Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 44 reviews
on April 22, 2016
I thought this book was a great read, kept you on the edge of your seat and I liked the characters. The only complaint I have is the other books never came out so the ending left me wanting more
on September 7, 2011
Wow, This book is what you are looking for. I find it difficult to understand how people can be so mean in their reviews of some of the work that they read.
I found this book to be top notch. There are books out there that people put on a pedestal, and if the next book isn't the same thing, well then they bash the next one that they read.
What you find in this book is a great story, and it is set up for a great follow on story. I cannot wait for book 2, 3, and hopefully many more to come from this great writer. I will not give it away, what I will say is that it is worth the money.
This book is a fast and good read.
I also have a book on here, and I know how it feels to get bashed by some, and praised by others, Mr. Sprague has done something right to have been picked up by the best firm that puts Zombie books out on the market, and if you don't believe that, well then you are not reading the other great books that are out there.
I would rate this writer along with Recht, Bourne, Tufo, Talluto, Cook, Dee, and DiLouie. So if you read Zombie literature, that is the who's who of what is out there. This book belongs there, and you should give it a shot.

G.R. Mountjoy
on April 9, 2015
Great story if a bit ridiculous at times. Still waiting for the next book in the series to come out though.
on August 10, 2010
I finished this book in one day - found it hard to put down. Finally, someone has gotten it right. This one was GREAT. Good progression, good storylines, believeable characters (though not all of them were well developed), and plausible scenarios.

I LOVED how this group came together to survive. I love how John researched and planned and prepared and CARRIED OUT his plans, ensuring the survival of many of his own family and scores of others, strangers, who'd somehow survived.

I love his (actually Sprague's, of course) ideas about how to get things accomplished when the zombies really do come (heh). Some of his ideas were things that I had not thought of doing, but were great ideas and I need to hang onto that info for the inevitable zombie uprising. I'm not crazy, I'm just sayin'.

I cannot wait for the next installment of this. Loved it, and cannot recommend it enough.

**Edited 3/3/11: So....I wound up editing Permuted Press's edition of this book. Having read it now three times, I still would wholeheartedly and enthusiastically recommend this book to zombie lovers everywhere.
on May 3, 2011
As with almost every book i have read put out By Permuted Press, NEW ZED ORDER: SURVIVE is just what i exspected. A wonderfully writen book of horror and Human strength. The story is fast paced and full of emotion. Every Charecter feels real and pulls you in for more. Every time i feel that Zombie stories are about to die out......BAM!!! a new twist to the ever growing Living Dead Genre hits hard and fast. I for one look forward to more from this story line. Waitting with eagerness for the next book!
on July 5, 2012
Spoiler alert in this review!

It took me awhile to get into the book. It definitely got better as it went along.

The biggest thing that lacked in this story was realism, the best way I could describe it is as cartoonish. Yes I know we are talking zombies but first and foremost they get to their camp and seem to forget that the entire world turned to crap. The interactions between the main character and his wife is annoying. I've never seen a couple so lovey-dovey especially after years of marriage, their interactions don't always have to touch on how much they love each other or how their so attracted to each other. Finally the interactions between the main character and his wife's brother border-lined on ridiculous. I mean the kid walking around with a samurai sword and the main character (a retired cop) talking about being a ninja? Seriously?

Details in the story were inconsistent. For example the main character gets a hold of a Army Hummer and later decides to honk the horn. Pretty sure they don't have car horns in the military version of a Hummer. Additionally the working plumbing just doesn't make any sense months after things collapse.

Now that I described all the problems with the story I really liked his unique take on the zombie story. The ghost aspect was unexpected and yet really brings an interesting twist to the story. I also liked the addition of the zombie leadership pack. The story has a great direction on how people would survive after civilization collapses but he needs to move on from them being strictly scavengers to rebuilding society.

I'll be buying the second installment from the author hoping things improve. The foundation for the story is solid. I'm hoping he spends a good amount of time describing how the main character tries to build his compound(s) and put society back together. Also to cover how other groups of people are just as dangerous if not more so than the zombies (pyramid troops?).
on March 18, 2011
Overall I liked the story. If you like down and dirty zombie action this book is for you. However, if you like the thinking man's zombie novel, then remember to check your brain (pun intended) at the door before starting the novel. There are way too many characters in the book for the author to spend any amount of time fully developing many of them. Most characters are like the uncredited actors that beamed to the surface with Capt. Kirk and Dr. Spock, never to return to the enterprise. I had no strong feeling towards any of the survivors that died at the hands of the zombies. Although some of the characters in the book might have know the victims well, the reader did not.

If you are a gun aficionado then you will definitely love all of the weapons that the author armed his characters with.

Duffer...
on September 6, 2012
Though I have been an avid lover of zombie movies, I only recently added zombie fiction to meet my growing zombie addiction. After reading New Zed Order: Survive, I can frankly say that if all zombie fiction were of the caliber of this book then zombie fiction writers would be millionaires! This book kept me riveted! I could not put the book down, even held my Kindle Fire while cooking, and (sadly) while driving to work, because I could not stop reading! This author thoroughly developed not only the zombie storyline but that of his characters, and this greatly enriched my reading experience as well as insuring my devotion in praying for the survival of these beloved characters as they ventured out from their relatively safe compound. I truly hope this author continues to expand on this storyline with these characters and answers the questions raised in this book, which I will not mention here to prevent spoiling the twists and surprises contained in this book. I wholeheartedly recommend this book to any reader of zombie fiction, and encourage any newcomers to start with this book before sampling any other selections. Quality reading at an extremely low price!
on May 15, 2013
Overall I liked this book but get the feeling that the author is a part-time doomsday prepper, active opponent of gun control and is mapping out his zombie plan in this book. The anti-government and regulations got a bit thin and the main character taking out a military sniper who had the advantage of surprise on him was a bit far fetched...but this is zombie fiction, it's supposed to be far fetched.
Also interesting is the main character's lack of consistency in adopting rules that are retro active but fail to address his attack on a fellow survivor. Anyway, I'm probably nit picking. If you enjoy zombie novels, read this.
on June 8, 2012
Fantastic read. I would like to imagine this is how me and my family would survive.
I read this book immediately after another series and was very surprised to come across a second book equally enticing.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone (and I have to a few) - and I sincerely hope the author is working on a second book.
This has the potential to be developed into a movie. If I knew how to write a screenplay, I would.