Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 422 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 580 reviews
on December 17, 2016
I read a bunch of the bad reviews after I bought it, and I was so nervous that I was going to be disappointed in the stickers. So many reviews said they didn't smell, but every single one was a little blast from the past. I was hoping my son would love this as much as I did when I got mine 30 years ago, and he does!
review image review image
on December 2, 2016
I was so disappointed by the scents in this book, which all smell like industrial chemicals. The peppermint was the only one with an actual holiday scent, but it was mixed with the chemical scent. The apple pie, christmas tree, and hot cocoa just smelled like melted plastic.
on March 4, 2016
This is a Christmas book that you will remember from your childhood. If you do remember it you will certainly remember the scents as well as the story and memories of Christmas is long gone. As everyone else has said it's a wonderful story and cebook to treasure and keep forever. Unfortunately the scents don't make sense. They seem to be tired and worn out and have little or no smell. The ones that do smell are faint at best or just some Chemical odor. A real shame. I guess perhaps the scents don't last.

I'm not going to return it I will keep it for the story lesson learned.
on November 24, 2015
Children in general (and some of us adults) love scratch sniff books). This book has the correct concept but based on the pictures, you'd assume it's for a toddler-younger preschooler. It is a long book (likely 32 pages) FILLED with many words on each page. Way too detailed without an entertaining story line! More words than Pinkalicious/page to give you an idea. The scented pages are VERY FEW, every four pages or so. I'm sending it back b/c I know the girls will just use it to scratch/sniff and not listen to any of the story. Great idea, boring long story.
on January 28, 2016
The story line is cute although the bear saying "it's almost Christmas" on every page is annoying but I bought it for the scratch and sniff factor. The book doesn't have that strong a smell though for any of the scents so I was pretty disappointed. First I bought a used copy that had no scent at all and then I returned that one and bought a brand new one but it only smells a tiny bit.
on January 9, 2017
I must have six copies of this book. I had it as a child, and remember reading and sniffing the stickers. *Perhaps* even tasting them a bit. My mom's copy came to me when she passed away. I also had purchased a copy in the meantime for when my older kids were little. They too loved the story, the adorable illustrations, and of course, the scratch and sniff. Then I bough another, because we misplaced it one year. They scratched, sniffed and tasted again. Then their baby sister came along ten years later, and it was time for a new copy.

This year the littlest is a budding reader, and wanted to read this book several times a week. The gift for her Christmas party was a book exchange, so naturally - you guessed it - we bought this to gift.

This book is really lovely. Beautiful story of an excited little cub and his family as they prepare for Christmas. Truly one of my all time favorite childhood memories.
on January 27, 2016
I had a copy of this book as a child and still have it after all these years. However, the scents all smell like "book" now and despite my best efforts and memories of the smells, they were beginning to fade. All my kids love the book as well and enjoy scratching the stickers for tiny whiffs of the lingering scents.

And then I found a new copy! I was so excited that it was still in print, and that the price was so low. I ordered a new copy for my kids to enjoy the actual scents with the story.The scents are apple pie, pine tree, gingerbread, peppermint, cocoa, and orange. All of them smell as good as I remember and they do make the book special. The story is also really cute and captures the excitement of getting ready for Christmas. The illustrations are pretty and the book has nice hard cover. The only difference I noticed was that the new copy has some glitter on the cover. My girls like this addition, but I don't really care either way.

I love having the new copy of this, but I hung on to the old one for sentimental reasons. The "book" smell is another smell I associated with Christmas because of how much of a tradition this book became.
on January 26, 2017
I've loved this book since when I was a kid. I bought this for my son for us to read during Christmas season. Scratch and sniff stickers are the best part about it!
on February 22, 2016
I owned this book as a little girl and can still remember reading it at Christmas time. I loved the story and the Christmas scents. I have given this book as a gift to all of my younger cousins, my nephew, and my friend's children. I also purchased it for my son when he was born, and he loves it too! He likes the interactive scratch n' sniff pages, and he talks about how "Mama had this when she was a little girl." It's now February, but this book still regularly makes in into the nightly rotation.
on December 21, 2015
The smell stickers don't work well even in a brand new book. My daughter and I love reading it though! The book has been improved in our opinion by the addition of sparkly glitter on the cover and on the Christmas tree. My daughter is fascinated with it. She is weirded out by the father bear's pipe, kind of a dated image in a kids' book, and is always asking if his head is on fire. I find this pretty funny.

I thought I remembered there being a page with a sugar plum to smell? I may be wrong. This book actually has my daughter smelling things around her and talking about how they smell. "So piney." "So spicy." She smells the plastic candy canes on our tree now. It kind of jump started new vocabulary! So thanks, Little Bear.