- Save 50% on the popular Pink/Black Survival Grenade (Product #B0178G05OO). Hit the "Add Both to Cart" button to save 50% Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 50% on the Survival Spark Fire Starter (Product# B016UWWS2O ) Hit the "Add Both to Cart" button to save 50% Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 50% on the Best Camping Survival Compass (Product# B01MSYBJ8J ) Hit the "Add Both to Cart" button to save 50% Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Survival Spark Magnesium Survival Fire Starter with Compass and Whistle
- Low Return Rate: 66% fewer returns than similar products
- Best Seller: #1 best seller in Camping Emergency Fire Starters
- Highly Rated: More than 80% 4 star and 5 star reviews
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$2.20 (25%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Never be caught in the cold: High quality all weather fire starter is windproof & weather resistant
- Lights up time & time again: Strikes up to 15,000 times to make a fire when you want or need it most
- All in one emergency tools: Magnesium fire starter stick, large scraper, compass, whistle & lanyard
- Compact & convenient: Fire starter rod is 5.5" to easily fit in cars, survival kits & camping gear
- Customers say: Must have emergency tool for campers & hikers | 3 essentials in one purchase
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
"excellent fire starting capabilities " | "this thing is so cool started a fire in less than 5 minutes " | "long term use and practicality make this exactly what I needed in my emergency bag " the survival sparkle combines three pieces of essential survival gear into one compact tool. The fire starter kit includes a magnesium fire starter rod, a large striker, a high quality compass, and a 150 db. emergency whistle- all conveniently strung together on a lanyard for safe keeping. Built to last, our fire starter lights up to 15,000 times, and is an essential for outdoor activities including camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and as part of your emergency survival supplies. Survival spark prevents you from ever being caught in the cold as it is weather resistant, cold resistant and windproof. Whether you are lighting a campfire, bonfire, bbq, or just need a quick flame, the survival spark has you covered. No need to fumble around with matches--simply shave a small amount of magnesium from the rod onto your tinder using the serrated side of the scraper. The amount needed is approximately the size of a us quarter. Next, hold the rod at an angle over the pile and forcefully slide your striker along the length of the rod until sparks land directly on the magnesium shavings and ignite the fire. For best results, strip the protective layer of paint from the striker before starting your fire. Dead end survival co. Manufactures the highest quality survival gear for men and women. Whether you are hunting, camping, fishing, biking, hiking or just like to be prepared, our gear prepares you for the unexpected. For the ultimate survival bundle, pair the survival spark with our survival watch, Para cord bracelet, grenade emergency keychain, and/or survival shack. The survival spark is the ultimate survival gear accessory. Order yours today and experience the peace of mind that comes with being prepared.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I will keep this stored in the First-aid Kit in my car, which already includes a reliable compass and whistle.
Like most Amazon shoppers, I count on honest, unbiased reviews. I hope you have found this review helpful in making your purchase decision.
The rod itself seems to throw ample sparks and it is long enough that it is easier to use than the stubs that many firesteels resemble. I had my wife and daughter using them and getting fires started using tinder having never used a firesteel before in about 15 minutes after showing them technique. Some pros and cons of this firesteel are as follows:
- Incredibly low price point (I received two of these for under $10).
- Long rod makes it easier to use than the majority of firesteels which are maddeningly short.
- Built in compass and emergency whistle. These are simply icing on an already delicious cake.
- Lanyard is the perfect length for striking.
- Scraper works very well and is also multi-use with the "toothed" edge side.
- Throws good sparks and works very well doing what it was made for.
- Probably my favorite handle of any firesteel that I have ever used.
- Compass can be a bit finicky at times, but it can be coaxed into finding North with minimal effort, and it is built into the handle which can theoretically replace a compass in get-home-bag/kit if you are short on space.
- Whistle is a bear to use. You will probably get light-headed trying to get it's full volume, but it is still functional and is once again included on the handle making it a great space-saver. I would definitely consider this aback-up whistle though, as opposed to more functional compass.
- May make you feel silly spending a bunch more money for a less-versatile product.
In conclusion, this firesteel, to me, is an incredible value and can even be useful as more than just a firestarter. I would say that this is a great purchase for a first-time firesteel user as it's longer-than-normal length makes it more forgiving, and it can be used by the beginner in almost no time. This product is also easier to use than many other firesteel thanks to it's well-designed handle, and it throws sparks as well as any of my other firesteels. The built in compass and emergency whistle make this thing an exceptional value, and at the price-point the is little excuse not to have one of these with you at all times (in every vehicle, as well as your packs).
Overall, this multi-use firesteel is a great value and I highly recommend it for prepared-minded people and avid outdoorsmen/women alike!
It took a bit of work to remove the coating, but once removed I was treated to a pretty impressive spark. I was able to catch a small amount of dry grass on fire without needing to scrape off any of the magnesium which is definitely a bonus since this is more of a last ditch item in my bag.
The included lanyard is appreciated as well, since it allowed me to secure it within my bag without having to worry about things getting too spread out.
The included compass seems to work pretty well, judging by the orientation of my home but it required me to tap on it a few times. I won't knock off any of the rating for that as I had honestly forgotten it was included on the device until I received it.
The whistle took a bit to figure out but it was loud enough I'm worried that I may have irked the neighbors when I got it to work at around 11pm.
Mostly what I appreciate is the fact that the seller e-mailed me with instructions before I received it and the instructions included stated pretty much the same thing. Little stuff like that is definitely something that I appreciate from sellers as often the process of purchasing on Amazon feels quite impersonal.
I'd recommend it to anyone who needs a firestarter for whatever reason. It takes up virtually no bag space and works amazingly well.