SwaddleMe Small/Med 7-14lb - Ivory
- 100% certified organic cotton
- Adjustable infant wrap stays snug
- Soothes infants and reduces symptoms of colic
- May reduce the risk of SIDS
- Soft fabric wings hugs your baby
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
We didn't swaddle our baby for the first week or so, mostly because we couldn't figure it out. It is *not* hard to figure out mind you, but we were slightly overwhelmed and seriously sleep deprived parents. During that week, baby would wake up soon after falling asleep over and over. Once we took five seconds to figure out how to get him into a nice snug swaddle, we experienced our first five hour stretch of sleep (breastfed baby)! Since then, we've tried to put him down without the swaddler, but flailing arms soon wake him up.
Organic Cotton vs. Non-Organic Cotton vs. Bamboo
The non-organic ones have shrunk and toughened. The bamboo is very soft and lightweight, but baby is able to get out of it fairly easily. The organics are my favorite by far because they have kept their shape, size, and softness after daily washings (warm water). Bonus is that they also have cute little bear velcro closures whereas the others do not and organic farming is good for the environment.
I recommend getting a few because if baby spits up on it, it is good to have a dry spare ready to go in the middle of the night.
Our baby sleeps with a diaper and this swaddler. (Summer)
We then turned to the "miracle blanket" which worked well (better), but was cumbersome to put on (it has to be wrapped a number of times around the child, often waking them up or irritating them in the process). Plus it retails for like $30.
I then bought one of these swaddling blankets, and was amazed at how easy it was to put on, and how effective it was. The kid sleeps in it every night.
Honestly, this is the only blanket we really needed, at least for the first few months. It's a great example of how the most expensive baby item is not the best one. I give one of these to all my pregnant friends!
Also, its easy to wash, and we let it air dry to save the velcro (& energy.) Since it's light, it dries quickly.
To give you an idea of size, my daughter's 3 months old, 24in, 13lbs and I'm only just now back to buy the next size up of this swaddler. She's used it since she was a newborn and hasn't quite outgrown it yet, but she's close.
We hoped a blanket cut for swaddling with the velcro would be the solution...
However, two problems:
1. It doesn't fit properly and she works herself loose despite the velcro - the velcro contact patches are very small - there should be a broader strip of velcro to attach to so it is more adjustable. Our daughter is small, and it is just too big on her. She swims in it. We hope it will work better when she gets bigger.
2. Fleece - decent winter solution, but terrible in the summer. And terrible if you keep your house over 60 degrees. If only it came in a lighter material (we haven't found it).
Oh well... it definitely seems to work for some, so don't use our review as your only basis.
THAT BEING SAID, HOWEVER, we found two other options:
1) When our kids were very young (-> 1 month) we used a large waffle weave blanket from Target (~$5) and it worked wonderfully... we can wrap it tight, and she does work herself loose after about 3 hours, but it is better than any of the previous solutions.
2) the Amazing Miracle Blanket (another swaddling blanket), was our by far favorite swaddling blanket
One other note about swaddling - whenever she has been properly swaddled (usually by an expert) she loves it... We initially told some folks who have a lot of experience with children that she liked to have her arms loose. the response we got is that most babies behave that way, and it really is the small minority of babies that don't really like swaddling. Now that we know how to do it properly, we would agree.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love this product! The easiest way to swaddle especially if you like leaving the arms out. He feels comforted as soon as I put it on and falls to sleep shortly after.Published 2 months ago by KC
Best brand. Way easy. Loved this and started with newborn size.Published 2 months ago by Caryn Gillen
I was impressed with the quality of the product. As a baby shower gift, this was one of two items that I chose and glad I did since the recipient was very pleased! Read morePublished 4 months ago by Shelly007
Love the Swaddleme swaddles, as they work great for keeping baby snug and secure while sleeping. Only negative for this particular one is that it is more like an infant size. Read morePublished 4 months ago by ava
Amazing adjustable swaddle. Nice and thin so baby doesn't get overheated.Published 4 months ago by Nina M.
Who can tell me if it was designed like this? The first swaddle me I had bought had no such a hole. I am confused. Its package is ok and the hole's edge was likely amended.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer