Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 11, 2012, 8:13:45 AM PDT
moogle11 says:
This looks like the Vita's first AAA JRPG, let's hope there's more to come !

Posted on May 11, 2012, 9:16:24 AM PDT
Is this game good? How good is it? I'm new to Persona.

Posted on May 12, 2012, 4:02:45 AM PDT
R. J. Smith says:
I loved it until the voice acting stopped. It was such a shock when the voices vanished about 5 hours in. To me it's a character driven game and the voice acting really sold it.

Tales of Legendia was another game where I ran into that problem. It's almost fully voice acted up until the "last boss," and then has a slew of character stories afterwards without a lick of voice acting. Couldn't bring myself to continue on with the character stories at the end, it felt like there was a gaping hole in the game.

Just one of those games that highlights how important voice acting has become to my immersion in RPGs.

Anyways, if that doesn't bother you, it's a brilliant game. The only downside (other than my gripe with voice acting) is that it's all story with little input from you for the first two hours or so; it's almost like watching a movie at the start.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012, 9:05:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2012, 9:08:59 PM PDT
Ali says:
Persona 4 ranks very highly on my list of games; I would definitely recommend getting a chance to play it. The story is good (maybe a little cheesy sometimes), and the battle mechanics are difficult sometimes, but almost always fair, once you get a handle of things. The music is amazing too. The director Meguro did a wonderful job for many of the Shin Megami Tensei games.

Don't worry about starting on the 4th game either; the Persona games don't really have arching story lines between them, just some references here and there.

If you are interested in the series, I would also recommend Persona 3 Portable, a PSP game. If you have a PSVita (I assume you do), you can get P3P off of the PSN Store for 20 bucks now. Hope you enjoy yourself! :)

Posted on May 13, 2012, 12:44:07 AM PDT
TimesTicking says:
This is the only reason why I'm getting the Vita

Posted on May 13, 2012, 3:04:57 PM PDT
C. Helfrick says:
Ya persona 4 (and 3 for that matter) is probably one of the best JRPG's ever made. Everything about it is solid, and it is addicting as all hell.

Posted on May 13, 2012, 3:29:27 PM PDT
This game and disgaea 3 were the only reasons I bought a Vita! Can't wait!

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 1:27:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012, 1:27:43 PM PDT
It's easily my favorite game on the PS2, and one of my favorite games of all time (together with Final Fantasy VI and Valkyrie Profile - that is high praise coming from me). It balances the silliness of JRPGs far better than our current PS3 games.

But it starts slow, so be warned.

Any chance this might see a console release? I don't really like re-buying old games, but if it has as much addition as they are touting, I might change my mind.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012, 12:57:07 PM PDT
Rye says:
Same here! Sleep mode for dungeon crawling. Easier for level grinding.

Posted on May 25, 2012, 10:33:14 AM PDT
L says:
wow i want this, but i don't have a vita :/ if they put out more j-rpgs like this i will definitely buy one

Posted on May 29, 2012, 8:14:05 AM PDT
H. Shamsi says:
The first persona game i've ever played, i remembr i got board the first hour or so and stopped playing it, then picked it upnagain after a while when my mood was better, and Wow was i glad i didn't give up on it...
It turned to be one of my fav RPG games on PS2 alongside FFX and kingdom hearts... After beating this i had to play P3 FES and then i had to play P3 with the female MC, and i just fill in love for the persona series..
I will definitly get it when it comes out, this time i will aim for 100% game complation ... I can't wait

Posted on May 29, 2012, 8:53:39 AM PDT
Sama80 says:
I was holding off on Vita but I will buy one just because of this game! The Persona series is one of my favorite of all time. I have the game on my PS2 but with all the additions plus it being portable I will definanetly get the game and the system now.

Posted on May 31, 2012, 4:21:13 AM PDT
Redskyze says:
Now that I own a Vita I can officially start drooling in anticipation. Just hope Dragon's Dogma can last until then.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012, 2:47:41 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 1, 2012, 2:47:53 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 1, 2012, 2:47:57 PM PDT
Anyone know if they will mkae a PS Vita special with this game? I know they have done this a few times with the PSP but has anyone heard if they would think about doing it for this?

Posted on Jun 1, 2012, 10:15:56 PM PDT
TimesTicking says:
Persona 4 Golden added things:
3G and Wi-Fi support
New event scenes
Added Personas
Added character outfits
New character Marie, voiced by Kana Hanazawa. She's a "mysterious girl" who appears before the main characters.
When you're about to die in a dungeon, you can send a message seeking help to other players. It's not specified how this system will work exactly.
Additional anime movie scenes, with new voices
1.5 times the voice of the PS2 original
New song for the opening movie
An element that has been highly requested by fans

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012, 2:16:44 PM PDT
Matthew says:
On your Tales of Legendia point, loved the game but like you stopped playing when the character stories came along. Can't get used to a silent Tales of game lacking voices. Namco were lazy.

Anyway. I'm looking forward to Shin Megami Tensei IV which was recently announced for the 3DS by Atlus too.

Posted on Jun 7, 2012, 8:10:58 PM PDT
Jwolf says:
will this game be hard to get. should i preorder...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012, 6:53:09 PM PDT
Matthew says:
No. I think it will probably have a limited print run sure due to the small userbase of the Vita currently but Atlus will likely reprint more copies in the future if it sells out, or if demand outweighs supply at launch.

Nothing to worry about there, pretty certain anyone who wants the game will get it.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012, 5:12:32 AM PDT
I think there will be enough copies for Vita users because I am personally waiting on this game to be available to purchase before I invest in a Vita and like I say a million times to everyone else, if they make a Vita bundle with this game then I will be a happy fanboy and insta-buy/preorder that.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012, 3:41:09 PM PDT
does anyone know if the original japanese voice acting will be included in this game ?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012, 8:58:12 PM PDT
Matthew says:
No. Atlus hasn't included it for any Persona game be it on the PS2 or PSP, nor has Atlus included with Catherine.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012, 10:47:36 AM PDT
Matt says:
"Anyway. I'm looking forward to Shin Megami Tensei IV which was recently announced for the 3DS by Atlus too. "

Haha, oh crap, I just bought a Vita because Persona 4 Golden is coming, now I'm going to have to buy a 3DS too? Man, I wish they could just settle on one system for these things if they're not going to make them multi-platform...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012, 10:49:19 AM PDT
Matt says:
"No. Atlus hasn't included it for any Persona game be it on the PS2 or PSP, nor has Atlus included with Catherine."

Well, to be fair, there probably wasn't room on the PS2 or PSP discs for both the English and Japanese voice acting. In theory, it should be more feasible on the newer systems. That being said, yeah, I wouldn't count on it.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012, 9:41:18 PM PDT
I just brought the Persona 4 The Golden Official Accessory Pack ....and they sent me 2 instead of 1....that case is very cool
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  32
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  May 11, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about