Swann SWDVK-829004-US 2900 8 Channel D1 Digital Video Recorder (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Includes 4 x high resolution 600 TV lines 1/3" SwannTruColour (STC) video & powerful infrared night vision, add 4 more cameras of your choice for full 8 channel viewing
- Set & forget by recording continuously from 8 channels for 30 days+ onto a massive 1TB hard drive, even longer with motion detection
- Save time & have peace of mind by easily locating incident video, then transfer to external storage via USB, eSATA or network
- Setting up remote viewing has never been easier with Swann's 'My DVR' customizable network configuration
- Surveillance in the palm of your hand with live viewing on 3G/4G-enabled Smartphones & tablets including iPhone, iPad, Android devices, BlackBerry devices and more*, and remote notification via email
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Item Dimensions||11.22 x 17.32 x 7.67 inches|
|Shipping Weight||14.65 pounds|
8 Channel D1 Digital Video Recorder / Larger, Clearer, Full Screen High Res Video in Real-Time / Pre-installed 1TB HDD / 4 x 600 TVL line Cameras / Easier 'My DVR' network set-up / High Def HDMI & VGA output / Live viewing on Internet, Smartphone.
Top customer reviews
Installation is relatively simple. Drill holes in your house, run wire from attic to holes , run wire from attic to the DVR. Make sure you have an outlet in your attic. My house is not huge but the included cable was not sufficient to place the cameras around the house, even though we did not place any on the two farthest corners. Keep in mind the cable is not stocked most places so you might want to go ahead and order extra when you order the system. In our case we only needed about 20 feet but had to buy 60 extra feet of a different brand cord because that was all that was locally available.
The picture is great for the price. Use common sense when placing the cameras. Don't aim the camera into direct sunlight. The night vision is not reliable but you would be able to make out a person. So far, I'm happy with the investment.
Initially this seemed a nice unit with only fan noise issues, but then the DVR unit stopped recording.The menu would not come up at all, no mouse cursor available, and none of the front panel controls worked. The only function available was live time video.
This is where the fun began. The 'Tech Support' that they brag about includes persons who barely speak english and most likely have never seen the products that they are supporting. The two that I dealt with were totally lost and had no clue as to what was wrong with the DVR.
Further research on my part shows that this group of Swann DVR's have a known history of defects. Apparently my unit lived beyond the normal life span.