Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on October 8, 2014
The chocolate cake recipe in this book is the best thing I've ever put in my mouth. Seriously. Prior to this book, my vegan cakes were dense and chewy. Now they are light and fluffy, and fool non-vegans. I've also been able to adapt some of the recipes to make my own new flavors, such as the pistachio cake I made last night. Just chop up a 24 oz bag of shelled pistachios in the food processor, and soak in the soy milk for the yellow cake recipe. I had to add an additional 1/2 cup of soy milk to the recipe. Mixed in the remaining ingredients and baked for 40 minutes at 325F degrees.

I recommend this book to vegan dessert aficionados more than any of the other 15 dessert cookbooks I own.
on September 15, 2011
This is an excellent cook book. The pictures are wonderful, the recipes seem simple. I have tried the zucchini bread squares - they were a hit at work and even my 4 year old nephew liked them. My nephew and I also made the peach biscuits - we used peaches, plums and nectarines. These were also very good. And as I'm writing this I'm munching on the granola - yum! I also did not follow the recipes exactly - used white flour in the zucchini bread and made a batch of the peach biscuits with butter and milk and everything turned out beautifully. There are many more recipes that I look forward to trying including cinnamon rolls (they look like the ones my mom makes), triple chocolate cheese cake, creme de menthe brownies and a vanilla cheese cake - I'll be able to bring something for the holidays that I can enjoy as well.

I think everyone who buys this book will enjoy making the recipes and devouring the results. One note - many of the recipes call for "evaporated cane juice" which had me looking at the grocery store for some type of liquid sweetener - thank goodness I googled the term and found out it is turbinado sugar aka sugar in the raw. Easy enough I had that in the pantry!
on December 2, 2012
Most vegan books try to combine partly true health nostrums with scratching their way to a moral high ground. That's not the basis for inviting and appetizing cooking.

What Mainquist has done with this nicely photographed book is to whisk the reader from one tempting delight to the next. I kept saying..."I didn't know you could do that with vegan cooking."

If you want treatments for health or morality, there are lots of books out there but, if you want treats...this is the book to buy.
on August 14, 2016
Great cook book! Delicious desserts, which is refreshing because as a vegan i sometimes have trouble finding good sweets. Everyone loves these desserts, even my non-vegan friends. I like the pictures that are included. The pictures really helped me decide what I wanted to cook and i found that the recipies are easy to make and very yummy. I enjoyed usuing this book and my mom does too. I am very happy with this purchase, it is nice to have some options for desert that accomidate my eating habits.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 20, 2013
I borrowed this book from the library, loved it so much, I decided to buy one. I love the pictures!! They really make you want to make many of these sweets. I've tried a few recipes from it so far and they all turned out fine (except for the graham crackers). There are many more recipes I want to try. I like that each recipe is different, instead of 10 variations of the same recipe. I can make the variations myself. And they have a lot of the classic dishes, which I love, since I didn't have good recipes for them.They use egg replacer in many of the recipes for the egg substitution, which I had to go get a packet. I was fine with it, since I've been wanting to play around with it anyway, but I might tweak the recipes to use my usual substitutions when I run out of it. The recipes are a little rich, so they'll be great for parties and special occasions, but not so much for my weekly dessert.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 19, 2012
First of all, let me state I bought this book for a gift- I am not vegan. However, I'm giving this a 5 star simply because the recipes in it look/sound so good that I want to try them! I have my eye on 4 or 5 recipes that look quick, easy, and tasty.
on February 20, 2015
Awesome, awesome, awesome!
on December 26, 2012
Whether you are firting with, new to, or have been a vegan for 25 years, this book is amazing. The author has so many beautiful, healthy, and declicious desserts. Also lots of recipes to let you run with your creative ideas. Recipes as easy as cakes and some as hard as tempering chocoloate ( well for me anyways). Reccomend this book to anyone eating healthy, but still needing that dessert fix!!
on December 24, 2012
This book is wonderful. Filled with colorful photos, any person who learns visually will totally appreciate it. It had a ton of recipes for all types of palates out there. Wonderful book.
on July 12, 2015
Really nice book. Beautiful photos and recipes easy to follow. I recommend this book!