Oil month Automotive Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on October 6, 2017
Not bad. Story was good, but ending felt rushed and unfinished.
on May 6, 2017
This was an earlier work of Ms. Archers but as with all of her other pieces of work, it was exceptional! Captivating and well constructed this story grabbed my heart and I couldn't not cheer for the characters. From beginning to end, I was invested and it was terribly hard to put my Kindle down. There are some steamier scenes which her newer work excludes, just putting that out there as some ppl are sensitive. This book is well worth your time, heart and money ♡
on May 10, 2015
This romance novel kept a person's interest with all the conflicting emotions and intrigue between Alex and Georgians. A very enjoyable novel to read.
on May 1, 2015
This is the 21ist book and looking forward to more. Wonderful book, lovely smart writing. C.J Arthur doesn't disappoint. Must read.
on September 29, 2014
I received this book as an ebook free from the author through LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review. This book is regency historical fiction. There are some additional twists with a live-in female physician treating a male patient with an opium addiction. There is also murder and attempted murder, spies, sex and romance, and hidden secrets. As I read this book I especially enjoyed the author’s creative ability. This was a good read.
on December 16, 2013
C.J. Archer swept me up in this quickly paced, period romance. Alexander and Georgina, our main characters, are entertaining and captivating. C.J. writes in such a way that I would recommend this book to my male friends, as well as my female friends. A classy and edgy tale is built around opium addiction, and every detail to this historical romance was spot-on, and well researched. Surrender was truly one of my favorite short and steamy reads of 2013. If you are looking for a few hours to mentally escape this decade, this book is the perfect way to pass the time. You can check out my official review with casting pictures here, just copy and paste this link into your browser:
[...]
on October 10, 2013
This was an enjoyable read. I liked that the book had a female physician during the Regengcy Era and that she specialized in drug addiction. Her patient, Alex, was a spy and dealing with addiciton to opium due to nightmares of a disasterous mission that resulted in the death of his friend. There was a mixture of emotions and unexpected revelations.
on September 10, 2013
Loved it. All I can say about this book is read it. If I a male person 78 years old loved it, Than ladies you will go nuts for it.
on August 13, 2013
Alex Redcliff is a spy. The only problem now is that he is a spy with an opium addiction to help suppress his terrifying nightmares of events he doesn't want to remember. In Georgiana Appleby he finds his salvation, sent to help him recover from his addiction, Georgiana has quite a few secrets about herself and her past she wants to keep hidden.

I liked the character of Georgiana but I wanted someone a little bit more strong willed personally. She takes on the whole world defying the conventions of the time but the minute she is in a room alone with Alex all of her propriety goes out the window and she becomes unable to resist kissing his lips. Alex had that slightly jerky quality about him (it could have been the opium addiction) but he recovered his good qualities by his actions. I didn't think their hate then sudden irresistible attraction was plausible.
on August 11, 2013
Although this novel has the interesting plot involving Georgiana Appleby, a women who is following in her famous physician father's footsteps and who specializes in opium addiction and withdrawal, it falls a bit flat. The hero, Alex Redcliff, a former spy and now opium addict, suffers from severe PTSD resulting from an episode in which his best friend was killed. Sadly, with all the makings of a great book, the novel really doesn't go anywhere. In addition the style a bit choppy, and there is a wholesale massacre of first person objective case which is always incorrectly rendered as "whoever and I" no matter what the position in the sentence. Truly annoying--makes me wonder if C. J. Archer ever took and English class or looked a grammar handbook, but I digress. Overall, not a terrible book, but not one I'd really recommend either.