Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on April 7, 2012
Survivor: Guatemala seems to be a fairly divisive season and I never understood why some people gave it such a bad rap. The location was unique and epic (the tribal council set was by far the best), the challenges were great and there were some brilliant new ones and the cast was one of the best. Although there are a few lower vis pre-merge boots, pretty much everyone who survived the first four episodes delivered in one way or another and gave us some great moments. Although it was the first season to implement the hidden immunity idol and the returning player twists which both became problems in later seasons, they both actually worked this time round. Overall, Guatemala is one of my favourites and one I think deserves better recognition as a top tier season. Hopefully the DVD can win it more fans and help people to appreciate it.
11 comment| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 24, 2012
So this review is not for Survivor or the Series. Fact is if you are buying Survivor season's you know what they entail. I'm reviewing the product that amazon creates. I am doing this because personally I was a little hesitant buying a product that amazon actually produces when it is ordered.

Great news, the set is awesome. It comes in a single case that is small and fits better than some of the big book sets other companies produce. So far I have made it through 5 disks and had literally no problems. Picture is clear and I have not noticed any skipping that other reviewers on these products noted. The Sound quality is that of most DVD's these days. Overall I have no complaints. If you are hesitant in buying this product because it is being crafted by amazon, have no fears. It's a great product and also a great way to support the series to make sure further seasons are also available to enjoy for year to come. Buy with Confidence.

Edit: I should also add that these packages come with some great extras that Studio DVD releases don't even offer. On every disk you have special features that include the daily show interviews with the castmates at they are voted out. A true perk for the everyday Survivor fans.
on March 11, 2014
Hey everyone, guess what!! The winner of this show is...wait, you don't want to know, and neither do I. Too bad. Every season they plaster the winner's picture on the cover of the DVD, so that at a single glance, the mystery's over!! Who thought that this was a good idea?! It seems like the worst idea in the world. Simple fix. Put the whole cast on the cover. There, problem solved! My solution is to never look at the cover when I buy the DVD--just open it and flip it upside down. The people in charge of the cover designs--please fire them now. The best reality show ever with the worst DVD covers ever.
on January 28, 2014
1/28/14. We just finished watching Guatemala (season 11) for the 1st time. 1st off, we absolutely love Survivor! I am glad(and thankful to CBS) that the seasons we missed are now available. I am, however, somewhat disappointed & surprised in the quality of the picture. IMO, it is not up to today's standards - I would compare it to VHS quality. The close-ups are fine but anything else sorts of sucks...I don't understand? For the fan, it isn't bad enough to keep you from purchasing, but be warned, this is far from being HD...Distance shots are blurry. Note: we watch on an 82" screen so it might be less noticeably bad on a 50" TV... So because of the somewhat crappy video quality, but still being the uber & thankful fan, I give this manufactured on demand set a 4 star rating. Btw, we had zero playback issues whatsoever. Also, the set comes in one large "standard" DVD case that's hinged holding the 5 discs.

The bonus features are CBS This Morning interviews. These are one on one studio interviews w/ with voted out players the next morning after that episode aired, way back when. FYI, one of the interviewers - I don't know her name(the black woman), we found to be extremely rude and very ignorant about the show. To us, she came off as a "b" word...We ended up stop watching the interviews - Parvati's Aftershow is a million times better... but at least there are some bonus features - no Ponderosa. Also, The Reunion Show is included.

I was going to lower my rating to 3 stars because I read some reviews on here saying that each disc has pictures on that disc of who was getting voted off on that disc's episodes! Obviously, this would ruin any hope of suspense...,which is extremely stupid and BS! So w/ this knowledge, I secretly made my wife put each disc in the DVD player so I wouldn't know who was getting voted off before watching. BUT it turns, out that my discs DO NOT HAVE ANY FACE PICTURES ON THEM. I hope(Amazon & CBS!!!) this will be the case with the other seasons we still need to purchase, ehem.

So despite the sub par video quality, I still highly recommend this set and season, Guatemala, for fans of the show who perhaps started out late like we did and need to catch up on old seasons or just need that "fix" in between current seasons. Guatemala is a very good season and they did have different rules back then - a final two, for example.

Note, we didn't start watching Survivor until season 12 and haven't missed an episode since. Prior to that, we have either rented from Netflix or Blockbuster and we're now purchasing what wasn't available for rent - seasons 3,4,5,6 and 11 - the 11th being our first purchase and only retail set we have watched. We did try a ebay bootleg copy of season 11 but was basically unwatchable - save your money...
on March 28, 2017
awesome
on May 2, 2014
I really liked some of the characters in this survivor they really stood out and where really cool for the show. Steff and Bobby Joe a champions and I hope to see them again in survivor somewhere down the road because they really added to the show a great deal. Another great survivor to watch and own on dvd. If your a true fan of survivor it's a must have to add to your dvd collection.
on June 17, 2012
Personally, I believe that Survivor is the best season and the dvd is awesome. The behind the scenes footage is worth the price of the dvd alone!!! As in the cast, this season has the most diverse Survivors from different parts of the USA!! Bringing back Bobby Jon and Stephenie was a great addition, but this cast definately would have been able to carry this season without them!!! The standouts......Lydia, Brandon, Gary, Cindy, Judd, Cindy, Jamie, Rafe,.....there really isn't anyone that is boring!!! I really cannot see why this cast outside of Bobby Jon and Stephenie has not returned for any additional seasons. Survivor Guatemala (2005)
on May 24, 2014
I really enjoy watching the complete season over and over, as many times as I want. Amazon is the best as a supplier! The only negative is it seems the price is becoming a bit high. Thank you Amazon for the " Survivor" fans the chance to relive one of our favorite shows!
on November 1, 2017
on July 18, 2012
I had to return this item for another cause it would freeze up and sometimes it wouldn't even load. When I got the replacement it did the smae thing. I returned it also for a replacement and again it did the same thing. So I returned it had got my money back. I really wanted this for my collection. But none of them would work right. But I still have to say Amazon was very good about the returns and the refund. I will continue to use them for other purchases