Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Survival Matches - Flip Top - 2 Pack
|Price:||$9.47 & FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Wind proof and water proof
- Will light when wet
- Contains two packs with 25 in each
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Survival Matches are windproof and waterproof and will burn even when wet! They are the very best NATO approved matches available. Designed to light in all extreme types of weather, they can withstand immersion in water and cannot be extinguished by wind. Match head burns for 12 seconds. Approximately 25 matches in each sealed flip top tube. Supplied with cotton wool tinder and striker. Easy open Flip Top Lid.Flip Top Lid is simple to use and watertight.Weight: 1.9oz / 53.9g.Import.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerThis product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Burn fiercely when lit and would probably do well in wind/rain.
2. Will not ignite accidentally as they are not strike anywhere.
3. These are 'NATO' matches!
1. Go out after coated top burns to wood. A regular wood match gives you more time to light tinder due to the wood burning.
2. Not strike anywhere. When I am cold and hands numb I want matches to ignite. Ignition when cold is more important than protection from accidental ignition. To safegard against accidental ignition pack half up and half down, put cotton at heads (doubles as emergency tinder), and split in two containers. Also waterproof the heads (I've only used parafin, but I hear a light coating of clear nail polish works well and doesn't melt in heat).
3. The striking surface is not protected (though it would be easy enough to fold one up and put it inside; worth having even for strike anywhere matches).
4. $7 for about 50 matches vs. about half that for 750 strike anywhere (at a store near me)!!!
BOTTOM LINE: I can get a lot more strike anywhere matches at the store that stay lit longer. If I was in high wind or rain I personally would seek shelter before trying to build fire. Standard strike anywhere matches can be lit in wind easily if you have the knack (ask a smoker). As a kid I remember being out in winter with safety matches and a wet striker lid (it got wet when I took it out of a plastic bag to light a match) cursing the fact they wouldn't strike anywhere. The key isn't a match that keeps burning due to a coating, but carrying/finding good tinder.
Don't be sold by the name. Test all products at home in worst case conditions before going out.
P.S. If it came to down to carrying 25 matches or a cheap bic lighter I would take the lighter (depending on conditions). 25 lights or 250+? Don't take matches just because they seem more 'survivally' (?). Be practical.
Most recent customer reviews
I had need of them one night, it was not raining, I could not get one to light, and wore...Read more
The container will keep them dry.