|Print List Price:||$15.99|
Save $10.00 (63%)
Sweet Confections (Indulgence Row Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 264 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $1.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to Sweet Confections (Indulgence Row Book 1)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
This is sassy classy writing at it's finest. The story grabs you from the first page and doesn't let go. Rachel and Kristen are exactly the kind of women you want to be friends with and hope you are like. Fun, feisty, independent, creative, smart, beautiful, caring. You get the idea. Lots of funny mix-ups as Rachel and Graydon meet. But don't get too comfortable as there is a suspense element to this romance.
Ms. Ferguson's writing is solid, well crafted, and spunky. I look forward to reading more of her work. This is her debut fiction novel and I'm hoping to see more romance novels with her name under the title. She's been published in other genres already.
If you like clean romance where you can get lost in the characters' world, then pick up a copy of Sweet Confections pronto. Not to mention there's a lot of dessert going on. Time to get in the kitchen and get your baking on!
I was immediately wrapped up in this story when it started out so explosively: Rachel Marconi discovers the shocking news that the man with whom she's been getting fairly serious has a wife and kids back in Italy. Then she's immediately rescued by the big, strong Grayson Green. Like a series of fireworks this story just keeps going on until the middle where it slows for a while. I'm not sure what exactly I expected, but it felt like the characters were restraining a bit too much. I think it's fine to keep it clean, I'm all about that, but I think I would have liked to maybe see a bit more emotional connection and hearts longing for companionship. Anyway that part didn't last very long and before I knew it the story was exploding away again with one event more intriguing and exciting than the next. I really enjoyed the Food Network part of the story and the mystery that was woven into the plot. I would have liked to see a bit more of that earlier on in the story. It was a fun element that I don't always see in this genre.
Overall, I really enjoyed Sweet Confections. It was almost completely perfect, and I have recommended it to many of my friends since reading it.
5. It's a clean romance with only a couple of minor swear words, yet it has the right amount of heart-melting, root-for-them moments.
4. Food Network references.
3. The chocolate lava tradition: a fun detail about the girls' tradition made even better with the husband's support. And Danyelle included the recipe--one I'm looking forward to trying out.
2. My favorite scene: Ice skating. (Probably all the more poignant because of my own history--see my bio and you'll understand.)
1. The redhead main character: spunky, feisty, funny, sweet, pretty, and real (including curves!). I hope to read more with this character and her hunk-able love interest.
Turns out he is a retired pro hockey player. From this point on there is a bit of stalking, vandalizing, etc. going on. I thought it was more of a mystery than a romance. There are some surprises that you don't see coming, some things that seem to be left unexplained, but they eventually get to their happy ever after. She and the pro hockey player that is.
There was absolutely no sex involved! Not even with the big ole pro hockey player!!! In fact, the only reference to "s.e.x." is ..."you know!" One reviewer said there were "swear words" but for the life of me I don't remember any. The whole family seemed so over the top clean and rather Pollyannaish that it surprises me that they even knew swear words. This story could easily be approved for young teens. I would certainly recommend it for them.
I was not paid for this review. I am not an author nor do I know one. I am not kin to this writer. I am a reader and this is just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Violence: a beating, a shooting
Language: <5 swears
Sex: descriptive kissing
Cute, fast read.Read more
Rachel is a great character.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Books > Romance > Sports
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Sports