Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 223 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 232 reviews
on April 23, 2014
Suunto watches were always famous because of their resistance to outdoor activities. I have mine for about 2 years now, and the strap already ripped. This new one i've just acquired i thought it would be more resistant, but i'm frustrated to see the same kind of material. So i expect to buy another one in less then 2 years, and it is not cheap. I consider this product a very high cost for a low quality of what is delivered.
on December 16, 2016
This strap came with 2 of the loose end band retainers (that's all I can think of to call them) which is good, because those nearly always fail. Now I have a backup. I think Suunto just uses low quality rubber for this band. This is the 3rd one I've used (original, plus two replacements) and they always seem to weaken at those creases on the inside of the bands. I don't wear it in many extreme conditions (work in an office and around the house) take it off to shower when I remember, so maybe 50% of the time. The watch itself has held up great, but the band has a ways to go to catch it. Also, it was rather difficult to get the screws in place, you have to use TWO flat head screw drivers (one on either side of the watch body) to get this little sucker in. Not a fan of that whole process.
on December 17, 2015
This is the second watch strap for this watch. Love the watch but the strap will not last much beyond one year. The rubber compound appears to become frail and brittle over a very short time. Good quality while it last - fails miserably in about a year. Absolute junk.
on August 15, 2013
After approx 4 months of use my strap broke again. Now my watch is sitting on my desk. I will have to be desperate to purchase another.
on October 24, 2013
So, I have had my Suunto Core for 3 years and every year, I have had to buy a new band. I love my watch and yeah, I put it through hell but still! Before I got my Suunto I had a cheap Timex watch with a rubber strap and it lasted 5 years! It just bothers me to have to keep buying ~$50 bands every year.
on August 10, 2015
Like for many others, same issue here: The strap breaks after a while. In my case, I am on my third. I use the watch 30-50% of the time and the strap breaks every 18-24 months without being a heavy duty user...
It's really 4 stars for the Core - but 1 star for the wrist band. At $50 a pop, it sums up. At this stage, I would not buy a Core anymore only for the breaking strap issue.
on July 3, 2015
Like everyone else has said, bought it because the small piece that holds the strap down breaks every year. I have to buy a strap every year. This one fit perfect and came with 2 of the strap holders verse one. UPDATE: after having this strap for a while now the strap sleeves constantly move and do not stay put causing me to adjust them A LOT. Very annoying. The clasp is plastic and did not have screws like my OEM one did. Clearly a knock off. Not like the picture they have advertised.
on January 4, 2017
I bought this band for my son. It replaces his original band, which is the exact same band, which just snapped in half after about two years of wear. He's in the military and uses his watch as a military necessity. But just how much can I love an expensive replacement band for an expensive watch when the band lasts only two years?
on May 6, 2015
So after a couple of years, my "stock" strap for my Core gave in. Not the strap really but the thing that holds the strap after you buckle.

This one has TWO of those on it so if one breaks, you'd have a backup. Nothing too fancy. If you have a Core it's the same strap but with two of the things that hold your strap after buckled AND its blacked out. So it has a cool factor to it.

Here's to hoping it gives me another couple of years of use.
on May 26, 2017
Very disappointed in the quality of this strap.

The strap split near one of the clasp holes within about 2 months of purchase.