- File Size: 681 KB
- Print Length: 313 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Shady Creek Publishing (May 28, 2015)
- Publication Date: May 28, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00XZJ3LPO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #779,540 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$11.99|
Save $8.00 (67%)
Surrender (The Command Series Book 3) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 313 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Never miss a new release from Robert Dugoni
Follow Robert Dugoni for new book notifications, email exclusives and more. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Stop reading if you don't want to encounter spoilers------------
The heroine is supposed to be this tough, resourceful, woman as a result of surviving a helicopter crash and thwarting the enemy from coming after her, by rigging a bomb. While I certainly think it was smart thinking of her to create her own defense and it was tough for her to spend the night surrounded by dead and dying colleagues - uh, it was just one single resourceful action (the bomb) and it was just ONE night where she had to tough it out, waiting by her helicopter until help arrived. In other words, this wasn't enough of an experience to have made her some seasoned fighter which the storyline tries to imply. In fact, judging by her stupidity at the beginning of the story, she was overconfident about her ability to handle a situation, thus leading to more unpleasantness for her:
- rather than keeping a low profile with her employer whom she suspects of criminal activity, she willingly joins him on a jeep safari rather than remain at camp with the other staff which would have been safer
- despite the employer feeling her up during the aforementioned safari, she still doesn't keep a low profile and goes on another jeep safari with him
- despite knowing that the employer likes to kill others (she witnesses it), she has drinks with him
- she quickly engages in sex with her employer's bodyguard when all she knows, he could be just as crooked (it doesn't matter that he warns her not to trust their employer, he could just be trying to get on her good side)
- she keeps saying she's emotionally dead as a result of what happened the night she had to sit amongst dead colleagues and set a bomb to kill the enemy. I could understand if she was a civilian, but she was in the Army, serving in Afghanistan, wouldn't she be mentally tougher? I could understand if she had been brutalized by the enemy during the night, but no, that's not what happened. So in other words, she seems pretty weak if she lets this one night experience totally ruin her for future relationships.
The hero's TSTL moments:
- he's supposed to be this great undercover CIA type agent, but when the heroine insists on know his first name while they're having sex, he relents and gives it to her.
- he places her with people who are connected to his evil employer. That's like putting a bulls-eye on the heroine. She should've been shuttled off to some U.S. Army base or Witness Protection
- why the heck he insists on making the heroine tell him the most awful moment of her life? I could see if he used it to tell her she shouldn't use it as a reason for not pursuing relationships, but he doesn't do anything after forcing the story out of her.
I am so disappointed by this book.
Series:The Command #3
Publisher:Shady Creek Publishing
Release Date:May 2015
Heat Level: 3.5 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Surrender by Karyn Lawrence was a great 5 star read.
This is the third book in The Command series and is a stand alone.
Olivia’s boss is a scary and dangerous man. When she meets his bodyguard Nathan, things change for her. There is an instant connection between the two.
We discover that Nathan is actually working undercover and Olivia is becoming quite the distraction that he doesn’t need. However, eventually they can no longer fight the attraction and give in to each other. “Hot”. These two rock the hotness charts and are great together.
This book has dangerous alphas, suspense, drama and romance, I couldn’t put it down.
I was constantly on the edge of my seat waiting to see what was going to happen next.
Karyn really does a great job with her writing, she pulls you in and won’t let you go. This series gets better with each book. This became a quick favorite of mine. I will definitely be following Karyn Lawrence and look forward to reading more from her.
I suggest you get started on this great series.
The Command Series: Book 1- Stay, Book 2- Keep, Book 3-Surrender
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review. Reviewed by MAustin from Alpha Book Club
Well lookie here... I love Nikki Sloane. Her books are edgy, sexy, and super intense. I've been a huge fan since day one and now... she is back with her alter ego Karyn Lawrence who writes romantic suspense. And let me let you in a little secret.. she rocked it.
The Command series is one full of steam, passion, intensity, murder, mystery, suspense, and the twists don't stop coming until the pages stop flipping. Each book within this series is a complete standalone, but why start in the middle when book one is ready.
Karyn Lawrence delivers to her readers a series that will hook them from their gripping first chapters to the edge of the seat moments throughout the entire book. Expect lots of heart palpitations, labored breathing, and possible kindles overheating the entire time.
This is Olivia and Nathan's story. She's a pilot. He's a bodyguard. From the moment she runs into him, the pull to Nathan is undeniable. Danger... it's lurking and not everything is as it seems or appears. They shouldn't blur the lines and cross boundaries... BUT.
Hot! Yeah wow! Favorite couple of this series by far! Olivia and Nathan sure did surprise me. The tension.. the steam.. prepare yourself. They teased my senses and captivated me. I rooted for these two hard. Not all roads are easy but always worth every moment.
I highly recommend this book.
Most recent customer reviews
This series continues with another roller coaster ride of action, adventure and romance that had me losing yet another (almost) full night of sleep!Read more
Ethan is tying up loose ends on his previous assignment and comes across the beautiful Olivia who is also...Read more
Olivia is the pilot to a crime family and while that doesn’t exactly scream...Read more
Author: Karyn Lawrence
Series: The Command #3
Genre: romantic suspense
This series just gets better and better.Read more