Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kidz Bop All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Showing 1-10 of 146 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 170 reviews
on September 10, 2017
Really wanted to love this watch, but after a few years of ownership, I'm really not impressed enough to keep using it. I hike a lot in the PNW, so lots of ridgelines -- usually in valleys. This watch takes a very long time to get an initial fix, and then loses it when I am moving. Better-served by a dedicated GPS unit (e.g. my garmin has no issue accurately tracking me in same terrain).

I'd only use this for track-back / hiking in areas with good sky visibility. It is not an acceptable backup GPS (e.g. trackback for if primary GPS fails), and is not even a good hiking distance-tracker.
on May 17, 2017
I was looking for a good outdoor sports watch. The Suunto brand popped up in some online guides; and that was the first time I have heard of Suunto. I decided to try this brand out. I had this watch for about 3 and a half years; and it's still going strong.

PROS:
A lot of features

Feels well-built

Long battery life

GPS locates you pretty quickly

The digital compass was extremely accurate when compared with an analog compass.

Creating routes for the watch is useful; and I don’t see myself getting lost.

Can choose what fields (like current heart rate, speed, altitude, etc.) you want to see for each exercise

CONS:
Expensive

The watch and its strap do not ergonomically fit my small wrist. So when I use it for a long time (like over an hour) I would get some very minor bruises on my wrist.

On some very rare occasions, the altimeter/barometer either didn't work or went haywire.

You can upload your data to the movescount website. But what if you want to backup or export all of your “moves” (aka your workouts) to say, xls, with one click? No can do. You’ll need to export each move one by one which is a hassle.

There are rare occasions where the moveslink program is buggy.

You can’t wirelessly upload your watch data to the computer.

I am not satisfied with Suunto's customer service. I ordered another heart rate belt from the Suunto website, and a couple of weeks later I never received it. I sent an email to them for a reminder. But I still haven't received the heart rate belt.
on November 24, 2016
Everithing excellent.-
on November 16, 2016
Works great
on October 23, 2016
Took me a bit of while to write this. But I am soo very happy with this watch that I was compelled to write this review.
The only thing that I can complain about is the fit, its because of the GPS knob. But, even thats ignored considering the accuracy, instantaneous gps reception and the alien look factor 🤣
I skipped the expensive ambit3 and garmins for these reasons..
1. Got an excellent deal from the seller Nomlad32
2. I didn't care about the smart watch & bluetooth connectivity feature (whatever you do is eventually planned, and PC is a better place to do that) also I believe that changing settings via phone feature makes you mess with the settings more rather than using it.
3. Amazing battery backup, super for ultra milers. It surely won't ditch you mid-way like a garmin.
4. Minimalistic and bang on watch Interface.
5. Sturdy, built like a tank!! Its calling you for an adventure.

Absolutely loving my watch :)
Hope this review helps :)
on October 19, 2016
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 11, 2016
Love it, tough as hell, reliable, long lasting battery, I'd buy it again in a heart beat.
on September 13, 2016
Suunto does not make very fancy watches but it works great under any circumstances. Display is easy to read and I love all the functions on it. If you're a runner, cyclist, hiker or all the above, this is a must have watch and the battery last easily a couple of weeks.
on July 24, 2016
watch very good quality, use it for anything in the pool and in the sea , give me exact detail of my training , I'm happy with my Ambit 2
on May 5, 2016
I returned it. It was way too big and bulky.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.