Oil month Automotive World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Sweet Little Lies (L.A. Candy)
Format: Paperback|Change

on January 30, 2012
Truly dedicated Lauren Conrad fans who have started the L.A. Candy series will appreciate how Lauren's writing skills seem to improve in this second part of the series. The storyline picks up more, and character situations become a little more interesting. The only critical review I have about Sweet Little Lies, is that each chapter in the beginning reintroduced the characters & their situational theme again (as it was introduced in L.A Candy). It really wasn't necessary & was somewhat annoying. I'm sure that most people who pick up the book a) know that they probably should've read L.A. Candy first, and b) The book really wasn't interesting enough to stand on it's own-- and reintroducing everything was a futile attempt. I would've rather there just be a disclaimer in the front of the book suggesting to read the books in order, than to have have to re-read an overview of each character, when they appear in the second book. A simple solution would to simply put pics of the books on one of the copy-write pages: LA Candy, Sweet Little Lies, Sugar & Spice, and The Fame Game (Coming in April). That way, those who may be reading out of order, have the choice to go back and re-read the first book(s) & those who started w/LA Candy can read through without feeling like they were reading LA Candy all over again. Again, this is probably the book (of the 3 out, so far) that will hook you & get you into the series. It's light reading, but could use a few adjustments.
on May 5, 2012
The book starts a little slow... The novel touches a number of themes such as alcoholism,being with someone who abuses you, betrayal, and hipocrisy being the main theme of the novel. I loved it, it was well written, which actually came as a surprise, really. I couldn't stop reading it, I finished it in two days, and I thought that the themes that covered the novel were smart. I lot of these things actually happen in everyone's life...

Brief Summary

Jane goes to vacation with Madison and she spends some days with her, when she returns to L.A. and to her apartment, the drama starts again...*** SPOILERS******Jane decides she makes a wrong move, and that she's guilty,asks for his forgiveness, and returns with him. Madison keeps using Jane, while she feels guilty for using her. She decides it's best to use her, because she wants to be famous instead of making friends. We also see a side of Gaby that we haven't seen before, and Scarlett gets romantic with a guy. **** END OF SPOILERS****
on May 17, 2016
This was such a good follow up to the first book in the series. The stories are funny and easy to read and they provide just enough drama to keep you entertained. I really enjoy series like this because they are light hearted and good to read anytime.
on January 24, 2014
I got the first book of the L.A. Candy series for Christmas and I read it in no time. I could not resist buying "Sweet Little Lies" and I have to say I did like it a lot. It is really easy to read and entertaining. If you liked the first book, you will like the second. I don't want to give anything away from the story, but I had the feeling it had more of an ending than the first book. I haven't bought the thrid book yet, but I am sure I will some time soon! I would recommend buying the this book, if you liked the first one. It is written in the same style and the storyline develops further.
on December 27, 2013
Very quick read at the beach for me this summer. I wish I could read it again like it was brand new. I was sad when it was all over.
on May 24, 2013
Tried the first book because I thought it would be interesting since the author actually lived this experience. It ended abruptly, like a season finale, so I had to check out book two. I enjoyed this book. Makes me wonder how much reality there is on reality TV.
Again, the abrupt ending.
on March 27, 2012
I am such a Lauren Conrad fan. She is my guilty pleasure! I found her second book which helps me on my little collection. This book arrived at me in very good conditions and its time delivery.
on January 31, 2016
Since I happened to bought L.A. Candy(the first series of this book), I can't stop reading it. I already have finished this, even though I'm not usually a book person but be waiting for a delivery of the third series.
on September 28, 2017
Very good book.
on June 23, 2013
I liked this book better than the first one. I am looking forward to reading the 3rd and last book.