Surviving Mars (PS4)
|Price:||+ $4.58 shipping|
- Individually simulated colonists: each colonist is a unique individual with problems and strengths that influence the needs and behavior of the other colonists. Things can get really interesting if your Chief scientists develops alcoholism after one too many long nights in the lab. Futuristic space Dome construction: retro-futuristic Super structures housing colonists, factories and commercial buildings with their own "neighborhood personality".
- exploration of Mars' Secrets: inspired by the classic sci-fi of Asimov and Clarke, Surviving Mars holds many secrets.
- Randomized research tree: combine static and random research through experimentation, which allows for a different experience for each journey through the game.
- unique retro-futuristic aesthetic: a sleek, modern take on the Bright futurism of the 1960s. A time of exploration and adventure.
- expansive Mod support craft your own fantastic buildings, parks or even a mystery to share through Surviving Mars's extensive and convenient modding tools
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Colonize Mars and discover her secrets, with minimal casualties. Welcome home! The time has come to stake your claim on the Red planet and build the first functioning human colonies on Mars! All you need are supplies, oxygen, decades of training, experience with sandstorms, and a can-do attitude to discover the purpose of those weird Black cubes that appeared out of nowhere. With a bit of sprucing up, this place is going to be awesome! Surviving Mars is a sci-fi city builder all about colonizing Mars and surviving the process. Choose a space Agency for resources and financial support before determining a location for your colony. Build domes and infrastructure, research new possibilities and utilize drones to unlock more elaborate ways to shape and expand your settlement. Cultivate your own food, mine minerals or just relax by the bar after a hard day's work. Most important of all, though, is keeping your colonists alive. Not an easy task on a strange new planet. There will be challenges to overcome. Execute your strategy and improve your colony's chances of survival while unlocking the mysteries of this alien world. Are you ready? Mars is waiting for you.
Top reviews from other countries
Right from the off - THERE IS VERY LITTLE GUIDANCE TO GET YOU STARTED. The control system isn't intuitive but you get your head round it in a couple of hours. If you have any experience of Elite: Dangerous then you will have a good idea of the games tutorial system (it doesn't exist). Have a little dig around online to find some helpful tips and tricks to stop your colonists snuffing it. You could try making it up as you go along and it may work (it probably won't).
The game does have genuine tension - landing your first colonists and trying to survive the first few hours is nerve jangling. I can see plenty of replay value (the tech tree is randomised each time you play) and I am sure that I will get my money's worth out of it.
If city building is your thing and you want a survivally type twist to it then you will probably love it. More casual gamers will probably pass it by until the price drops a bit. Either way, it's a challenging slice of death on Mars fun.
Played on PS4 Pro 2019.