Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Survival Guide for the Beginning Speech-Language Clinician
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

on December 20, 1999
As a student in a speech and language undergraduate program, I found this book to be a useful tool in many aspects. The author presents the material in a comprehensive manner. I found it to be very useful in a clinical setting as well. It offered different ways of writing professional reports and progress notes. I also found it helpful when the author used examples throughout the book. This was very useful in applying the author's suggestions into my professional career. I highly recommend this book to any beginning clinician. It is an excellent reference book that every beginning clinician absolutely must have.
on January 6, 2001
as a student still learning the ropes this book can help out a lot! I think all the details make everything clear. for example, how to write a precise lesson plan... when you look at the book for their criteria you can clearly see what your own goals and objectives are missing. of course, there are a ton of topics discussed. you will be glad to have it in your collection.
on February 20, 2015
Definitely a book worth buying for future SLP. Provides examples of goal writing, eval report, SOAP notes, treatment plan, diagnostic report and etc. I have referenced it several times.
on May 17, 2013
This is one of those books I just couldn't sell after grad school. As a beginning clinician, I have found the examples of reports and objectives for different settings to be invaluable.
on June 23, 2014
New clinicians are frequently tempted by these titles, but I felt that a lot of the information was less-than-applicable especially when compared to the information I received from my classes or clinical rotations. Any beginning SLP looking for a more comprehensive volume would benefit from ordering a PRAXIS review book which contains nearly all 2 years of the graduate curriculum contained within a single volume (and with pictures! - all the better to memorize all those cranial nerves!)
on March 25, 2014
The book itself is in great condition. It is just misnamed. The info in here is more common sense than a survival guide. I will still use it as it has some useful info.
on January 5, 2015
Fair condition. I see some little damage because it's used but it is readable and no problems with new semester.
on February 23, 2015
A good book to write reports
on December 26, 2014
Helpful book.
on October 4, 2010
The book came on time and was in excellent condition. I would definitely recommend buying books from this seller.