Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

• Customer Reviews

on March 6, 2017
As a number of people have mentioned, the screw holding the band to the watch has a tendency to fall out. A month ago, Suunto graciously informed me that they would send me a replacement. Still no screw, thus no working watch. So, I reached out to Suunto asking if they could provide me the size of the screw, and I'd buy a replacement as they can't seem to fulfill their original promise of sending one. Their response was that they don't supply this kind of information. So, for $45 I get about 2 days use of it. Crappy band - use the loctite as others have mentioned, but on top of that, Suuntos response has been deplorable. Never never buying another item from them, This is my second watch from them, and second crappy interaction with them.
on April 7, 2017
I bought this watch band for my husband as a replacement for the original Suunto Core strap (which is also very poor quality and broke after 6 months of normal wear). This strap was even worse, and broke after only 3 months of normal wear. After paying over $45 for a watch band, I expect it to last longer. Don't waste your money.

I emailed the seller, Crazy Deals LLC, and they said there is a 45 day return window. They instructed me I have to contact Suunto directly and file a claim. Not sure its worth the time and effort; why would I want to get another band that will just break again?

Rant: How can Suunto not be aware of the quality of their watch bands? A quick search online shows several negative reviews of how quickly their bands break. It almost seems like Suuntoo is aware, and content with the quality, as customers are forced to buy a replacement band every few months. Not a good strategy for keeping customers. Wish I would of known, would of never bought. My husband is now back to wearing a $30 Timex Men's Ironman, where the band has lasted for over 5 years. Step up your game @Suunto.
review imagereview imagereview image
on May 29, 2015
Broke the strap on my Suunto Core. There is nothing fun about the price to replace the strap no matter what but this one was about the least painful. It is a Suunto brand strap but not the standard one that comes with the watch. This one is a little bit of an upgrade, uses those metal brackets to adapt from the watch itself to these straps. The beauty is that with these adapters you can now use any normal strap, I believe up to 24mm. The good is this strap is every bit as good/comfy as the original and then some. If I want something different I have an endless list of options. (As as side note, I read of a lot of people complaining about the small screws and how hard this was to install. It's not bad at all. I bet none of those people complaining have ever had a piercing involving a barbell. Same concept.)
review image
on July 17, 2016
Hubby has worn the same watch daily (to work) for over two years. The band broke recently and this was the closest we could find to match it. Visually, the only difference is this band has two of the loops that you pull the excess band through instead of one. (I suppose this is a positive. :)) Quality seems good, and I will update this review if any component fails down the road.
review imagereview imagereview image
on December 8, 2016
band is great...the screws to secure it to the watch stink!!! They send you 2 long bolts with frankly micro screw heads. Impossible to properly screw it and so easy to loose as you're assembling, it's stupid. If you are looking to change out your band from the original...KEEP THE ORIGINAL SCREWS!!! Thankfully I did and took the watch back to the shop for repair and they secured the original screws into this new band. All okay...so far. So great band, sucky screws. Then the original is sucky band, great screws. Come on Suunto...for as much as you charge for these watches your materials need a vast improvement!! Not happy and probably my last Suunto watch. Don't need to have the band break in a year and then risk loosing my watch due to crappy design parameters.
on January 18, 2016
I bought this band as the replacement to the original band that came with my Suunto Core. The original band of the watch cracked after a couple years requiring me to purchase this band. The band color is is not as back as the original band and stands out when replaced. Besides the small difference in color, the band has proven durable and better made than the original band. The design is also different than the original; however, it does a far better job of accommodating wrist sizes and it is quiet comfortable. This is a good replacement band for the Suunto Core.
on August 11, 2014
Great strap, much more sturdy than the original band that comes with the Core. This makes the second Core I've added the strap to. The original band retention strap seems to wear out after about 8-12 months of hard use. Fantastic add on if you tend to be very active and rougher than the average Joe. Had one throughout a 14 month deployment to Afghanistan and it performed flawlessly. Only complaint I have is the screws that come with this band are VERY small (don't lose one) and difficult to work with if you have lumbersome hands and less than adequate eyesight. I've had to use a pair of needle tip tweezers to pick the screws up. Also, you may want to add a small amount of lock-tite before you put them back in. If you lose a screw, you will be screwed.
on March 15, 2016
This review is for the Band & Watch.
Band I ordered was the exact replacement of the band that came with my watch. I wear it daily including workouts and golf. Band lasted just over a year. While the Core is a good looking watch with some unique functions, a new band every year for the price of a Timex Ironman may have had me rethinking my original purchase. Although the Timex band breaks every year too, at least you get a whole new watch.
As for the watch, it stopped working after 10 months. But Suunto was quick to send a reconditioned replacement free of charge.
Overall - I really like the look and function of the watch. For the price I expected the watch and the band to be trouble free for a lot longer.
on June 22, 2017
The watch band material is better that the original product. The attachment screw design however is very poor and can lead to the loss of your watch. One end of each of 4 attachment screws is very short and easily came loose within a week of attaching the band. The screw was well tightened. The other screws keep loosening also. I would advise putting some glue or other securing substance in the thread to avoid loss; however that would mess up the look of your watch. I tried to contact Suunto about the screw but there was no good way to get a response from their website.
review image
on September 3, 2016
Product looks, and feels just like the one it came with. Great fit, style and perfectly comfortable. The band goes on easily enough just a little time and effort. Only down side is just like the original one I don't see this lasting more then two years. I would have like to seen a upgraded material or added metal reinforcement, or thicker material to improve the life expectancy on this item. I can get two years on the most temperamental leather band, and I feel these bands should last twice that.