Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 426 reviews
on June 14, 2012
While Christina's debut featured great, but restrained vocals compared to what she does now as well as some sadness and depth, this debut is more ballad-heavy and when it's not, it's much more fun when the upbeat tracks come on. Christina wins in the vocal department--there is no match there. But although Jessica's voice isn't perfect, it's meant to croon or force a powerful belt. I love the notes Jessica can hold. And I think she serves herself just fine on this wondrous debut. I expected to like some of the songs here but not every song! The only filler track here to me is Betcha She Don't Love You and even that would earn a 3.75 star rating from me! It's pleasant filler. Tracks like the classic pop ballads I Wanna Love You Forever and duet Where You Are with ex-hubby Nick Lachey really show off Jessica's vocal prowess. What makes this album such a fun thing to listen to is how sentimental it is one moment and how campy it can get the next! I've been a fan of Jessica's since all of the pop princesses came out in '99 and I've loved them all in different ways. Britney could dance better than the three combined and sounded like a black girl [boy do I miss her riffing on catchy pop numbers :(], Christina and Jessica were the belters, Christina and Mandy grew into respectable songwriters, and Mandy and Jessica had the innocence. And they are all good looking girls. :) My favorite at the time was Christina because she sang the best and boy did Genie In A Bottle have a hold on me lyrically, although Britney probably had the best breakout single (catchy, catchy, catchy!). But after having In This Skin and rarely listening to it after the initial luster wore off, I got back into Jessica. Then I bought this album here and was literally blown away after like 2 listens. This debut is very balanced. I will come back to it for months I bet on and off.

4.3 stars.

DOWNLOAD:
"I Wanna Love You Forever"
"My Wonderful"
"Where You Are" &
"Your Faith In Me"

HONORABLE MENTION(s):
"I Think I'm In Love With You"

SKIP:
None!!
on July 20, 2014
Jessica S. has a nice enough voice but the songs sound canned.
on October 21, 2015
Omg! Innocent
on May 10, 2015
The Begining of her Christian upbringing n song! A great singer! We will always love ur ministry n song!❤️🎼🎶🎈
on December 28, 2014
As promised
on September 14, 2005
If I remember correctly, this is Jessica's first debut album. In my opinion: although it's the oldest one, it's also the best one. It simply contains the most songs worth listening to - out of all her albums. What can I say, it's cost-effective (with a lot of good songs in one album), and it's just a plain fun.
on January 17, 2012
I bought this as a gift for my daughter, she likes it. She is a big Jessica Simpson fan so I guess, this is a great CD!