Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 3, 2014
I purchased this watch for the elevation and HR functions primarily, as I like to backpack in the Rocky Mountains and often am above 10,000 feet. I find it to be quite accurate as the HR goes and acceptable when measuring altitude. One issue I notice is that the face scratches easily, which is dumb because this watch is meant to be outdoors, where there are sharp objects everywhere. The watch looks cool and is sizeable. It is easy to read. If you are looking for a simple watch, this isn't it. It is complicated, so read the owners manual. I still haven't used all of the features, and I've owned it for just under a year. For the price it is pretty good but could be more durable on the face. The watch strap has held together nicely.
9 people found this helpful
on January 19, 2015
Good intro to Suunto. Size and appearance are exactly what Suunto fans are looking for. The display is light, I'm sure you've no doubt read that 1000 times for this watch. However, you get used to it and its not that big a deal. My only gripe is that the plastic face scratches VERY easily. I have a large scratch right down the middle from something (who knows what) I did on accident. HR monitor is the reason I got this unit and It works fine. 4/5 stars is an honest appraisal. Face it, you want a Suunto but don't want to buy the expensive ones... well, you get what you pay for. Know that going in to it. Oh, and I've not broken my strap yet and I've not been easy on it so I don't echo those gripes I've read alot about from other posters.
One person found this helpful
on November 30, 2010
Not much I can say except this watch is awesome. I've seen many other models of SUUNTO watches and always wanted one but didn't want to pay the money. Now that I got one...well worth it. The heart rate feature is really nice b/c now I have a watch, altimeter, barometer, compass,...all for everyday use and for use when I camp or hike...and I can monitor my heart rate when I'm doing circuit training or just running. To me it's def a great all around watch. A lot of people say they're too hard to learn b/c of all the features but I didn't see any problems. After playing around with it for about an hour or so I had all the functions down. I will also say that I hardly wear watches b/c of "comfort" issues and this is the most comfortable watch I've ever worn. The band feels really nice andthe watch is really light compared to it's size.
19 people found this helpful
on September 8, 2016
Crap do I hate this company. Every product seems designed to have some piece break or fall off. They make a killing on the replacement parts. After two watches, I'm finally giving up on getting any kind of quality out of these guys. The bezel on this watch popped off. C'Mon - it's not that hard to make a watch where this doesn't happen - unless of course it's by design that it does and you get to charge $79 for a new stinking piece of plastic.
on February 20, 2014
Ok, the headline is me joking around. This is a nice watch overall. I do wish the band could be removed and another band with a cover could be used. The way the band connects, it just doesn't work. I was hoping to use something like that to protect the watch face on hikes, especially off the beaten path.

There were some reviews i had read that said the Temperature is worthless because the reading pulls body temperature. That seems true but taking the watch off at night, especially if you are hiking, it will give accurate readings and just put it on in the morning. Other than that, do you really need to know how cold it is outside?
on February 25, 2015
I bought this watch to allow my failing eyes to read the time of day more easily. Even with the help of the temporary light for the clock face, it's too dim to read. The user manual is voluminous; no wonder it's not included in the box! I would like a watch settings that can be adjusted without having to sit at my computer for a half=hour trying to find the features I want to adjust. As for Amazon, I'll have to send this message on faith--this 2-pt font is too small and faint for proper proof reading.
2 people found this helpful
on January 11, 2011
This watch is gold. After using for nearly 3 weeks now it has performed with no faults and lived up to my expectations.

The watch arrived after roughly 1 week from the order being placed and for myself in the location I'm in that's pretty good. It arrived in a neat package which I was very excitied to open and once I had opened it I was presented with a beautiful looking watch, displayed flawlessly in position.
After taking the watch out and getting into the ducks guts of the watch(functions etc) I was amazed at how easy and simple the functions and heart rate monitor are to set up espically with the easy to follow instructions.
I've been testing the watch out in the gym here,(mainly for the heart rate funtion to see how accurate it was and true to form in matched it with my old Polar RS200 watch and even bettered it( Though I must say the Polar has seen better days) and not only that like the Polar it was compatible with all of the HR monitor systems on the workout machines (treadmills, stationary bikes etc.)

My only gripe with thiis watch is the audible sounds when switching between menus, I'd like to have that function on the watch just so I know that when I do accidently switch over I can tell it has happened so I know whats going on.

Other than that small gripe, this watch and the customer service I recieved with this watch from the watchshop has been great.
3 people found this helpful
on October 28, 2014
This is one of the best watches ever made. Does so many things it's too many to say. Keeps great time, mine hasn't lost any time at all. Is well worth the money you buy for one. It's so big people notice it quickly and they say alot of good things about the watch.
on October 23, 2014
I wear it as my every day watch. It also comes in handy at spin classes to let me know I'm not really having a heart attack, just out of shape.
on May 13, 2011
I bought this watch having in mind I could use it for basically any outdoor sports. The heart rate monitor works really well, altimeter works almost to the meter (although I learned after a while that I have to adjust the altitude every time I see a sign with the altitute) but it works really well, to the meter!

The only negative side is the thermometer. Not very smart of Suunto of installing the temperature sensor under the watch (in contact with the skin). So, when you've been outside when its freezing cold, it's showing a temperature of 26- 30 celsius; 78-86 Fahrenheit. The compass also works really well.

Otherwise, I am really happy with the watch. Great tool for outdoor sports.
13 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.