Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 427 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 447 reviews
TOP 50 REVIEWERon November 12, 2015
I am an avid contemporary romance reader and I kept seeing Melanie Shawn's books show up in my list of recommendations. I had never read any of their books (Melanie Shawn is actually two sisters who write these books) but the covers in the Hope Falls series always stood out to me because of the beautiful scenery and the eye-catching, vibrant colors. I was delighted to see that the first book was free so I quickly downloaded it and started reading it.

It didn't take me long to fall in love with the town and characters of Hope Falls. I loved this book! The main character, Amanda Jacobs, has just lost her father. Her closest friends- Lauren, Karina, and Samantha -all put their jobs on hold and come back to their hometown to be with Amanda. Amanda's childhood love interest, Justin Barnes, also returns to Hope Falls, much to her surprise. Amanda and Justin have always been in love with each other but Justin never felt like he was good enough for her and a big misunderstanding causes him to leave Hope Falls without Amanda's knowledge. Amanda was heartbroken when Justin left and is still not over him but she is able to move on from him...sort of.

When Justin and Amanda see each other for the first time after ten years, sparks fly and it's easy to see they still have feelings for each other. Amanda currently has a boyfriend, Trent, who everyone calls Zach Morris from Saved by the Bell and it's obvious to everyone that he is not right for her. Having Justin and her best friends back in town helps Amanda get through saying goodbye to her dad. Justin and Amanda's romance quickly escalates and it is full of passion and beautiful love.

I thought Sweet Reunion was a beautiful love story and it was heartwarming and sweet. This book was a fairly quick read for me and I am eager to read the rest of the books in the Hope Falls series. I highly recommend checking this book out!
on March 22, 2017
Melanie Shawn is my new favorite author (I mean, I have a lot of favorites, like ten, and she's in that group). I read the Crossroads series before picking up this one, which was written before Crossroads.

This is the story of Amanda and Justin. Amanda's dad, who was her whole world, has died. Justin disappeared ten years ago but her dad's death brings him home. I don't want to give away any spoilers so I'll just focus on one part.

The grief. Amanda's grief was so real. I lost my dad a few years ago and it was like I was reliving those first few months as I read what Amanda was going through - trying to clean out his room, trying to deal with his business, trying to just exist. And while it made me sad as I was reading it, it goes to show what an amazing author Melanie Shawn is. Being able to put into words and so perfectly describe the grief of losing a parent you are close to takes amazing talent.
on February 22, 2016
Amanda Jacobs Small town girl all grown up and hurting after the loss of her father. Justin Barnes the first and only man she ever loved. Many things are keeping these two childhood sweethearts apart but everyone of those things stem from a complete misunderstanding that happened so many years ago. Talk about total communication breakdown.

This story was so fun and engaging it kept me reading through the whole thing (I might have burnt part of dinner that day) These people come alive as you read the tale of this amazing place call Hope Falls.

I look forward to the next visit.
on May 14, 2015
I came across Sweet Reunion by Melanie Shawn rather by accident, but I am truly grateful to have found it. From start to finish, I was pulled into the story. The chemistry and connection between the characters completely pulled at my hearstrings and at times, ripped me apart. I could not get enough of this book.

In this story, Amanda Jacobs has just lost her father and is struggling to get through it. To help her with this loss, her three best friends swoop into town, surprising Amanda. But they are not the only ones who arrive. Justin Barnes also has returned to Hope Falls. Justin was her dad's right hand man when they has been younger, and the love of Amanda's life. He had left 10 years ago, in the dead of night, and hasn't been back since. She is elated to see him, but wonders what will happen when he leaves.

This storyline gripped me from the start. It is a very emotional read and I could not help but fall in love with the characters. Their trials and tribulations captured me and I did not want this book to end. I am thankful that this is the first in the series, so I know there will be more to come by this amazing author.
on August 17, 2016
Good communication s the key to good relationships. Amanda knows how important it is to talk things out. But ten years ago she tried to communicate with Justin by declaring her love. And the next day he was gone. She has spent ten years missing Justin. She and her father had a wonderful relationship, open and secret free. At least she thought so. Now with the loss of her beloved father Amanda must take over ownership of Mountain Ridge Outdoor Adventures in Hope Falls. But with Justin back in town, will she have to do it alone? Justin is a great guy, still trying to overcome a painful childhood and a tendency to run when things get tough. Amanda is caring, honest and naive. Her three BFF's and other friends in Hope Falls provide realistic and comforting support. You can imagine yourself in the situations that occur in this book. They capture your attention and keep your interest.
on January 2, 2015
Oh my! I am so glad that I actually found Snow Angel and read that one first because I fell in love with Amanda and the rest of the characters in that book because Justin infuriated me when he first came back to town. I am still a little concerned how Melanie is going to help me like Kelly in future books.

This was such an emotional read for me. My heart broke for Amanda in the beginning; it broke for Justin in the middle and then it broke again for poor Noah in the scene at his house.

Beautifully written story! I can't wait to read Karina's story next.
on May 2, 2015
A great start to the hope fall series. Amanda has loved Justin all her life and was very devastated when he left town without any warning. Fast forward ten years later for the funeral of her father Justin arrives back in townLovely plot about recognizing true love at a young age. We meet her friends( who will later get their own books). Though this book is classified as romance there are other stories going on. Amanda has a beau who is not what he seems to be Justin finds out the father that abused him for so many years had another child. As a previous reader said I would have love more of Amanda and Justin but understood that the author was setting up and establishing other characters who would have their own story to tell in other books.
on July 21, 2016
Very sweet story! Justin and Amanda are a great couple with lots of passion between them. I loved Amanda's friends as well. It felt like it could be a great start to a new series.

The only reason it wasnt 5 stars for me was that sometimes it felt like there was a little too much going on in this story. There were times when the book lost focus a bit as it went into side situations/characters. For example, I thought more was going to happen with the jealous waitress, but nothing came of it. I felt like that part wasn't really necessary for the overall story.

Overall, I enjoyed the book and will check out more from this author.
on August 26, 2016
A very sweet look at love lost and when it returns you take another look at what you lost. Amanda's father has passed away and she does not know what she will do without him. Her father was a larger than life person, helping anyone who needed it in their small tight knit community. Her best friends from high school arrange to come back for the memorial service just when she needs them and then in walks the love of her younger life and the person she had hoped to move on from. The reading of her father's will is the reason he has returned, by the young man has also come back for Amanda. The love of his younger life.
on April 6, 2016
Amanda Jacobs had been in love with Justin Barnes since she was five years old to his ten years old. Justin had a hard life living with his drunken father and eventually Parker Jacobs, Amanda's father, had Justin come and live with them. Justin helped on the farm and agh the Mountain Ridge Outdoor Adventures Parker owned. When Amanda was 17 years old she went to Justin and tried to tell him she loved him. She took off her top and leaped up to kiss him. He knew he was too old still for her so he told her to get off and that he could not be with her. The next day he was gone. Ten years later, Amanda's beloved father has died. Amanda's god father has found Justin and asked him to come back for the reading of the will. He is nervous as she has loved Amanda for the last ten years, but thought that Amanda had wanted him to leave. Amanda is dating a guy, Trent, that doesn't put much effort into Amanda. Amanda's three friends who called themselves the Fabulous Four have come back for the funeral. Trent wants the reading of the will to get over with so he can talk Amanda into selling. Justin can't stand to see the way Trent is treating Amanda. Trent leaves which gives Amanda and Justin time to get to know each other again. Amanda is afraid that Justin will walk away again.

There are things going on in the background that neither know about. Justin gets a being surprise regarding his father. Trent may not be who they think he is. Amanda's three friends are relaxed and happy to be back home with Amanda. You need to read the book to see what happens. I enjoyed the book and thought it moved along at a good pace. Misunderstandings happened that made people overly cautious.