- File Size: 1685 KB
- Print Length: 209 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1490943226
- Publication Date: January 14, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00DUYS7WQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,947,147 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #789 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Futuristic
- #2439 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- #2477 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Science Fiction
|Print List Price:||$9.50|
Save $5.51 (58%)
Surviving the Apocalypse in Steinbach, MB Kindle Edition
|Length: 209 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
If I were to raise quibbles, it would be over the stability of wind energy as a replacement for regular sources. But that is an unimportant minor point. Reestablishing electricity is critical to the plot since both leads make heavy use of their smartphones and June uses her computer to earn income.
Possible Spoiler Alert: I did like the interesting imagery of the cure for the "zombie disease." It is a true image of what all of us need to overcome the darkness of sin.
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
That being said, I was pleasantly surprised. I was looking forward to finishing it after I started and almost immediately this book's premise is set -- explosions all over North America that wiped out major cities and the story focuses on Caleb and June, teenagers who are more than just friends.
For me, sometimes the story lagged in the first half of the book, but once you get to that half way mark, where I don't want to spoil it but more is established about the effects of this new society -- things then start to pick up.
The characters are likeable, but most importantly they're plausible and not perfect. By the time I finished reading the book, I was immediately thinking of different biblical allegories that I'm sure the author was intentionally alluding to, but she didn't over do it. She used just the correct amount of subtlety without spelling out exactly what she was alluding to. Again, my comment might not make sense because I don't want to spoil the outcome other than to say it was quite interesting the Christian take Celesta was willing to bring to this genre.
If you like Zombies, and you like hopeful and optimistic stories that don't sport a pessimistic outlook, you'll enjoy this and I highly recommend it.
This story has a way of keeping you right there with June and all and I have found it hard to just set it down even when I've had to do other important things one has to do in their daily lives! I recommend thos book for those who like as I
had already mentioned a mystery. But not the type that's gory and with horror like some mystery stories can be like,yes? I received this book free and in exchange zi am now doing what reviews zi can do now. Thanks Celesta!
Great job! By Angela
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Science Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Futuristic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult