Customer Reviews: Svan Signet Essential Chair - Mahogany
Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 New Professional Skin Care Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Elvis Presley Shop Cycling on Amazon

on December 23, 2012
We bought this chair because it looks classier than your average high chair and we always go for convertible items if possible. We bought this chair when my daughter was an infant and she now uses it as 3 year old. She is able to get up and down on her own and it will grow with her. We loved the chair so much that our son now has his own.
on October 29, 2015
This is a great chair to have in a modern home with kids. I hate all the look of high chairs on the market. I was looking at the Svan Signet and Stokke chairs. I decided to purchased this one as it's less expensive and I actually like the color of Mahogany a lot! It's very modern, stylish and minimalist at the same time. Very easy to installed. I was surprised as to how light this chair is, too light that I would be worried if I were to have my niece on it when she's hyper. I'm always worried as to when she will fall or what they can do to hurt themselves accidentally. Wish it comes with baby/infant kits for the price. So far, no fading or scratching on wood yet. Low and can be put around the island or dining table.
Disclosure: This product was receive at a discount in exchange for an honest, unbiased, review. The reviews on this is 100% my own. Your experience and opinion may differ. No monitory compensation was received and I was not required to write a positive review. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsement and Testimonials in Advertising.
on March 11, 2016
We have a love-hate relationship with this chair. The features that we love are the staining (the mahogany is perfectly crafted and the chair is the most beautiful thing in our kitchen). We also love how easy it was to put this chair together (it took about 2 hours and took no more tools than an Allen wrench). We also love that the chair can be used with a growing baby (we started at 9 months and are still using this chair for our child who is now 14 months old). The chair will last well beyond her toddler years and can be used for our second child. We love that the chair is the perfect height to our kitchen table (this obviously will vary by family). The chair allows my daughter to sit at the table with us for her meals and she can easily reach for her cup and food.

Now, the things that we hate. It is difficult to clean between the grooves of the chair where food will fall, so be forewarned to use a cloth so that you avoid this nightmare. It also is best to just go ahead and purchase the baby kit that can be added to this chair. The straps that come with just this kit are not the best at holding in a squirmy kid. The straps are not mounted to the chair therefore they move when the child moves. I would suggest that the company make this change in the future. I have been concerned about safety at times. If the straps were better constructed this would be a perfect chair. See pictures for more details.

I purchased this item with the help of a promotion but all opinions are 100% my own.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on November 30, 2013
We bought this high chair because, like others, we loved the design, that it would grow with our son and that it didn't stick out like a sore thumb around our dinning room table. We are very unhappy/disappointed at how this chair looks so worn. Our son has used it for about 18 months but it looks like we have had it for years (the finish literally just gets stripped off). As others mentioned, we also have to pull the allen wrench out every month or two to tighten everything up as the tray does start to slant forward. This wouldn't bother me so much if the chair was made of better quality wood. We haven't had an issue with plates falling off though as the tray does have a lip on it which prevents that. It is however a very stable chair and I never have to worry about it tipping over when my son climbs on it. Being as expensive as it was, I wish Svan would use better quality wood so that it would stay looking nice longer (after all, it is designed to grow with a child into adulthood).
on September 17, 2015
I wouldn't exactly call this a "high" chair.... It's a decent piece but not nearly high enough to have my 18 month old daughter comfortably at the dinner table 😏
on May 20, 2013
Within two weeks this chair is all scratched up and looks terrible!! This is the second Svan chair I have, the first one is two years old, and looks newer than the one I just purchased. With the price of this item, I am very disappointed!