Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on April 19, 2016
Sushi book has all of the basics and good pictures. A great beginners book.
on March 19, 2006
As a complete sushi-making newbie, I was hoping to find a book that would walk me through, step-by-step, the process of making sushi, preferably with lots of illustrations to help me along. This book is that, and then some: with gorgeous, colorful photography, this cookbook is practically a coffee-table book as well. It may not make you an instant expert (it's harder than it looks!), but it will definitely inspire you to get in your kitchen and give it a try! The book was a bit thinner than I expected (yes, I know, I should have read the specs) and the hand roll technique could have been explained a little better, but it is fairly complete, covering fish preparation, basic rice and variations, rolls, "getting creative", soups, and garnishes, as well as serving and presentation tips - everything you need to create a delicious sushi meal at home. Over all, an excellent buy.
on October 21, 2010
I get a little tired of sushi books that are mostly a re-hash of old ideas with a twist. I read one book book devoted a huge section to colored rice and making pretty pictures. Clever idea, but one that you can address in a page or two. Fortunately, "Sushi (Essential Kitchen Series)" avoids that trap. There are some good ideas without relying on things that are simply too hard to get, and it's original without being weird or overly difficult to make. Some practical garnishing tips are presented that I liked.
on June 4, 2014
This is just a great little book. Prepared for a non-Japanese-born-to-sushi audience. I bought it for my wife - both of us are sushi fans. All you need to know is in this well-written little volume.
on August 30, 2015
Outstanding read! Very informative with great visuals - highly recommended for neophyte sushi epicureans.
on January 22, 2011
Bought this book for my grandson. He was interested in making sushi so I taught him to make it in September and he was quite good at it and we had lots of fun making dinner for the family. Then decided to buy him a book as well and chose Sushi (Essential Kitchen Series) by Ryuichi Yoshii because it had excellent instructional photos as well as excellent photos of the sushi.
on December 2, 2014
Great recipes! Got it for my husband for his birthday. We had a lot fun making sushi and it was our first time! Turned out pretty good.
on March 12, 2015
great fast shipping, awesome item, better than described, would buy from again! Thanks, happy buyer.
on February 10, 2016
Not vrey detailed.
on June 5, 2013
i liked the recipe
i don't have yet the time to try it but i will definitely make my sushi
the deliver was fast i had no problem