The most important element of wilderness survival preparation is redundancy in all things - if one tool fails, it's essential to always have a backup (and maybe even a backup for your backup). And that's exactly what makes Flint Laces so vital: they give you an alternative means of making fire when your matches get wet and your lighter won't spark.
- Slim diameter Ferro tips fit in a wide range of hiking boots, hunting boots, tactical boots and more.
- Each pair comes with (2) serrated striker knives designed for maximum spark production and tinder shaving.
- Quick access flints - No need to cut your laces.
- Minimalist - Everything you need to keep your boots tied and start a fire, nothing more.
- Ideal for anyone that ventures into the backcountry or likes to be prepared for anything.
Shoelaces are measured according to how many hole pairs there are on your boots. Simply count the number of hole pairs and order according to the chart below.
**The diameter of the tips are 4mm at the widest point. Measure your boot holes to make sure they will fit.
Hole Pairs: Shoelace Length:
**Fire making with these tools is the same as using any other flint and steel system. Starting a fire with them is a skill and should be researched and practiced to proficiency. Striker knives are sharp and should be handled with caution.
3000 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT - Ferro Rod produces a shower of HOT SPARKS capable of igniting a wide range of tinder in any climate.
Lace up with a fire kit you can count on.