PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc
Customer Discussions > I Dreamed A Dream forum

Susan's vocal quality

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 3, 2010, 3:54:30 PM PST
I really appreciate the simplicity of Susan Boyle's voice. It doesn't have that much going on and yet it is lovely and easy to listen to. There is something to that.

Posted on Feb 3, 2010, 4:31:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 3, 2010, 5:41:36 PM PST
Ann Marie says:
I agree completely. She doesn't resort to vocal acrobatics. She doesn't have to. More than that, there is something in her voice that reaches out and grabs my soul. I've loved a lot of different kinds of music in my life, but there's something different, almost intimate, in her voice that I've never heard before and I don't know how to describe it. Whatever it is, I love her first CD and I'll be first in line to buy her next one.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2010, 5:49:22 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 3, 2010, 5:56:20 PM PST
Ann Marie says:
Ah, here comes the troll, right on schedule.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2010, 6:35:10 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 3, 2010, 7:50:15 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 1, 2011, 3:10:43 PM PDT]

Posted on Feb 3, 2010, 7:58:45 PM PST
Ann Marie says:
Sometimes what appears to be two or more trolls is actually just one troll assuming multiple persona to agree with itself. One or several, doesn't matter, they're all alike.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2010, 8:22:02 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 8:30:39 AM PST
She's THE one female singer that doesn't try to sing like Whitney Houston. Whit's great, but we don't need dozens of them.

Posted on Feb 4, 2010, 1:03:19 PM PST
X says:
These sites deserve a better quality of troll. All they are good for is pumping up the stats, and nothing more. They all seem to show the same weakness, and it looks like that weakness curtails all development: they are all cowards. As soon as somebody lays into them the way they lay into others, they whinge and complain about the treatment they are receiving.

They are not worth the slightest further attention: if a troll does not spoil your enjoyment of a thread, ignore it. If it does spoil your pleasure, bar it, leave it to mouth stupidly in a vacuum. If a troll has the right to express itself, we must respect that right. But everyone has the right to not read anything they do not want to read, so bar away merrily, it's your constitutional right!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2010, 10:17:40 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2010, 10:56:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 6, 2010, 11:05:13 AM PST
X says:
Criticise without bitching and insulting, and you'll get accepted. I don't know exactly what is missing in a troll's social development, although I have a stack of ideas. But there's no place for trollish behaviour on the CV of a person of typical constitution.

What I can demonstrate quite easily is that writing annoying posts, not for the sake of a different opinion but for the joy of annoying people enjoying an exchange of views is very, very easy, and takes no particular gift at all. Heck, I'm not even a Susan Boyle fan; I'm a fan of almost any form of song, fascinated by the strange pairing of a trul beautiful voice like Susan's with such a withering life. So when I'm looking through some of the many, many discussion boards where people who are Susan Boyle fans enoy exchanging points of view, and I see a case like those I saw here, I feel like giving the trouble-makers some of their own medecine. I have yet to encounter a troll who can accept his/he/its spoutings returned with interest. It's so easy, I cannot figure out why people think it's clever.

But if there is strong but rational disagreement, backed up by knowledge, observations or facts, I'm not concerned in the least. Some recent counter-examples: Susan Boyle has had a negative effect on the UK Haiti single. Nope: the critics are complaining about just about everyone and everything except Susan's contribution, and very few others. So why come and spout the opposite of the facts? Susan Boyle will not last. Nope! She has millions of fans around the world, and is getting the support her condition needs, so she has got years in front of her. Why come and spout the opposite of what the facts indicate? And so on , all the way through the trollic production that has been poured upon these pages.

That's not to say all the trolls can't set up their own trollic discussion board, upon which they would have the right to out-perform each other in the realms of stupidity and denial of fact.

It's up to you. Do you have different opinions to express in a civil manner and with rational cause? Personally I would welcome that. But if you want to be unreasonably negative and as annoying as you can be, don't be upset if you get some back.

I've said alomost exactly the same thing to you days ago, and you failed to take the opportunity in a reasonable manner. What's it to be this time? Are you interested in the Susan Boyle story? Does her quite extraordinary natural voice inspire thoughts you want to measure against the thoughts of others?

Exactly like last time: it's your call.

Posted on May 1, 2011, 8:49:01 AM PDT
Vocal quality the best

Posted on May 8, 2011, 11:35:12 AM PDT
Renewed sales increase due in part to superior vocal quality
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  I Dreamed A Dream forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Feb 3, 2010
Latest post:  May 8, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
I Dreamed A Dream
I Dreamed A Dream by Susan Boyle (Audio CD - 2009)
4.6 out of 5 stars (2,301)