Susteen Datapilot Cell Phone Data Transfer Suite Universal
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Extension of the advanced cell-phone data transfer suite, DataPilot
- Transfer contacts from 1 cell phone to the next in seconds
- Supports the most popular handsets on the market
- Includes 2 PC connectors and 9 different phone connectors
- Perfect solution for multiple-phone users or a family
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Cell phone data transfer suite software with universal USB cable for Motorola Sony Eriksson Sanyo LG Nokia And Samsung.System Requirements:Pentimum 100 Mhz or higher CPU 32 MB Minimum RAM 60 MB of free HDD space 800X600 or higher resolution 256 colors or higher USB prot CD-ROM drive.Format: WIN 98ME2000XP Genre: BUSINESS / FINANCE UPC: 739234007799 Manufacturer No: DP300-X01
From the Manufacturer
DataPilot Universal Kit is an extension of the DataPilot software suite, the advanced cell-phone data transfer suite that allows end-users to manage their contact information, access the Internet while on the go, personalize their mobile phone with ringtones and images, and stay in sync with their appointments in Outlook or Outlook Express. DataPilot provides an all-in-one solution for phone book manager, Internet data connectivity, ringtone composer, image editor, SMS manager and calendar support.
The Universal Kit supports the most popular handsets on the market in one easy-to-use kit, including all the necessary cables for data transfer. Based on an innovative cable-design solution, it accommodates cable support for Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, LG, Sanyo, and Sony Ericsson handsets. It includes two PC connectors and nine different phone connectors to support the most popular handset models on the market. Simply, plug the corresponding phone connector into your PC and start transferring data right away. It is the perfect solution for end-users who own two or more mobile phones.
Universal Kit Benefits:
- Transfer contacts from one cell phone to the next in seconds.
- Save money on cable purchases by getting ten different cables at less than the price of two regular cables.
- Perfect solution for multiple-phone users or a family.
Plus DataPilot Benefits:
- One central location for your cell phone, contact management software, and PDA contacts that you can carry anytime, anywhere.
- No more hassles punching in all those numbers! Now you can conveniently add, edit, and delete cell phone numbers from your computer with easy transfer to your cell phone.
- Lost your cell phone and all of your contacts are gone? DataPilot backs up all contact information for easy retrieval of your most important data.
- Thought about upgrading your cell phone but you don't want to re-type all your numbers in by hand? DataPilot transfers your contact data from one phone to another with just one click.
- Always on time at your appointments? Stay in sync with your schedule in Outlook or make your own calendar from your PC and transfer it to your cell phone.
- On the road and still working? Now, you can access your e-mail and Internet on the go, by setting up your cell phone as a wireless modem.
- Guess who's calling? DataPilot brings your favorite ringtones and pictures into your cell phone so you can assign a different sound and picture for any contact in your phone book. Now you know who is calling.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Not much was supported on my new phone but all I wanted was to import my phone directory rather than have to enter several hundred numbers manually -- and importing the directory was one of the functions supported. I was not able to export data from my old cell phone, an LG 5200, however. It is supposed to be supported, but I was not able to connect to it using their cable (I did not contact support and have no idea whether it was a faulty cable or problems witht the software -- personally, I suspect the cable). Instead, I imported my data from Outlook.
I discovered the hard way that line breaks in the data (the comments field) cause the software to fail the download without any meaningful error messages. After much trial and error, I discovered the problem and had to clean my data externally as there was no convenient way to do so from within the software. My next attempts failed after downloading only a few numbers as it kept reporting that the phone's memory was full. I finally figured out (again, by trial and error) that despite indications to the contrary, the software was not clearing out memory before attempting the download (though none of the old numbers could be seen in the directory). Once I cleared the directory manually from the phone, I was able to download the new directory fine.
Like I said, the software is quirky, but it did work. Frankly, I doubt that they get much assistance from the phone manufacturers; most of what they accomplish they probably do by reverse-engineering the phones, so something like the memory problem is probably understandable. If your cell phone directory is large, reentering it by hand would be a real drag -- this is not that expensive and, at least in my case, it worked well enough to be worth the cost.
I don't have a problem with my usb ports or my phones; both of which are the same model. Any other USB device I connect works with no problem whatsoever. The warning on the box tells you that if you open the box you can't return it.
This software is useless if it won't connect to the phone. Don't expect useful help from Susteen. Save your money, your time and your effort for something else.
I am so ashamed Amazon would continue to sell such a product after so many negative reviews. If Amazon had a rating system like Ebay the Datapilot would not get any customers to buy their product.
This is also the only product that I have seen that DOES NOT allow a customer to send feedback to the seller. Don't waste your time trying to get help from the company either.
The only other good point about the product is the cables it comes with as it is possible to use them with other software packages like Motorola Phone Tools.
Most recent customer reviews
Absolute CRAP! I've been in software for over 30 years and have not seen many applications as lame as this one!Read more