Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $7.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Swann Outdoor Home Security IP Camera, 1080p Wifi Surveillance Cam, IP66 Weatherproof Rating, Night Vision, Heat & Motion Sensor, Wi-Fi Alexa + Google, SWWHD-OUTCAM, White
Enhance your purchase
|Alert Type||Motion Only|
|Wireless Communication Technology||Wi-Fi|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p|
|Night Vision Range||100 Feet|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Weatherproof - it’s built tough for the outdoors & can withstand sunshine, rain, snow & More
- Audio capture - hear what's happening onscreen & off Screen including conversations, noise, siren & More
- See everything 24/7 - see everything thanks to a wide 110 Degree viewing angle & 100ft/30M night vision.
- Free local storage. Save up to 7 days (hundreds) of short video clips to the camera’s built-in memory
- Secure cloud storage Also available. Enjoy 2 days of free storage to secure cloud with the ability to expand that to 30 days & many more clips.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
True Detect™ Thermal Sensing
Reliably records and sends push notifications when it detects warm movement, such as people.
Full HD 1080p Resolution
Capture fine details like faces and clothing patterns which are essential for evidence
A Closer Look
Mount it outdoors. IP66* rating. Built to withstand rain, shine, snow & dust.
*All Swann cameras are rigorously tested against intrusion from foreign bodies (tools, dirt etc) and moisture
Audio enriches evidence
Identify voices by gender, age & accent. Hear off-screen noises & record conversations
Direct wireless connection to Wi-Fi router. No hub, no DVR
Features & Benefits
Infrared night vision
See in the dark up to 26ft (8m) for round-the-clock evidence and protection
Secure cloud storage
Smartphone viewing from anywhere
See live or playback from anywhere in the world at any time
Add cameras, same app
Create an ecosystem with compatible cameras, all under the ‘SAFE by Swann’ app
Compare with similar items
Connects wireless or wired. Connect in minutes to your Wi-Fi network or use the Ethernet port for a wired connection. No need for a hub or DVR.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have had a camera in the front of my house for many years. I used to have the motion detection feature on and a single small square detection area on my driveway, but would still get so many false alarms from wind, leaves, even when clouds would change the amount of light, that I ended up turning it off. About six months ago I decided to try and get a camera that would fix this problem. I focused on cameras that stated they had human detection or had a PIR feature (Passive Infrared). Success was to accurately detect a human and not trigger false alarms. Foscam G2 nope, Blink nope, Nest nope, Arlo nope, Wyze nope, Reolink Argus Eco nope, Reolink Argus 2 nope, Reolink Argus Pro nope, then finally this Swann SWWHD-OUTCAM - YES. Finally!!
Good thing #1 - PIR detection is amazing. The camera records a few seconds before the event so you don't get the back of people's heads, It also records people walking directly toward the camera (something that many PIR cameras were unable to do).
Good thing #2 - Free cloud storage (Unlimited Storage for alarms for 2 days)
Good thing #3 - Internal SD card is included (undetermined size but has all my alarms for a week on it - about 60 and still recording)
Good thing #4 - The sound recording is incredible. I can hear clearly normal conversations by people walking on the sidewalk on the other side of the street.
Good think #5 - The camera records fairly clearly and in high definition both night and day (many cameras record in a lower definition even if the default is high definition)
Good thing #6 - It is fairly ease to see, review and download alarm recordings from the the cloud.
Now the bad.
First I had to wait three days to confirm my email address (never received the email from Swann that had the confirmation link in it) and you must confirm you email before you can install the camera. Customer service was available, even at odd hours, but ended up being completely useless. 2 weeks later, they still have not responded to my emails, or online case creation.
The app for this camera is almost unusable and complete featureless. You can't a date/time overlay on the camera which is amazing for a security camera, much less move it to the corner of your choice. There are no controls for the camera at all other than image quality (low-med-high) and motion sensitivity (slider from off to high). No WDR. No contrast or brightness image control. No band width selection. No modification of FPS. There is a button to see and download the backup files on the internal storage, but the app is unable complete the download 9 out of 10 times.
No apparent ONVIF or RTSP support so you can't use it as a 24/7 security camera or with iSpy etc.
In the end, this is the camera I kept in spite of its flaws because when it alarms, there is a person in the video, and that is what counts for me. No more wind driven, leaf shaking, shadow moving, false alarms for me.
I would like to "0" star for this services and product I have received from AMAZON
Top reviews from other countries
I'd have kept the cameras, but for the 'Safe by Swann' app, In fact, every Swann app I've tried has been disappointing. In particular, clip length is fixed at 30 seconds and there seems no way of recording contiguous clips. I see someone coming down the drive but then the recording stops! At least it does pre-record. There's no way of viewing clips on Windows, unless I missed something, although it's probably possible to download them - can't remember.
There's local recording to an in-camera SD card and you get two days' free cloud storage. Beyond that, the cloud subscription is the highest I came across, at £8/month for 10 days' storage and £20/month for 30 days! Per camera!!
There's no perfect CCTV camera out there, or not for me, that I could find. Ring and Nest give you no choice but to pay for a subscription. Arlo is good but expensive. Logitech Circle 2 has a 180-degree angle of view, which may suit some applications, but I found I had to zoom in so much to see faces and number plates that were unrecognisable. The Netatmo Presence is a big, ugly brute, to my eyes, expensive too, and installation is ludicrously badly thought-out, but image quality is very good and the app is great at distinguishing between animals, cars and people, letting you customise actions for each (and ignoring insects); it has an SD card, can forward to Dropbox or FTP (e.g. a NAS drive), and has Google Home, Apple Homekit and IFTTT support (but NOT Amazon Echo); I even get alerts with thumbnail images on my Apple Watch.
Between camera design and poor apps, I really do feel Swann have lost their way and need to drag themselves into 2019.
For this reason i tried several security camera before therefore i am comparing swan with the others like: arlo, reolink or tonton. All af these mentioned above have failed one way or the other (arlo stopped workkng properly after dew months, reolink just sends notifications and records every cloud passing by or every fly that moves in front of it and tonton stops recording for about 30 sec after one event)
- picture quality pretty good in the daytime but i cannot recognize someone's face in night vision from 7m away
- true pir (you will not receive fake notifications of spiders or birds or just shadows moving in front of the camera)
- good sensitivity
- night mode, blury image of moving objects (you cannot take a snapshot of a moving object and get a clear image as a number plate for example)
- android app doesnt work good as it doesnt beep for all notifications (some do and some don't with no apparent reason). THIS SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM WITH SAMSUNG and not with swan as i have the same app on iphone and it works spot on.
Also i trial other security camera apps and they all seem to have problem with receiving notifications only with samsung.
Samsung app seems not to beep if the phone is on stand by for a while but as soon as you turn the screen on, you receive several notifications from.the passed events, at the same time
Updates to this review after almost 1 year of having swann:
- app changes which makes the camera almost useless as the notification message doesnt take you to the actual footage but to a list of videos recorded that day.
- videos are listed in an unusual way by the hours which makes it difficult to understand which is the last video recorded (last video in the list is the first video of the current hour)
- camera disconnecting and remaining disconnected for 24 hours without being able to troubleshoot in any way.
- after 24 hours camera came to live but now it’s alerting me when someone passes in front of it but there is no video on the cloud or on the device. The device is displaying an error message and i cannot access any videos
- if you get a chance to see the videos, thay play in fast forward half way
- app for ios is really bad as if you try and download a video from the cloud, it would not let it save in your video/pictures folder as it did on previous app. When you do get to save them, they are someplace in the Files folder saved with a name impossible to remember and i could not find a way to get apple phone to play the format.
- allthough is a PIR camera, i found that after a year it started to play up as now, if it’s sunny outside and the wind is blowing, the camera gets triggered every 30 seconds although there is no car or living creature in front of it.
For all these reasons i have to demote my review to one star
Sure, the 30 second or so clips aren't ideal, but it always records when it's supposed to and if the 'activity' is longer than 30 seconds, it starts a new recording.
Never had an issue with the app either. Worked every time I've tried it, and had them a month or so now.
Alexa integration is good and I can view any of my cameras via my Fire TV stick. There is a 3 or so second delay, but not a massive deal.
All in all, I'm pleased.
For: reliable, no subscription fees, solid Alexa integration, no SDcard required, reasonably priced.
Against: 30 second clips are not ideal, slight delay viewing on app or through Amazon device.
It seems well built and although the image quality isn't amazing, its adequate for what I wanted.
The issues I have, that may yet mean I return it as 'not fit for purpose' are:
- The recordings are too short. The camera doesn't record 24/7. It only saves a recording once it detects motion, and its very good at this actually. But the recordings seem to be pre set for 30 seconds. So I always miss the ned of an event. For example, the postman comes onto the drive towards the letter box, puts the letters in, starts to head back out the drive... and the recording ends... What if he bumped into one of my cars on the way out? I'll never have proof now. I feel there should be a setting in the app where you can specify the recording length after motion is detected.
- Less critical, but equally as annoying, I'd like to be able to toggle on/off alerts from within the app. If I've got 2 cameras pointing at the drive from different angles, I don't need them both to alert me.
- The live view regularly fails to load when you open the app. I mean 8/10 times it doesn't load. You have to force close the app and re open it and then the live view comes up. (iPhone 7+ with ios12.1.1)
With the app issues ironed out I'd say it would be a 3/4 star product, only then let down by average image quality.