Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 120 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 147 reviews
on November 3, 2010
I bought this product but was not sure it would make round shaped sushi as I didn't see any round shaped one in the picture of the package online. So i was happy when I got it, it does have the round shaped sushi mold!

It's not very easy at first to put a sheet of Nori to the mold as the manual said. When I inserted the top of the mold to complete sushi, it broke the Nori sheet! My sushi came out ugly!
I saw on Internet people made sushi using a clear plastic sheet (I cut one from a plastic bag! :)) to put to the mold first, then a layer of rice, then the Nori sheet, then tuna, avocado ... Finally, close the Nori sheet & seal it with some more rice then tight it with the plastic bag & the mold on the top. This way, the mold doesn't break the Nori sheet.... & you can either spread sesame seeds/or avocado layer on the plastic sheet so they stick to the rice make it looks nicer...

I have to practice more to make the sushi look better though... :) I am still happy I got those molds.It makes sushi making faster! I just hope it comes with special plastic sheet to help me more! :)

(Sorry my English is not as good to express what I mean. Hope it's still helpful!)
44 comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2016
I'm good at this stuff and this gizmo made me bad at it. The rounds come out the size of mini-burgers, too big to comfortably pick up with chopsticks. Sushi is supposed to be delicate, not a giant two-handed McSushi Hungry Man. This went back within hours. Fortunately, it was purchased with Amazon's guarantee.

The picture on the package shows the package shows the proportion of chopsticks to the "patties." It gives you an idea of what you'd have to do to get those honkin' big round ones on chopsticks.
on June 22, 2017
This thing was absolutely terrible and extremely frustrating to say the least. I'm a NYC culinary school graduate so there's no issue with me being incompetent with preparing food. This is just a cheap excuse to get money out of people by selling a piece of garbage to unsuspecting customers. Looks easy enough to use so I thought I'd give it a try and holy f****** s*** by the end of the second day trying to use it I shoved everything back in the box and threw the entire thing in the garbage. I would rather continue to roll by hand then attempt to use this piece of garbage again. You put the seaweed in all nice and neat, fill with whatever you want, top it off all following instructions step by step just to make sure you don't do anything wrong since there's so many pieces, then you go to cut and pull it out and it's just a giant pile of s*** by the end. I can even explain how bad it goes so quickly at the last 60 seconds. Not to mention another attempt when I lifted it up to move it and the entire thing exploded because it came apart. That was fun to clean up. Just don't waste your money. Save your $15 and figure something else out!
on January 20, 2016
This is my favorite kitchen tool! The instructions were so simple to follow. I'm creating all kinds of fun sushi rolls for my family. Even fruit desert rolls. Had this on my wish list for 2 years before I finally purchased this. Great price and fun to create delicious fancy foods.
on May 11, 2016
Doesn't really give tight rolls. The thing thats suppose to push the rolls down and close it only goes so far so the rolls are not tight. Other then that, it does what its suppose to do.
on September 15, 2015
I saw this at the county fair, they made it look so quick and easy to make sushi at home. Well for me it didn't work out as well the first couple times, guess it takes practice apparently key is in the rice. I didn't quite have the knack for it. But I bought one for my dad and he loves it, and make all sorts of rolls with it
on March 16, 2017
Works great.. make sushi fast.
on December 19, 2016
Fun and pretty easy. My daughter enjoys the heck out of it.
on March 31, 2017
perfect
on January 5, 2017
Great product and came fast