Suunto Core Classic Watch - Red Crush
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Band Material Type||Elastometer|
|Dial Color||Black digital|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Core Red Crush
- Black plastic
- Digital quartz
Customers also viewed these products
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
The Outdoor Watch
Designed to be your reliable companion wherever you go
The essence of the great outdoors is distilled into Suunto Core. Combining an altimeter, barometer and a compass with weather information, it will bring out the explorer in you.
Determine your current elevation, track your ascent or descent and gauge your overall progress on a climb – ideal for mountaineers, skiers and wilderness travelers.
Forecast sudden alterations in the weather by keeping a close eye on the air pressure trend. Get heads up on possible storm – and take the necessary precautions to help make your journey safe and successful.
Navigate and pinpoint locations to safely find your way through wilderness and in whiteout conditions.
Sunrise / Sunset
Never run out of daylight. Sunrise and sunset times available for over 400 locations worldwide .
Suunto was born in 1936 when Finnish orienteer and engineer Tuomas Vohlonen invented the mass production method for the liquid-filled compass. Since then, Suunto has been at the forefront of design and innovation for sports watches, dive computers and sports instruments used by adventurers all over the globe. From the highest mountains to the deepest oceans, Suunto physically and mentally equips outdoor adventurers to conquer new territory.
Please note that Suunto products will not ship internationally. Suunto CoreAltimeter with altitude log memory and altitude difference measurementBarometer with storm alarm and weather trend indicatorAutomatic Alti / Baro switchCompass with semi automatic calibration and a digital bearingDepth meterMultiple watch, date and alarm functions with dual time and countdown timerSunrise/Sunset times for over 400 locations worldwideDigital thermometerMenu based user interface in English, German, French and SpanishAvailable in a range of stylesAccessory strapsUser-replaceable batteryEvery great adventure starts from within. From a drive to seek out new places and discover new experiences. Your passion is our inspiration. Suunto Core is the essential outdoor watch with a pioneering spirit designed to bring out the explorer in you.The award-winning Suunto Core gathers a range of data to help you navigate your way through the wilder parts of the world.AltimeterThe altimeter features a range up to 9000m (29 500 ft). It is ideally suited for all activities where knowing your altitude and ascent and descent rates is essential. The Core altimeter sports an altitude difference measurement that allows you to track your progress in terms of altitude climbed. The log recorder stores all your movements in altitude between the start and stop times, so you can re-live your trip at home - view graphs of changes in altitude during your treks, find out how much you climbed, the duration of ascents and descents, average ascent and descent speed and more.BarometerSuunto Core displays the current sea level pressure as a detailed graph, showing recording of the last 24 hours with a recording interval of 30 minutes. The weather trend indicator is a useful feature providing quick reference to check upcoming weather conditions. The storm alarm notifies you of a sudden drop in air pressure, which may be related to worsening weather conditions.Automatic Alti/Baro switchSuunto Core sports an Automa
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 5 x 4 x 4 inches; 2.08 Ounces
- Item model number : SS018810000
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Date First Available : February 9, 2012
- Manufacturer : Suunto
- ASIN : B007A762CQ
- Best Sellers Rank: #4,102,175 in Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry (See Top 100 in Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry)
- Customer Reviews:
Only ship within continental US
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. All the functions of the Sunnto Core Crush (Red) were as described online and it looked really good in the flesh.
2.The watched function very well with all features that it contained.
1. I wasn't too impressed on the barometer and altimeter functions having an auto feature that would report changes in these variables with an alarm that I could not turn off when it changed between functions.
2. The weather change indicator was also a bit of a disappointment. Although it showed trends towards decreasing, steady, or increasing pressures with a vector-like arrow indicator, I missed a true weather icon (cloud, rain, sunshine, partly cloudy, etc) that was available with HighGear Summit watch.
3. Finally, what really turned me off that I could absolutely not get used to was the black face with white alpha-numerics. Unlike the pic on-line, the brightness of of this system was never enough for me. I went to Suunto on line and attempted to increase the contrast and brightness of the letter/numbers but could not get it bright enough to really see it well with a day time and evening settings. This was also commented about in other customer reviews. Again, my Summit watch's face was really easy to read compared to the Suunto Core.
So due to the cons, unfortunately, I've sent the watch back for a refund and Amazon made it happen without an issue. I'm still debating to whether go with another Suunto Core with a white face with black alpha-numerics which would be the only option I would consider in the Suunto watch line right now.
The display is huge. The digits are huge, but the glass & bezel are way too glossy. I had a hard time reading it in sunny outdoor conditions and was constantly turning on the back lighting to be able to make it out. Again, this is not a problem I have with my Timex.
For a watch at this price point I expected it to exceed what a $70.00 Timex could do. Unfortunately it does not.
Getting the strap off was sort of an ordeal (hence four stars instead of five). The flat head screws it's attached with don't have much purchase, and I'm pretty sure it's lightly glued together. I ended up scratching some paint off of one, and had to torque it harder than I was comfortable with. If you find yourself in that situation, I recommend putting one screwdriver in a vice or pair of vice grips, which allows you to hold the watch more securely.
Overall I'm pretty happy with the Core. Though I haven't put it though what I'd call strenuous testing, I have used all of its features at one time or another. I got it for hiking and camping, but I like the look enough to use it as my everyday watch. Gotta love watching the barometer and predicting rain.