|Sale:||$179.95 & FREE Shipping. FREE Returns. Details|
|You Save:||$70.00 (28%)|
Svan Signet High Chair with Removable Tray, Red
- A safe, beautiful, practical, and long-lasting high chair!
- The award-winning high chair that grows with your child from 6 months to young adult
- Fully adjustable seat depth provides optimum torso and leg support
- Comes with wooden tray and removable, easy-toclean tray cover that is dishwasher safe and BPA and phthalate-free
- Made from sustainable wood with a lead-free finish
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
HOLIDAY SPOILER ALERT: Because this item normally ships in its original packaging, it may be visible upon delivery. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Top Customer Reviews
1) Clear plastic cover over tray was IMPOSSIBLE to get off.
2) Tray itself never sat properly in the circular niches on either side so it was always wobbly
3) While it's visually appealing, hip, something you'd like to have in your house along with all your real grown up furniture (as it will be a fixture for at least a few years, right?) it looks AWFUL now. The espresso finish Im guessing was a poor choice, but the finish dings and nicks and looks like it's been through world war III at this point. I uploaded a couple of pics.
4) there are about 800 allen wrench screw that allow for major adjustments as your kid grows, a good thing, but they loosen over time, and every few months you have to DIG THE GROSS FOOD out of each screw (and i DO wipe this thing down thoroughly each time my son eats!) so you can fit the allen wrench in (if you can FIND WHERE YOU PUT IT) and tighten each screw. I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THS SILLINESS.
5) and there are a million OTHER crevices for food to collect, I have to take it outside and scrub it with a TOOTHBRUSH on occasion just to get it clean.
I went with the oxo for my 2nd son, and am far more pleased...so far.
First lets get the price out of the way: At first I was a little wary of spending this much on a highchair, but I am so glad we did. You are not purchasing just a highchair here. This is a multistage seat that will have a place in your home well after your child is done needing a high chair. This more than justifies the price.
This chair looks great and actually doesn't take up as much space as it looks like it might from the pictures. It was very easy to set up (it took about 30 minutes for me to do it alone with my baby climbing all over it) and is easy to adjust with the included allen wrench. This is especially convenient for the foot rest as it means you can adjust it to the proper height while your child is in the highchair.
The chair itself wipes down easily - I haven't had any issues with food getting into the bolt holes, but I have only been using it for a few weeks. I haven't yet tested the cushion in the washing machine, but that is because so far a baby wipe has been enough to spot remove any stray food.
The only issue I have with this chair, and why I removed one star, is that it is somewhat cumbersome to move around.. especially if you need to move it while your child is in it. I knew it didn't have wheels before purchasing, and they would definitely hinder the design, but they would have been useful for mobility.
Even without the wheels, I would make the same decision again.
On a side note - I did a lot of research deciding between this chair and the Stokke Tripp Trapp. I have not tried the Stokke chair, so please don't take any of what I say to be absolute, but it might help you to know what points sold me on the Svan:
1.Read more ›
Editing to say-- months later and the company has never gotten back to me, either by email or phone. I have tried to contact them twice by email, twice by phone, and once by filling out their web form.
Cons: no wheels, straps are all but useless, hard to get child in and out, poor craftsmanship on pre-drilled holes at base.
This chair is beautiful and thoughtfully designed. It fits in well with our furniture and I'm sure that with an older child, the ability for the child to step up into the seat is fantastic. It was fairly easy to put together, and I really appreciated that all the small parts were encased in plastic and labeled so we didn't have to worry about finding pieces missing partway through.
Unfortunately, for now, I have to say I was unimpressed overall. I wanted to love this chair but there were just too many negatives. The lack of wheels is annoying, the straps are practically useless and always slide down my baby's shoulders. The pre-drilled holes to install the bar at the base were crooked, so I ended up stripping one of the screws while putting this together and the rest ended up crooked. It seems stable regardless, but how hard would it be to drill the holes correctly?
I think if these issues were corrected this could be a fantastic chair. Even with the problems, I still strongly prefer the aesthetic of this high chair to my Graco. But my husband can't stand all the negative aspects that make it hard to use daily. I wish this had worked better for us!
Disclaimer: I received this product at a discount in exchange for a review.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The chair is beautiful. I really am pleased with the red color it's more of a richer natural tone. My sister bought this chair for both her sons. One's 9 and the other is 5. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Parinaz
We just started doing foster care and with the first placement we just ran out an grabbed a highchair. I didn't like it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Willow Walls
Not the greatest high chair ever, but fit in with the decor of my apartment better....Published 3 months ago by Carroll
I loved this until the main wooden press board support snapped with my 22 pound daughter in it and crashed to the floor! Read morePublished 3 months ago by michelle callaghan
Looks great. Solid. Fully adjustable. And the kids love them.
Only two (very minor) complaints. Bolts on the seat base come loose. Read more
Over all, the quality on this thing is nice. It went together easy and has been used daily. This thing is standing up to the wear and tear of a baby and a toddler without issue. Read morePublished 4 months ago by C.J.
First things, I purchased mine used. So I can say it was worth what I paid. After taking it apart and getting it ready for my son I gleaned the following.
1. Read more
Looks like nice furniture. Got it for a steal on black Friday. So happy its not plastic.Published 10 months ago by NotPatient