designed to carry a lot of stuff easily, and that's just what it does. It was designed in conjunction with Xtracycle, whose modular plug-ins make it easy to carry groceries, garden supplies, tools, and just about anything else you'd normally carry with a car. It's got an upper limit of 400 pounds (180kg) total rider and cargo weight, which is more than you'll probably need, but not so much it's impossible to pedal. It does ride a bit different than normal bikes, due in large part to its long wheelbase, but a couple of trips to the store is all it should take to convince you that this bike is not only exceptionally useful, but fun too. Surly includes Xtracycle's V-Rack bags and snapdeck, but more options for attachments are available.
- Designed and spec'd for carrying lots of stuff comfortably
- Weight limit: 400lb combined rider & cargo
- Xtracycle Long Tail accessory kit included
- Can use all the XtraCycle FreeRadical accessories
- Braze-ons for fenders, 4 H2O cages, and hydro lines