Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Sven Aelterman
Since 2015, he's served as Cloud Software Architect for Sorrell Solutions, L.L.C., a non-profit business services firm offering Sorrell GEEKS the opportunity to participate in real-world projects.
In addition, he is the founder and principal consultant at Adduxis, where he assists customers in areas of SQL Server, high availability/disaster recovery and .NET software development. Sven focuses on application design and architecture and secure coding practices.
In 2012, he co-authored "The Art of SQL Server FILESTREAM," published by Red Gate Books. In 2018, a second book, "SQL Server 2017 Administration Inside OUT," was published by Microsoft Press. A third book, "SQL Server 2019 Administration Inside OUT," is in development for publication in late 2019 by Microsoft Press.
He received his MBA from Troy University and his bachelor's degree from the Hogeschool Gent (University College Ghent) in Belgium, his native country.
Sven is married to Ebony and they have a son, Edward, and a daughter, Sofia. They live in Troy, Alabama.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Conquer SQL Server 2019 administration–from the inside out
Dive into SQL Server 2019 administration–and really put your SQL Server DBA expertise to work. This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, tips, and workarounds–all you need to plan, implement, manage, and secure SQL Server 2019 in any production environment: on-premises, cloud, or hybrid. Six experts thoroughly tour DBA capabilities available in SQL Server 2019 Database Engine, SQL Server Data Tools, SQL Server Management Studio, PowerShell, and Azure Portal. You’ll find extensive new coverage
of Azure SQL, big data clusters, PolyBase, data protection, automation, and more. Discover how experts tackle today’s essential tasks–and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- Explore SQL Server 2019’s toolset, including the improved SQL Server Management Studio, Azure Data Studio, and Configuration Manager
- Design, implement, manage, and govern on-premises, hybrid, or Azure database infrastructures
- Install and configure SQL Server on Windows and Linux
- Master modern maintenance and monitoring with extended events, Resource Governor, and the SQL Assessment API
- Automate tasks with maintenance plans, PowerShell, Policy-Based Management, and more
- Plan and manage data recovery, including hybrid backup/restore, Azure SQL Database recovery, and geo-replication
- Use availability groups for high availability and disaster recovery
- Protect data with Transparent Data Encryption, Always Encrypted, new Certificate Management capabilities, and other advances
- Optimize databases with SQL Server 2019’s advanced performance and indexing features
- Provision and operate Azure SQL Database and its managed instances
- Move SQL Server workloads to Azure: planning, testing, migration, and post-migration
Conquer SQL Server 2017 administration—from the inside out
Dive into SQL Server 2017 administration—and really put your SQL Server DBA expertise to work. This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, tips, and workarounds—all you need to plan, implement, manage, and secure SQL Server 2017 in any production environment: on-premises, cloud, or hybrid. Four SQL Server experts offer a complete tour of DBA capabilities available in SQL Server 2017 Database Engine, SQL Server Data Tools, SQL Server Management Studio, and via PowerShell. Discover how experts tackle today’s essential tasks—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
• Install, customize, and use SQL Server 2017’s key administration and development tools
• Manage memory, storage, clustering, virtualization, and other components
• Architect and implement database infrastructure, including IaaS, Azure SQL, and hybrid cloud configurations
• Provision SQL Server and Azure SQL databases
• Secure SQL Server via encryption, row-level security, and data masking
• Safeguard Azure SQL databases using platform threat protection, firewalling, and auditing
• Establish SQL Server IaaS network security groups and user-defined routes
• Administer SQL Server user security and permissions
• Efficiently design tables using keys, data types, columns, partitioning, and views
• Utilize BLOBs and external, temporal, and memory-optimized tables
• Master powerful optimization techniques involving concurrency, indexing, parallelism, and execution plans
• Plan, deploy, and perform disaster recovery in traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments
For Experienced SQL Server Administrators and Other Database Professionals
• Your role: Intermediate-to-advanced level SQL Server database administrator, architect, developer, or performance tuning expert
• Prerequisites: Basic understanding of database administration procedures
This book will help you get started with FILESTREAM quickly, and then help you master all essential aspects of programming and administering FILESTREAM-enabled databases.