Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 186 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 203 reviews
on November 15, 2013
It is really amazing that Swanson's brings this product at such an affordable price. All the other positive reviews say it all, and I take exception to the critical review, in that whole root powder is NOT filler, it is what it is: 100% turmeric. It may not be standardized, it may not be blended with black pepper, but it does what it is intended to do. And, not to mention, you don't see many people from India with arthritis, as Turmeric, as a staple of Indian food, is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Being a COX-2 inhibitor, it prevents the enzyme from even forming, which means people who take this product would be hard pressed to suffer from arthritis pain.

I can definitely tell the difference when I don't take this product, as the pain from my DDH (dysplasia, hip arthritis) is unbearable without it. Celebrex does help, but the Turmeric definitely makes a big difference, and I won't make the mistake of running out of it again.

Keyword search: turmeric health benefits. You do the research, and then you decide if it's right for you. So many confirmed sources can't be wrong. Turmeric only has a few side effects, mostly involving those with sensitive stomachs, but the clinical effects are very promising:

1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.

2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.

3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.

4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.

5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.

6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.

7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.

8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.

9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.

10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.

11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.

12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.

14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.

15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.

16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.

17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.

18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.

19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.

20. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.

Turmeric can be taken in powder or pill form. It is available in pill form in most health food stores, usually in 250-500mg capsules.

Contraindications: Turmeric should not be used by people with gallstones or bile obstruction. Though turmeric is often used by pregnant women, it is important to consult with a doctor before doing so as turmeric can be a uterine stimulant.
on September 17, 2016
I randomly started taking Turmeric just to see what it would do for me (mostly keeping the approach at detoxing my liver) but I have majorly noticed that this stuff (when taken at night) would help me to sleep quicker than I would have, and it being very noticeable. I like it especially for that since I have a hard time going to bed. So I would assume the studies for lowering blood pressure are correct because of the way I feel when taking it. It's a good thing. Would recommend to anyone suffering insomnia or high blood pressure.
on August 7, 2016
What can I say? I'm a slut for turmeric. I grew up vegetarian and put this stuff in soups, oatmeal, whatever. The capsules are a nice bonus and I always feel good about myself when I take one in the morning or at night. Be sure, though, to eat something with fat and/or black pepper in it around the time when you take this; it makes the spice much more bioavailable.
on December 13, 2012
Used along with other anti-inflammatory herbs and foods, this product appears to have the potential to lessen soreness from strength training. Because I began consuming myriad anti-inflammatory foods (sweet potato, kelp, kale, salmon, blueberries, olive oil) and herbs/vitamins (folate, ginger, green tea, CoQ, Resveratrol, fish oil, flax oil) at the same time, it is tough to identify the key compound. As is it impossible to do a true scientific study on one person, I have decided to use the brute force method that includes large doses of tumeric. It may actually be working. I have been able work out 6-7 days per week while reducing my intake of NSAIDs. As I have mentioned in other reviews, too much Naproxen causes vision problems, an issue unknown to many users and phsycians.

Taking tumeric along with these other products, which actually cost less than a high protein diet, seems to be reducing my muscle soreness and joint pain. The basic math is this... If using ten products that have a 75% of working individually, they each have a 25% chance of not working assuming no additional interactions. The probability of success is 1-(1-0.25)^10=94.4%. This is an oversimplification but as long as the cash cost is relatively minor, it has some logic -- given the implications. Problems arise when the cost of unproven anti-inflammatory products is very. This is not the case with Swanson tumeric as well as that consumed in spice form.

Consuming the right vitamins, herbs and foods is only half of the equation. Knowing what not to consume is also important. In my case, reducing huge amounts of soy and milk protein were part of the strategy. In my case, the combination of increase consumption of possible anti-inflammatory products along with reductions in pro-inflammatory products appears to be working.
on June 7, 2016
This is my third bottle of turmeric and I love how much better my joints feel when take this. No taste and no stomach issues for me at all. This is really easy to take as part of my supplement regime. Once again, Swanson is consistently good.
on September 15, 2014
I started taking turmeric reluctantly. My in-laws are from South Asia, and seem to think that turmeric with milk is a cure for everything. I haven't found it to help the common cold at all, but I take 6 of these capsules at night for my osteoarthritis, and I find that it has roughly the same effect as Advil. It has really reduced my early morning foot pain.
on October 21, 2016
My dog has a prostate problem in his old age. This stuff works so well for him instead of using a medication for the swelling. Giving it to him daily in peanut butter.
on April 12, 2017
This product (an anti-inflammatory) has many health benefits.. I've noticed the juice bar is now adding it to their green smoothies.

This is my third purchase and I'd recommend it; however, like Aspirin, there are precautions.
on March 20, 2014
though I have recently stopped taking turmeric I enjoyed the quality and price for this brand while we did take it and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to use turmeric as a supplement. I di have an interesting this happen about swanson that I wanted to mention, our vet made a house call for one of my dog children recently and while we were discussing supplements for the kids she said that she herself (she rather devoted to her craft) took quite a few of the most popular "supplements" for like glucosamine, and some others and did tests, herself on them to see how much of the actual product was IN The supplements in comparison to what the LABEL said was "in" them... and she said that by far swanson tested the closest to what they claimed in ALL her tests... I thought that was pretty interesting and was happy I had been using some of their products too. just thought id mention this. (BTW im not a swanson rep either! lol)
on October 19, 2015
love this stuff...great for travel, keeps my face less puffy and swollen from traveling so much on planes. two about an hour before my flight and i get off the plane looking less crazy LOL

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question